BHS - SCHMIDT Out for Training Violations

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

BHS - SCHMIDT Out for Training Violations

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:14 pm

According to the Bismarck Tribune, Schmidt will be out until 2 games before WDA. What does that mean for BHS??
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: BHS - SCHMIDT Out for Training Violations

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:15 pm

Eminence wrote:According to the Bismarck Tribune, Schmidt will be out until 2 games before WDA. What does that mean for BHS??

More playing time for some of the Juniors. I really dont see it being a big impact. Insert a number of players in her spot and they are fine...They have a lot of weapons
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:44 pm

THE BELOW IS FROM THE BISMARCK TRIBUNE. IT LOOKS LIKE BHS HAS A FEW INJURIES. MAY BE A BIGGER CONCERN THAN MISSING SCHMIDT. HER REPLACEMENT SCORED 15. SEE BELOW.

Bismarck 6-0 West Region, 9-0 overall; St. Mary's' 1-4, 1-7.

Bismarck 78, St. Mary's 17

When Messer, a 5-11 senior standout, showed up in street clothes with a knee brace, it looked like a long night for the Saints.

That's the way things turned out.

"Alex Feeney scored 20 points as BHS posted its ninth victory.

Messer said her left leg began to give her a lot of trouble after a game with Turtle Mountain during the Christmas break.

"My bones got really inflamed and I couldn't extend my leg all the way," she said. "Now I've developed fluid in my femur."

A lot is riding on a stress test Messer has scheduled today.

"If I pass the test I can play on Friday (at Turtle Mountain) but it would have to be 5 minutes on and 5 minutes off."

After that, she would have to play it by ear, playing as much as her leg will allow.

Messer had surgery on the same leg two years ago to correct inadequate blood flow to one of the bones.

The Saints struggled without Messer, shooting just 16 percent and losing the battle of the boards 43-26.

Bismarck, missing two starters, didn't miss a beat. Kelsey Sigl, starting in place of Shannon Schmidt, scored 15 points and grabbed five rebounds. Schmidt will miss six weeks for a training violation and is scheduled to return with two games remaining in the regular season.

Kaitlyn Sturlaugson started at guard in place of Kelsey Reimnitz, who has been playing with an injury since mid-December.

"She's nursing a combination of a sprained ankle and an Achilles problem," BHS coach Steve Meier said. "We just need to clean that up to where she can play her normal game full-strength."

Meier said Reimnitz, his senior point guard, will also sit out Thursday.

"It was one of those precautionary things," the coach noted. "It wasn't getting better so we're just shutting her down for awhile. ... We're shooting for the Century game a week from Thursday (for Reimnitz's return)."
dgfsuperfan1

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:06 pm

what was the training violation if anyone as the facts and not a rumor?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:05 pm

please guys, the paper reported a training violation, but lets not discuss the details on here. Give the family their privacy. Discuss the effects is will have on the team, but lets limit it to that.

Thanks
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:00 am

NDSportsFan wrote:please guys, the paper reported a training violation, but lets not discuss the details on here. Give the family their privacy. Discuss the effects is will have on the team, but lets limit it to that.

Thanks

I agree!!! Schmidt was a strong athletic player who defended well and I'm sure will be missed by BHS. Who will her replacement be? I don't think the bench players are as aggressive or as strong as Schmidt.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:15 pm

Sigl shes been playing really good and then it just means the feeneys need to play more
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonsenior » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 pm

sigl has done a good job in replacing schmidt. I have watched her practice and the coaches are pushing her more now that shannon is out.
demonsenior

Return to Girls