Predictions Revisited

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Predictions Revisited

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:04 pm

Anyone want to go back and look at all of the predictions made before and during the season?
Miss Hoopster had these teams from the east(in order): #1 Fargo South, #2 Shanley, #3 Red River, #4 Devils Lake - huh, how'd those state tourney seeds work out? Good job Hoopster!

Yours truly, earlier in the week: WDA tourney teams(in order): #1 Mandan, #2 Bismarck, #3 Century, #4 Minot - what, no Jamestown?! huh, how'd those tourney seeds work out? 8)

as quoted by yours truly again - on November 15 and 16th: "...a good point guard is essential to have success against good teams - (i.e. at state tourney time) i still think by the end of the year, their freshman pg will be their starter (if not sooner).... but when it gets down to crunch time such as qualifying for state or playing good teams at state, kenney will be doing the ball handling and running the show..." regarding the starting of Sophie Kenney for Shanley. huh, did you check the starting lineup for the edc championship game last night?

heck yeah, I'm tooting my own horn!! Who else wants to pat themselves on the back and take credit for a great prediction?

oh, yeah, please ignore all of my other predictions that didn't pan out!!! :D
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Re: Predictions Revisited

Postby roughrider125 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Regarding Kenney it was the only game she started all year and I thought it didn't work out so well
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:40 pm

roughrider125 wrote:Regarding Kenney it was the only game she started all year and I thought it didn't work out so well

no, she started the last 2 regular season games as well, albeit due to illness to Jackson
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:29 pm

Yes EastGuruWannabe you had many correct predictions. If we ignore the wrong predictions you were doing an amazing 100%! Just kidding, thanks for making things more interesting and you did make some good calls!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:44 am

EDC wrote:Yes EastGuruWannabe you had many correct predictions. If we ignore the wrong predictions you were doing an amazing 100%! Just kidding, thanks for making things more interesting and you did make some good calls!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day :D

by the way, apparently my prediction for the wda is wrong according to some of the other posts here - i guess south plays century and shanley plays minot? is that right? so i guess minot was 3rd and century 4th?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:24 am

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
EDC wrote:Yes EastGuruWannabe you had many correct predictions. If we ignore the wrong predictions you were doing an amazing 100%! Just kidding, thanks for making things more interesting and you did make some good calls!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day :D

by the way, apparently my prediction for the wda is wrong according to some of the other posts here - i guess south plays century and shanley plays minot? is that right? so i guess minot was 3rd and century 4th?

i am pretty sure century is 3rd and minot is 4th
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:24 am

Century lost to Minot twice and Minot has a better record. Minot is #3 and Century is #4.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:51 am

Eminence wrote:Century lost to Minot twice and Minot has a better record. Minot is #3 and Century is #4.

Century has a better record than MInot!, Minot is 3rd seed because they beat Century in the first round of the WDA and because both teams made state Minot gets bumped to #3, In the east that would not happen, the EDC seeds the two qualifying teams by their regular season standings.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:22 pm

bruins44 wrote:
Eminence wrote:Century lost to Minot twice and Minot has a better record. Minot is #3 and Century is #4.

Century has a better record than MInot!, Minot is 3rd seed because they beat Century in the first round of the WDA and because both teams made state Minot gets bumped to #3, In the east that would not happen, the EDC seeds the two qualifying teams by their regular season standings.

My bad. Your right Century had a better record but has lost all three to Minot.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls