MHS vs JHS (part II)

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

MHS vs JHS (part II)

Postby Dynasty » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:41 am

1-24-2008--Jamestown at Mandan.

It's time for revenge :twisted: and time to make a statement!

My prediction.....Mandan by 17.

Go Braves!

The gym's gonna be rockin! JHS is coming up on a badddd stretch of road......I'm thinking they may slide off into the ditch....
Dynasty

Re: MHS vs JHS (part II)

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:22 am

Dynasty wrote:1-24-2008--Jamestown at Mandan.

It's time for revenge :twisted: and time to make a statement!

My prediction.....Mandan by 17.

Go Braves!

The gym's gonna be rockin! JHS is coming up on a badddd stretch of road......I'm thinking they may slide off into the ditch....

I think you're probably right about a Mandan win, but I don't think it's going to even be that close. I'm still not convinced that Jamestown is that good yet. I know they beat Mandan and South, (both at home surprise surprise) but my gut tells me those were flukes. We'll see. If Jamestown can beat Mandan on the road in Mandan, then I'll become a believer. Until then: Mandan 77 - Jamestown 51 :shock:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:41 pm

How will they do away from home? That will be their test!
dgfsuperfan1

Postby flyguy » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:59 am

whos rated higher in the polls when they play?or is there gonna be a new poll before they play?
flyguy

Postby Eminence » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:17 pm

flyguy wrote:whos rated higher in the polls when they play?or is there gonna be a new poll before they play?

Polls are going by their record. I wouldn't base anything on a Poll. If you look at Jamestown's games, their higher points come from games against Valley City and St Mary's. If you take away those games, they are only averaging around 50 points a game. Mandan has been improving every game and has played higher competition.

I agree that Mandan is the likely winner and I predict they will beat Jamestown by over 20 points.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:42 pm

Eminence wrote:
flyguy wrote:whos rated higher in the polls when they play?or is there gonna be a new poll before they play?

Polls are going by their record. I wouldn't base anything on a Poll. If you look at Jamestown's games, their higher points come from games against Valley City and St Mary's. If you take away those games, they are only averaging around 50 points a game. Mandan has been improving every game and has played higher competition.

I agree that Mandan is the likely winner and I predict they will beat Jamestown by over 20 points.

I agree that mandan wins, but I say by about 12-15.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Any score yet?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller24 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:55 pm

53-44 Mandan over Jamestown.. Dale, Rambo and Jenson foul out in the game
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Thats a final score baller24? thanks! Looks like Jamestown hung in there.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller24 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:31 pm

EDC wrote:Thats a final score baller24? thanks! Looks like Jamestown hung in there.

IT sounded close all game... mandan should have had way more points but missed way too many shots from within 6 feet... somewhere like 13-16 shots? stats....

Points (1st+2nd=Final) Mandan(23+30=53)................ Jamestown(20+24=44)

TEAM
Turnovers .......................... 17 ...........................................26
Points off TO's ........................... 20 .................................. 7
Fg (%) ............................... 18-62 (29%) .................... 15-48 (31%)
3's (%) ..................... ......... 2-12 (16.7%) ....................... 5-20 (25%)
Ft (%) .............. .................. 15-20 (75%) ......................9-17 (53%)
Rebounds .............. ................... 49 .............................. 38
Points off of Offensive boards ................... 17 ............................ 8

PLAYER

Mandan: Finley 22points 11 rebounds, Collins 11 points, Levi 7 points, Jensen 5 point(fouled out) Rest of team with 8: 53 points

Jamestown: Ramlo 12 points (fouled out), Dale 11 points(fouled out), Hornung 8 points, Jystad 6 points, Schuchard 6 points, Wahl 1 point: 44 points.........

I thought it was a very well reffed game no biased reffing which was kind of a surprise to me and all in all mandan obviously out played and out hustled jamestown.. good win for Mandan and good luckto both team this weekend(mandan v. williston and jamestown v. bismarck)
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:18 pm

EDC wrote:Thats a final score baller24? thanks! Looks like Jamestown hung in there.

Yea. jamestown hung in there but werent they suppose to beat mandan.they were number 2 in the state and mandan was 5th
flyguy

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:22 pm

flyguy wrote:

Yea. jamestown hung in there but werent they suppose to beat mandan.they were number 2 in the state and mandan was 5th

I don't think many people expected Jamestown to win in Mandan's gym. mandan is 5th is the state, but should be 2 or 3...Depending on the outcome of the Mandan-Bismarck game next week, I say the new poll should be.
1. BHS
2. Mandan
3. South
4. Shanley
5. Jamestown
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:30 pm

Baller wrote:
flyguy wrote:

I don't think many people expected Jamestown to win in Mandan's gym. mandan is 5th is the state, but should be 2 or 3...Depending on the outcome of the Mandan-Bismarck game next week, I say the new poll should be.
1. BHS
2. Mandan
3. South
4. Shanley
5. Jamestown

Agree - though assuming South beats Shanley again this Tuesday????
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dynasty » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:07 am

baller24 wrote:IT sounded close all game... mandan should have had way more points but missed way too many shots from within 6 feet... somewhere like 13-16 shots? stats....

I thought it was a very well reffed game no biased reffing which was kind of a surprise to me and all in all mandan obviously out played and out hustled jamestown.. good win for Mandan and good luckto both team this weekend(mandan v. williston and jamestown v. bismarck)

Well said baller24. Two HUGE stats that hit you in the face....Collins 4 for 18, Jensen 2 for 11! Not your typical stats for these two. Not taking anything away from JHS, but those two missed a lot of bunnies last night. I doubt the two of them will have those kind of combined numbers for the rest of the year!

Nice bench play by the Braves, especially defensively. They out hustled JHS. Marlee Finley was a BEAST last night. She undoubtedly was the main factor in Mandan's win. If she'd have had an "off" game like Collins and Jensen, JHS coulda came outta there with a win.

JHS seemed to have a decent game plan, tried to take away the transition game. They ran the shot clock down on almost every possesion. They really tried to pass the ball around a lot to find an open look but Mandan was able to defend quite well. Not too many open looks to the hoop for JHS last night, Mandan had at least a hand in the face all evening, despite JHS's rapid passing from corner to corner.

On a side note, the BHS girls were in attendance. They sat on the JHS side. They represented themselves well and did not appear to cheer for or against either team. Hats off to them for showing some class and being unbiased.

Also hats off the the JHS fans that were in attendance. They were loud and in the game all night. They were all real aware of the happenings too. At one point in the game, a possession arrow was wrong and the Braves were about to get the ball, the whole JHS crowd erupted! Pretty impressive IMO.

Congrats Mandan! Nice win, hard fought, showed lots of heart. Keep up the great work!

Good luck to JHS this weekend.....but I'm guessing BHS by 22.
Dynasty

Postby Eminence » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:57 am

Dynasty wrote:
baller24 wrote:IT sounded close all game... mandan should have had way more points but missed way too many shots from within 6 feet... somewhere like 13-16 shots? stats....

Well said baller24. Two HUGE stats that hit you in the face....Collins 4 for 18, Jensen 2 for 11! Not your typical stats for these two. Not taking anything away from JHS, but those two missed a lot of bunnies last night. I doubt the two of them will have those kind of combined numbers for the rest of the year!

Nice bench play by the Braves, especially defensively. They out hustled JHS. Marlee Finley was a BEAST last night. She undoubtedly was the main factor in Mandan's win. If she'd have had an "off" game like Collins and Jensen, JHS coulda came outta there with a win.

JHS seemed to have a decent game plan, tried to take away the transition game. They ran the shot clock down on almost every possesion. They really tried to pass the ball around a lot to find an open look but Mandan was able to defend quite well. Not too many open looks to the hoop for JHS last night, Mandan had at least a hand in the face all evening, despite JHS's rapid passing from corner to corner.

On a side note, the BHS girls were in attendance. They sat on the JHS side. They represented themselves well and did not appear to cheer for or against either team. Hats off to them for showing some class and being unbiased.

Also hats off the the JHS fans that were in attendance. They were loud and in the game all night. They were all real aware of the happenings too. At one point in the game, a possession arrow was wrong and the Braves were about to get the ball, the whole JHS crowd erupted! Pretty impressive IMO.

Congrats Mandan! Nice win, hard fought, showed lots of heart. Keep up the great work!

Good luck to JHS this weekend.....but I'm guessing BHS by 22.

I agree that Collins and Jensen won't normally miss that many shots. JHS was lucky to be that close. The Bismarck Tribune had JHS with 30 turnovers and you can't win a ball game with that many turnovers and pride yourself that Mandan missed their layups. The Tribune said Collins was sick, Taken Alive was out and a reserve Zander was hurt. AND JHS still had 30 turnovers!! Congrats to their bench who must have stepped up.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls