How will Mandan bounce back?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

How will Mandan bounce back?

Postby Dynasty » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:58 am

First off, a little intro..I'm a MHS fan here with a daughter on the freshman team, so of course I'll be biased when posting! :D

Secondly, hats off to JHS for the big win. I didn't attend the game, heard of some questionable calls, but the great teams overcome all the obstacles so I'm not making excuses for them. I do think the outcome will be different next time though :twisted:

Just wondering what y'all think about Mandan's chances of the 6 peat considering they are already one down and will really need to battle to keep the streak. I personally think this season will be a major test for Coach Amundson. No doubt in my mind he is a great coach, but he has had all the weapons in past seasons. Lots of talent this year, but lacking inside dominance (no offense to any of the girls, but replacing the K's and company is no easy task!) Coach A has been overlooked in the coaching awards in past years, if he can get the team to pull it off this season, he may prove himself to be the best coach the state has ever seen.

My prediction....it's gonna be close....if the inside game can hang in there I like their chances of another title. Any opinions?

Good luck to all the girls and teams...play hard and have fun!
Dynasty

Re: How will Mandan bounce back?

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:08 am

Your assuming this is an upset. Jamestown returned 3 starters and took 4th at State. I agree, it will probably be different the next time they meet. The real question is "How will Jamestown or Mandan do against BHS, who has a power house inside?"
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dynasty » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:26 am

Eminence wrote:Your assuming this is an upset.
Yes I am. Are you saying it wasn't an upset?
Eminence wrote:Jamestown returned 3 starters and took 4th at State. I agree, it will probably be different the next time they meet.
Mandan returned a lot of kids too, kids that would have started last year on most teams.
Eminence wrote: The real question is "How will Jamestown or Mandan do against BHS, who has a power house inside?"
I agree...that is the million dollar question. It won't be easy for Mandan, but it has NEVER been easy. They work hard every game, they know how to win and what they need to do to win. No doubt BHS and a few other teams will be real good this year, but I wouldn't count out Mandan just yet!
Dynasty

Postby Eminence » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:04 am

I didn't mean to imply that. I agree Mandan will be tough this year. They have very solid players. I just meant that both were good teams and it's not really considered an upset. When they meet on a neutral floor, I think Mandan will have the upper edge because they will take that game and learn from it. Jamestown will not have the opportunity to do the same. I don't think Jamestown will win again against Mandan.

I think BHS vrs Mandan will be a better game than BHS vrs Jamestown. BHS will match up well against Jamestown. Their posts are better and their guards are better. Mandan will be tougher because of their pressure defense and their guards who can shoot. Mandan's 1, 2, and 3 position scored all of their points. If BHS can get it in the paint, BHS wins.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 am

Eminence wrote:I didn't mean to imply that. I agree Mandan will be tough this year. They have very solid players. I just meant that both were good teams and it's not really considered an upset. When they meet on a neutral floor, I think Mandan will have the upper edge because they will take that game and learn from it. Jamestown will not have the opportunity to do the same. I don't think Jamestown will win again against Mandan.

I think BHS vrs Mandan will be a better game than BHS vrs Jamestown. BHS will match up well against Jamestown. Their posts are better and their guards are better. Mandan will be tougher because of their pressure defense and their guards who can shoot. Mandan's 1, 2, and 3 position scored all of their points. If BHS can get it in the paint, BHS wins.

I agree, At this point in the season, I do not think this is really an upset. Mandan is Mandan and will be a great team come middle/end of the season...they are obviously getting some players more experience that haven't played a lot in the middle, and one of their best players will be back from a knee injury at one point during the season. I am not worried about Mandan. They will be the #2 team in the West and probably in the state.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby trackbbfan » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:39 pm

Mandan will be just fine. Good wake-up call for the coach as well as the players. The Mandan-BHS game might end up being a good match-up. If Mandan can pull it off, it will be because one coach outcoached the other.
I do think it will be tough for any team to go up against the inside game BHS has this year. The Feeney girls are tough.....(Sara plays a guard I believe) along with Gilbertson and Schmidt, they should be fun to watch.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls