Regional Tournaments

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Regional Tournaments

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:44 pm

OK, we're within shouting distance of the regions. What do we see coming down the road for matchups, who advances to state, etc.
East - South is the obvious favorite until someone beats them, Shanley and RR will be battling for 2nd and 3rd, but it won't matter who gets what seed. they will play each other in the semis. I predict Devils Lake to make it in the 4 spot.
West - Bismarck will get the #1 seed, but Mandan will win the tourney. Jamestown will lose to Mandan in the semi's but come back to win the play in game and advance. by the way, did jamestown peak too soon? 2 straight losses, granted to good teams, and now a close win over turtle mountain? are they sliding? what do you west people see from the jays? 4th will go to century

at least thats what the magic 8 ball is telling me!!!!
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Re: Regional Tournaments

Postby Dr. Sports » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:44 am

i agree with everything you said about the east but I don't think Mandan will take Bismarck in the tournament. Nobody has been able to beat them all year and mandan will take second. Jamestown is showing signs of slowing down but then again their losses came from Mandan(in mandan) and Bismarck. I checked into what could have been the Belcourt deal and I've come to the conclusion that they are beggining jell. They only have 2 starting seniors(which means they have a young team) according to a post comment and I checked their schedual and they've beat Century at Century, Minot at Minot, Williston at Williston, and St.Mary's at home. Their last 4 games are at home Bismarck(a sure loss) and then Century, Williston, and Minot. Dickinson has beat Century twice this season also. N E Ways my predictions
1. Bismarck=8. St.Mary's
2. Mandan=7. Minot
3. Jamestown=6. Belcourt
4. Dickinson= 5. Century
Winners bracket.
1. Bismarck= 5.Century(will get their revenge against Dickinson)
2. Mandan= 3. Jamestown
Losers bracket
4. Dickinson=8.St.Mary's
6. Belcourt=7. Minot
Championship. Bismarck over Mandan(Don't be surprised if the always tuff Mandan wins this one)
Third Place. Jamestown over century
Fourth place. Dickinson over Belcourt
If Dickinson beats Century then they'll follow in each others foot steps with one exception Belcourt over Century(sounds hard to believe but they beat Century on the road already and Minot as well plus like I said I think there getting better).
Last edited by Dr. Sports on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:54 am

EastGuruWannabe wrote:OK, we're within shouting distance of the regions. What do we see coming down the road for matchups, who advances to state, etc.
East - South is the obvious favorite until someone beats them, Shanley and RR will be battling for 2nd and 3rd, but it won't matter who gets what seed. they will play each other in the semis. I predict Devils Lake to make it in the 4 spot.
West - Bismarck will get the #1 seed, but Mandan will win the tourney. Jamestown will lose to Mandan in the semi's but come back to win the play in game and advance. by the way, did jamestown peak too soon? 2 straight losses, granted to good teams, and now a close win over turtle mountain? are they sliding? what do you west people see from the jays? 4th will go to century

Jamestown played a lot of teams at home and received "Home field advantage". They didn't improve or even know what to work on. Other teams have been improving thru the year while Jamestown stayed the same. I would pick Beulah as the underdog or the cinderella team for state. They have a new coach and are playing well. Century is right there also. I wouldn't count them out. They are a young team and if they can play consisten throughout the tournament, they will also have a chance at state.

I don't think Bismarck will go undefeated thru the whole year but which game they lose, I'm not sure. It is hard to beat a team 4 times in a row and I don't see Bismarck beating Mandan all 4 times. The big deciding factor will be when BHS plays Mandan on Tuesday on MHS floor.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:28 am

Beulah?????

Aren't they Class B still??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:42 am

Eminence wrote: I would pick Beulah as the underdog or the cinderella team for state. They have a new coach and are playing well. .

Class B.....
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Eminence » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Eminence wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:OK, we're within shouting distance of the regions. What do we see coming down the road for matchups, who advances to state, etc.

Jamestown played a lot of teams at home and received "Home field advantage". They didn't improve or even know what to work on. Other teams have been improving thru the year while Jamestown stayed the same. I would pick Beulah as the underdog or the cinderella team for state. They have a new coach and are playing well. Century is right there also. I wouldn't count them out. They are a young team and if they can play consisten throughout the tournament, they will also have a chance at state.

I don't think Bismarck will go undefeated thru the whole year but which game they lose, I'm not sure. It is hard to beat a team 4 times in a row and I don't see Bismarck beating Mandan all 4 times. The big deciding factor will be when BHS plays Mandan on Tuesday on MHS floor.

Sorry, I meant Belcourt.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bcourtbraves » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:53 pm

I agree that Belcourt has been playing tough the past few weeks. After a tough loss last saturday and Jamestown and upcoming game against BHS they will finish is out with a fairly week schedule. I think that they can beat Jamestown on a neutral court. But, will their inexperience hurt them?

Also I'd like to see Mandan and BHS on a neutral court at regional time. Mandan is the defending champs for the last half decade. You can't take that away from them. They will play tough because anything short of a Championship is a disappointment for them.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:22 am

I haven't seen Belcourt play - I've seen the scores and it looks like they are at least competing with the other teams - do they have a legit shot at grabbing that 4th spot from the west? Who are their good players and what style do they play?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dr. Sports » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:40 am

I think Belcourt has more of an outside chance of getting a fourth spot and I wouldn't jump the gun and say they'll beat Jamestown on neutral court either. If by some chance they make it to state, it will be the way I wrote it in my post. In fact I guarantee it could only be that way. By the way I don't know who's tuff on their team cuz I don't think they post their stats. I get my statistical sources from google= look up WDA Basketball(not sure if everyone knows that).
Dr. Sports
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:12 am

There top players would be Jordan Allard and Jezerae LaRocque. They are good ball handlers, can shoot from the outside but also has a decent inside game. LaRocque has been good on the boards for them. Their new coach has done a good job.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 am

It would have been fun to see them with Shaunna Knife this year!!
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:51 am

Had Shauna stayed they would definetly be one of the top contendors. Also, one of their players tore something in her knee. I think it was Poitra. She is also playing well considering her injury. But it still boils down to how well their coach has brought them together. Coaches don't always get the praise but he definetly deserves it.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller24 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Eminence wrote:Had Shauna stayed they would definetly be one of the top contendors. Also, one of their players tore something in her knee. I think it was Poitra. She is also playing well considering her injury. But it still boils down to how well their coach has brought them together. Coaches don't always get the praise but he definetly deserves it.

Davis tore a knee muscle, not poitra
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballstud » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Dr. Sports wrote:i agree with everything you said about the east but I don't think Mandan will take Bismarck in the tournament. Nobody has been able to beat them all year and mandan will take second. Jamestown is showing signs of slowing down but then again their losses came from Mandan(in mandan) and Bismarck. I checked into what could have been the Belcourt deal and I've come to the conclusion that they are beggining jell. They only have 2 starting seniors(which means they have a young team) according to a post comment and I checked their schedual and they've beat Century at Century, Minot at Minot, Williston at Williston, and St.Mary's at home. Their last 4 games are at home Bismarck(a sure loss) and then Century, Williston, and Minot. Dickinson has beat Century twice this season also. N E Ways my predictions
1. Bismarck=8. St.Mary's
2. Mandan=7. Minot
3. Jamestown=6. Belcourt
4. Dickinson= 5. Century
Winners bracket.
1. Bismarck= 5.Century(will get their revenge against Dickinson)
2. Mandan= 3. Jamestown
Losers bracket
4. Dickinson=8.St.Mary's
6. Belcourt=7. Minot
Championship. Bismarck over Mandan(Don't be surprised if the always tuff Mandan wins this one)
Third Place. Jamestown over century
Fourth place. Dickinson over Belcourt
If Dickinson beats Century then they'll follow in each others foot steps with one exception Belcourt over Century(sounds hard to believe but they beat Century on the road already and Minot as well plus like I said I think there getting better).

Dickinson hasn't beat Century twice this year...Century has won both games, 50-41 at Century and 56-52 at Dickinson.
bballstud

Return to Girls