Players with skills......who are unknown?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Players with skills......who are unknown?

Postby District_Guru » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 pm

In class A basketball, there are a lot of solid players. In fact I am willing to guess that there are players out there who would star at the Class B level, but are in the shadows on a Class A team. Sometime players who could play college ball are left in behind because no one knows about them. This form for you to point out those players, and give them credit.

Make the post something like this:
Jill Doall (Example)- Willston High School- very athletic, a good defender, and can drive to the basket, plays with a bunch of good scorers, so she doesn't need to, but she can play college ball.

Tell me what you think, give that player a chance for someone to see there skills.
District_Guru

Re: Players with skills......who are unknown?

Postby click clack moo » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:41 pm

adam burckhard for mvp this kid is amazing he can just pull up from half court and rain the triple but thats not all he had been having problems with team mates i hear so he is talking about quiting however this kid is way to good to quit so i think we will continue to see him put up HUGE numbers night after night...
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd-ball41 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:49 pm

click clack moo wrote:adam burckhard for mvp this kid is amazing he can just pull up from half court and rain the triple but thats not all he had been having problems with team mates i hear so he is talking about quiting however this kid is way to good to quit so i think we will continue to see him put up HUGE numbers night after night...

This is a girls basketball forum....so next time read before you post! Oh and you never even said where the kid is from, so how are we supposed to see if you are right or not?
nd-ball41

Postby EDC » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:30 pm

The Meartens girl from Devils Lake is a freshman I think. Good player now and of course will only get better.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 pm

EDC wrote:The Meartens girl from Devils Lake is a freshman I think. Good player now and of course will only get better.

Yeah...I am impressed. She is BJ's little sister. It looks like DL is running the same offense that went through Ashley, but now it goes through Mertens. She is a little inconsistant, but as a freshman, she is carrying the team. Not as quick as Ashley, but those are BIG shoes to fill when you are thrown to the fire in the first game of the season when the star goes down.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Yahyah » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:48 am

Fargo South is going to be a good team in 2-3 years. They have 3 freshmen move up to JV. 1 of them plays nice minutes of varsity. The other 2 also plays a little but not much.
Yahyah
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:58 am

Yahyah wrote:Fargo South is going to be a good team in 2-3 years. They have 3 freshmen move up to JV. 1 of them plays nice minutes of varsity. The other 2 also plays a little but not much.

Are you saying south does not have a good team this year and they have to wait for a few years to have one? South has a fine team this year and will be in contention to win the EDC tounement again this year.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 am

Yahyah wrote:Fargo South is going to be a good team in 2-3 years. They have 3 freshmen move up to JV. 1 of them plays nice minutes of varsity. The other 2 also plays a little but not much.

Megan Roerich will be starting soon. I see Fischer getting more and more time as the year progresses. Megan averages double digets in the JV games and only plays one half. Fischer is the best player for the JV that plays an entire game.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:06 am

Baller wrote:

Megan Roerich will be starting soon. I see Fischer getting more and more time as the year progresses. Megan averages double digets in the JV games and only plays one half. Fischer is the best player for the JV that plays an entire game.

Who do you see roerich replacing and in what position. I have seen her play guard and forward.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Baller » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:34 am

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Who do you see roerich replacing and in what position. I have seen her play guard and forward.

Right now I see her replacing Lee in the starting Line-up. Lee is in a slump right now and I hope that she finds more confidence, but right now, she is not having the production that Roerich is giving. Hopefully she can hit some shots and get her confidence back off the bench. Next game being Shanley, will Flaagen make the change in that big game? not sure, but I can see it happening at Central to shake things up a bit.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:48 pm

Baller wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
Baller wrote:

Right now I see her replacing Lee in the starting Line-up. Lee is in a slump right now and I hope that she finds more confidence, but right now, she is not having the production that Roerich is giving. Hopefully she can hit some shots and get her confidence back off the bench. Next game being Shanley, will Flaagen make the change in that big game? not sure, but I can see it happening at Central to shake things up a bit.

It would be a difficult call. Lee is a good rebounder and is not selfish with the ball. She plays tough defense. Roerich did not shoot well from the outside against Mhd.She gets points by driving to the basket, like Burck and Haring. She does not see the floor and does not get many assists.Very tentative when entering the ball to post players. With experience she will have a great future at FSH. See the Bruin website for stats.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:06 pm

Baller wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
Baller wrote:

My bet is he will make the tuff decision now and start her against Shanley.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EDC » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:12 pm

I don't know these players personally. They have to know and remember that just because you don't start doesn't mean you are a bad player and cannot contribute. Many times quite the opposite. It takes a lot of character for an upper classman to be a team player and keep a good attitude when the coach decides to start a younger player. Hang in there upperclassmen!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:29 pm

EDC wrote:I don't know these players personally. They have to know and remember that just because you don't start doesn't mean you are a bad player and cannot contribute. Many times quite the opposite. It takes a lot of character for an upper classman to be a team player and keep a good attitude when the coach decides to start a younger player. Hang in there upperclassmen!

Agreed! Hard work can have its own rewards even when it goes unseen!
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:56 am

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EDC wrote:I don't know these players personally. They have to know and remember that just because you don't start doesn't mean you are a bad player and cannot contribute. Many times quite the opposite. It takes a lot of character for an upper classman to be a team player and keep a good attitude when the coach decides to start a younger player. Hang in there upperclassmen!

Agreed! Hard work can have its own rewards even when it goes unseen!

I think the 1st one or 2 off the bench are just as important or more important than the starters. If they can't come in and play to the same level as the starters, then your team is in trouble. I have made a change in the starting lineup before to have a stronger player come off the bench to spark us or keep us playing at a high level. Its nice to have the options that coach flaagen has in bringing girls off the bench that are capable of starting. It makes for a much stronger team.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:36 pm

If its means anything, Lee played the JV game vs. Moorhead and Roerich did not. Seems like the decision has been made and communicated. Lee played very well last night too and will be key to bruins being 1st off the bench.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Baller wrote:If its means anything, Lee played the JV game vs. Moorhead and Roerich did not. Seems like the decision has been made and communicated. Lee played very well last night too and will be key to bruins being 1st off the bench.

I took bruin44 advice and went to watch the FSH JV play MHD's JV. They do have some talented younger players. Several of the girls on the FSH JV could go up to north and play varsity now.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby ball23 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Jordan Allard from Belcourt. She's very athletic, can shoot the ball and penetrate to the hoop.
ball23

Postby Carl08 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:52 pm

Jordan Allard? wow that's a coincidence
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Rich_2999 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:59 pm

Belcourt seems to be a young team with a lot of unknown players. I also was impressed with #33 I heard she was a freshman. Is this girl the same Jordan Allard you are talking about or is this someone else.
Rich_2999
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bcourtbraves » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:31 pm

Allard is Number 13 and if im correct i think 33 is Golus. The Bravettes are very young with 2 seniors that start(Davis and Poitra). Golus(fr.) Allard(sph.) Parisien(Jr.) Larocque(Sph.) and Morin(Jr.) are all contributers.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls