Just say NO

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Just say NO

Postby HometownHigh » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:58 pm

Schools turn down 3-class system

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) Members of the North Dakota High School Activities Association have defeated a proposal for a three-class system for boys and girls basketball and volleyball.

Those sports now have Class A and Class B.

Association spokesman say Dave Carlsrud says 55 schools voted for the idea but 78 voted against it in a straw vote on Monday
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Re: Just say NO

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:33 pm

Its too bad for schools like Valley City... When they win 1 game in 3 years and are not even competive in girls basketball they want a change. They have what 350 students in 9-12 its hard to compete with the other Class A schools in the state.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:36 pm

Except that they play everyone in class A for 2 point games so they can get beat by Class B schools. Changing classes will not change the fact that they lose. They need to stop whining and start coaching from the bottom up to build a program.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Your right Baller.... Valley City needs to get a program started!! I know its comparing apples to oranges but look what the change in Class has done for Grafton. Their football team was going to quit if they didnt get moved down to AA and since they did they have been very good. I think the same thing can be said for their boys basketball team which was the laughing stock of the EDC, now they are a good Class B program.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls