3 class system-gaining momentum

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

3 class system-gaining momentum

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:00 pm

the first attempt of passing the 3 class system now that it is a NDHSAA item was a closer vote than the past...will having 3 classes lower quality of basketball or equal playing field and thus having more competitive games? I propose this idea for response...have a 3 class system for tournaments, but allow teams to schedule games against whomever they want...this way you could still have a small town schools who have a strong team play the larger schools...and when it comes to tournament time then the larger schools...especially the ones located in large cities....play other schools in the same boat....I don't see the problem with having a format like this for tournaments..

Class AA
Bismarck(high, century)-Mandan-Minot high-Fargo(all of them)-Grand Forks-Dickinson high, Williston, Jamestown

Class A
Trinity, St.Mary's, Shiloh, Fargo Oak, Our redeemers, Williston Trinity Christian, Minot Ryan, Devils Lake

Class B
Everyone else....would return some of the lusture to class b that has been lost the last decade...

Now the amount of games for Class A tournament time would be less for tournaments...that is a downfall..and it would be the same every year-basically like Class A already is....so I don't see why that wouldn't work....and keep in mind I believe allowing teams to schedule who they want would allow for less travel and to be able to play a better schedule.....there are some teams right now that cannot compete on the class A level...but if you move them down to class b...will most likely dominate in that area due to a higher amount of athletes in the pool....i don't think I am off base by my plan, but I'm interested to hear other viewpoints...
bigpoppakdog

Re: 3 class system-gaining momentum

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:48 pm

If we fallow your suggestion, why not take Devils Lake out of the A and put in Shanley, then the private schools could have their own tournement? I am saying this "tongue in cheek" to make a point about how silly this three class system could end up being! lol
Last edited by dgfsuperfan1 on Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dgfsuperfan1

Re: 3 class system-gaining momentum

Postby soccer09 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:00 pm

because shanley girls basketball is always fighting to be at the top of the conference and will be for the next 4 years? idk... lol
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls