State

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State

Postby Ridergreat » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:49 am

First round games take place at the Exhibit Hall in Bismarck.

1W Mandan (19-3)

4E Devils Lake (9-13)

Game Time 2:00 PM

2E Fargo Shanley (18-4)

2W Bismarck Century (12-10)

Game Time: 4:00 PM

1E Fargo South (19-3)

4W Minot (11-11)

Game Time: 6:00 PM

2W Bismarck (20-2)

3E Grand Forks Red River (17-5)

Gime Time: 8:00 PM
Ridergreat

Re: State

Postby roughrider125 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:31 pm

ha those are like the same teams as last year...class A needs more teams!
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:42 pm

Congrats to Devils Lake on making it back to state. I really didn't give them much of a chance after the injury. Congrats to South for the great season. Mandan - again! Jamestown out - I feel bad for them. I think both South and Shanley have good chances to win at least the first game. Wierd but South plays the 4th pre-tournament seed from the West and Shanley plays the fifth seed. Bismarck will regroup and I look forward to a South-Bismarck semi-final. South has a decent chance of winning that game. If Shanley wins and plays Mandan that game might be ugly unless Shanley quickly learns how to handle pressure better. Don't know a lot about Minot and Century. Red River might be the best rebounding team in the state. Good luck to all teams especially the East. Good luck to the seniors - ENJOY!!

Question? Is the Exhibit Hall a nice place to play? Is it attached to the Civic? Never been there. Thanks
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:13 pm

roughrider125 wrote:ha those are like the same teams as last year...class A needs more teams!

Any school can challenge up divisions. So if there are not enought teams maybe some of the class B teams should step up and fill in.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:30 pm

EDC wrote:Congrats to Devils Lake on making it back to state. I really didn't give them much of a chance after the injury. Congrats to South for the great season. Mandan - again! Jamestown out - I feel bad for them. I think both South and Shanley have good chances to win at least the first game. Wierd but South plays the 4th pre-tournament seed from the West and Shanley plays the fifth seed. Bismarck will regroup and I look forward to a South-Bismarck semi-final. South has a decent chance of winning that game. If Shanley wins and plays Mandan that game might be ugly unless Shanley quickly learns how to handle pressure better. Don't know a lot about Minot and Century. Red River might be the best rebounding team in the state. Good luck to all teams especially the East. Good luck to the seniors - ENJOY!!

Question? Is the Exhibit Hall a nice place to play? Is it attached to the Civic? Never been there. Thanks

The Exibit Hall is very nice, small but intimate. South plays Century and Shanley plays Minot because Minot beat Century in the WDA, so their seeds coming into the tournament were flip floped.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm not sure if Century over Jamestown is an upset. They went 1-1 during the regular season, both in close games. The reason Jamestown stayed with Mandan is Schuchard hit 6 - 3s. She played really well against Dickinson and Mandan but unfortunately I didn't get to see the Century game.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cd » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:07 pm

The exhibition hall is a very nice place to play - better than the big civic center. Exhibit hall is much more cozy but doesn't handle as many people!
cd
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls