Mandan for 6 Peat???

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan for 6 Peat???

Postby O_Snap » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:44 pm

What do you guys think?
O_Snap

Re: Mandan for 6 Peat???

Postby bruins44 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:37 pm

If there was any year in the past 5 that someone other than Mandan can win state its this year!! In the past everyone was playing for second, this years Mandan team is very good, but not the same team that was led by the Kalpinski sisters. It will be a very fun state tournament, BHS is the team to beat but Mandan has a mental thing over the Demons. South maybe Shanley from the East may have something to say about it also.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby upnext » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:49 pm

With Collins and Finley on the floor at the same time and rolling like they did over the Demon squad they are actually more fun to watch moving the ball than they were in recent yrs. The press still gets to the maroon and white every time; guess teams can't figure out how to beat a full court 1-3-1 trap yet?? MHS wins six in a row...
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:03 pm

I don't think it is a matter of figuring out the 1-3-1 trap but playing at the speed of Mandan. The difference between their press on Jan 2 and Sat night was unbelievable. BHS looked shell shocked. But I wouldn't count them out.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:55 am

I like their chances.........they have the talent and the coaching......but BHS could be trouble if they find their game
demon_fan14

Postby upnext » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:13 pm

BHS stinkin day one once again

GO Braves SIX PEAT
upnext
NDPreps Starter

Postby demon_fan14 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:58 pm

upnext wrote:BHS stinkin day one once again

GO Braves SIX PEAT

haha they got the win they move on thats all that matters.....if they dont pick if up they will have a much harder time with mandan tho
demon_fan14

Postby Dynasty » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:17 am

I'm a big Mandan fan and am hoping for the best.....BUT......I don't know what everyone else thinks about the competition. After watching the games yesterday, I think BHS is going to have a better shot at making it to the championship. I personally thought Shanley looked tougher than South.

My point is....no one is in the Championship yet, gotta get by Shanley and South first and they aren't just gonna roll over!

Having said that, I still think it'll be BHS vs. MHS Saturday night, but you never know!

Gonna be some great games today and tomorrow!

GO BRAVES!!!!!!!
Dynasty

Postby bbplayer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:42 am

Very well said Dynasty! The games are played to find out the truth on who is actually the best! Mandan has its hands full these next few days.
bbplayer

Postby cd » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:10 am

Mandan will have their hand full and trying to play against the refs doesn't help any. That was unbelieveable the number of "dumb called" fouls last night. The refs sure tried their darndest to get Mandan out of their game so it remains to be seen what happens tonight. If Mandan is allowed to play ball, they should come out okay.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:13 am

I noticed that too. It was really bad in the Century/FS game also! Who picks these refs? The female ref from the East should stay home. WOW is she bad!!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:19 am

I watched the FS/Century game also and it wasn't a conspiracy thing. Maybe it was just a bad day. The game was excellent. Just when I thought FS had put Century away they came back and made it very interesting.
Last edited by Deuce on Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:19 am

You guys need to read the forum rules posted at the top of the forum......Quit critisizing the officials and play ball!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:30 am

Baller are you serious. Nobody was call the ref a nasty name but there should be some accountability especially at the State level. Earlier Shanley was complaining about the EDC championship game and a female ref. If it is the same person, I can see what they are talking about. At the state level, there should be quality reffing.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:48 am

I am serious. I am so tired of the "poor us" mentality. The "the refs are picking on us" crap. Yes, some refs are better than others, but there is nothing you can do about it so just play. The kids are told to play through it.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:58 am

I whole heartedly agree that the players just need to play and not worry about the calls. I don't think any of the refs were so bad that it influenced any of the games but when we get to the state level all I'm saying is that there should be quality refs.

Back to the subject: I pick Mandan over Shanley by 10+ and BHS will come out and pound FS because of how poor they played last night.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Baller is absolutely right. The moderators read all threads and invariably after almost every game someone is criticizing the officials. Some get downright nasty. Not saying this thread was nasty, but it certainly was critical.

If you have never refereed a game, try it sometime. Help out your school and ref a junior high game or something. Even C-squad. Just try it. Then come back on here and tell us how hard it is.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:53 pm

Hinsa wrote:Baller is absolutely right. The moderators read all threads and invariably after almost every game someone is criticizing the officials. Some get downright nasty. Not saying this thread was nasty, but it certainly was critical.

If you have never refereed a game, try it sometime. Help out your school and ref a junior high game or something. Even C-squad. Just try it. Then come back on here and tell us how hard it is.

It is dang hard. That being said, the crowd can see fouls way better than the refs. I find it funny that the refs could do a better job sitting on the sidelines than running around on the floor but I think it is true.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 pm

I started a big, long post agreeing with Stromer, but stopped myself. This is not the place.

Back to Mandan basketball.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:13 pm

How does Shanley match up with Mandan or vise versa? Will they be able to handle the press?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:18 pm

Eminence wrote:How does Shanley match up with Mandan or vise versa? Will they be able to handle the press?

I am not sure about this one. Mandan's guards are REALLY good at drawing fouls. I think that Mandan could end up in foul trouble early again if they are not careful. Shanley is pretty descent at getting it to Paulson in the middle of the floor and letting her look around at open people streaking up the sidelines. Shanley thrives in a fast paced game. It should be a fun one and Shanley's young players don't panic they could make it interesting.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm not gonna beat around the bush here, finally someone was calling travels on Ali Collins this season. She travels a lot, they never called it at WDA or this season, but finally they did last night vs. D-Lake.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:57 pm

You must have been watching a different game. They never called 1 travel against her. 5 fouls yes but no travels.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:58 pm

Ming01 wrote:I'm not gonna beat around the bush here, finally someone was calling travels on Ali Collins this season. She travels a lot, they never called it at WDA or this season, but finally they did last night vs. D-Lake.

maybe she could school you in a game? your looking at a D-1 player easy in her with a year to go hands down best gaurd in the state
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Eminence » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:03 pm

Collins is by far the best point guard playing in the state. Wouldn't doubt Amundson will send another player to a D-1 school. She played amazing during the WDA. No one had an answer for her.

Marlee also has been playing tough. I didn't think she was a Miss B candidate but she has stepped up her game and I think is deserving.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls