Jamestown BlueJays

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Jamestown BlueJays

Postby EDC » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:43 pm

Great win for Jamestown but a long ways to go. I think Jamestown will continue to get better and better. Will somebody list their starters and next few off the bench? Strengths, Weaknesses? I think the town of Jamestown will rally behind this team and it will be a crazy ride! Looks like the Jays have adjusted well to the WDA.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Jamestown BlueJays

Postby nd-ball41 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 am

Starters - Madey Hornung, Beth McMillan, Jenny Schuchard, Morgan Dale, & Amber Ramlo

Key Bench Player - Kara Wahl
nd-ball41

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:17 pm

Just looked at the stats of the Jamestown-Mandan game. Jamestown played 7 players with one more getting 38 seconds. Shanley mainly played seven last year and it sure would have been nice to have at least 8 in the rotation. With only seven there are the foul, sick and injury problems along with fatique. Question is does Jamestown have or will they be at least 8 deep this year? If so who will they be?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:55 am

Jamestown is ranked 2nd in the First Girls Class A Poll this season!!
nd-ball41

Postby EDC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:33 am

South is at Jamestown Friday the 21st. Everybody gets up for the South game and I am sure Jamestown will be rocking. South might have a little revenge in mind after Jamestown beat them in the state tourney last year. Jamestown is very confident and they should be. I say close game with the edge to Jamestown with the home court advantage.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:32 pm

If it is refs are close to fair, I say South by 10. If not, Jamestown by 15. We'll see what their foul count is this time.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:58 pm

I hope South wins by 10. It will be one of the last chances for the East to beat the West. If Jamestown wins, in the eyes of some out west, an East team could win the rest of their games until the state tournament and never crack the top three. Crazy
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:41 pm

It will not help South that they play away at Wahpeton Thursday night than have to travel again Friday. Two back to back away games.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:04 am

Eminence wrote:If it is refs are close to fair, I say South by 10. If not, Jamestown by 15. We'll see what their foul count is this time.

It was not the fouls that were called, it was the ones that were not called.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby bruins44 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:50 am

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
Eminence wrote:If it is refs are close to fair, I say South by 10. If not, Jamestown by 15. We'll see what their foul count is this time.

Now I know why Mandan lost at Jemestown, every call down the stretch vs South went the Jays way. Two of the three refs were Jamestown High grads and the other coaches at the college.
it was a good close game between two good teams, but when something is called on one end of the floor and not on the other it makes you wonder?
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd-ball41 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:33 pm

bruins44 wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:

Now I know why Mandan lost at Jemestown, every call down the stretch vs South went the Jays way. Two of the three refs were Jamestown High grads and the other coaches at the college.
it was a good close game between two good teams, but when something is called on one end of the floor and not on the other it makes you wonder?

You also have to tell more of the story...South missed about 4 or 5 layups in the last couple minutes in the game, and they had so many opportunities to put Jamestown away, but just didn't finish. You can't blame it on the refs. They don't make shots for you.
nd-ball41

Postby bruins44 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:10 pm

your right, the collar got real tight for the bruins, missing easy shots really killed them in the last 5 minutes of the game, I was not blaming the refs for the loss, but it didnt hurt... South girls will learn from this game, they have 2 loses this year to the # 1 and 2 ranked teams in the state both on the road. these type of games will make them tougher as the season goes on. South has to learn to put teams away when they have a chance.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Jamestown is good no doubt. Bismarck will be hard to beat as the number one rated team. I think there could be some good arguments made about how good the next four or five are and which order they should be. Still early. After what South did to Wahpeton I thought South could be number two. I also thought Shanley could be number two but now have had two not very imprressive wins. Who knows how good Mandan is? Red River is good. Congratulations to Jamestown and they very well could be the 2nd best team at this point.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:54 am

nd-ball41 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:

You also have to tell more of the story...South missed about 4 or 5 layups in the last couple minutes in the game, and they had so many opportunities to put Jamestown away, but just didn't finish. You can't blame it on the refs. They don't make shots for you.

Did they miss them or we're they fouled on the shot? There is a lot of cooking going on in Jamestown.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:18 pm

The final 3 minutes of the South-Jamestown game is on You tube at the Jamestown Sun sports page - though the final score says Jamestown beat Shanley:

http://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/

scroll down to the 12/21/07 game
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:05 pm

You would need to see more than just the last 3 minutes. They did put Jamestown on the line a lot. There was a no call at one end and then the next play, Jamestown went over and back before the push and they gave Jamestown the freethrows. FS had it's chances to win but there was some no calls.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:51 pm

Eminence wrote:You would need to see more than just the last 3 minutes. They did put Jamestown on the line a lot. There was a no call at one end and then the next play, Jamestown went over and back before the push and they gave Jamestown the freethrows. FS had it's chances to win but there was some no calls.

The refs at this game could be heard cheering on the Jamestown players. I was at the game sitting behind the scoring tables and heard them giving encouragement to the Jamestown players.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby baller24 » Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:05 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
Eminence wrote:You would need to see more than just the last 3 minutes. They did put Jamestown on the line a lot. There was a no call at one end and then the next play, Jamestown went over and back before the push and they gave Jamestown the freethrows. FS had it's chances to win but there was some no calls.

The refs at this game could be heard cheering on the Jamestown players. I was at the game sitting behind the scoring tables and heard them giving encouragement to the Jamestown players.

You guys have to remember though.. refs talk to players and coaches no matter where you are playing, it just doesnt always happen to jamestown, it will almost always happen
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby nd-ball41 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:22 am

Eminence wrote:
nd-ball41 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:

Did they miss them or we're they fouled on the shot? There is a lot of cooking going on in Jamestown.

Many of them were just simply missed...and as for the refs talking and encouraging the jamestown players...that is all hearsay. Ya you might have heard them say one thing, but you don't have a clue what else goes on during the game that refs say to the kids, and what they are even talking about. You probly just heard one thing...and now you are just jumping to conclusions.
nd-ball41

Postby Eminence » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:24 am

Talking to a player verse Cheering one on is two different things. dgfsuperfan1 was there so it's not hearsay. Refs are suppose to be impartial and fair.

I think it is getting worse in high school sports. Winning at any cost actually hurts a team. This is why the first post in this blog is asking for Strengths and Weaknesses. When you stage a game, YOU DON'T KNOW. Meanwhile, other teams know and are working on their strengths and weaknesses.

As long as schools pick their own refs, i don't think it will change!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:22 am

Eminence wrote:Talking to a player verse Cheering one on is two different things. dgfsuperfan1 was there so it's not hearsay. Refs are suppose to be impartial and fair.

I think it is getting worse in high school sports. Winning at any cost actually hurts a team. This is why the first post in this blog is asking for Strengths and Weaknesses. When you stage a game, YOU DON'T KNOW. Meanwhile, other teams know and are working on their strengths and weaknesses.

As long as schools pick their own refs, i don't think it will change!

In Fargo, schools dont pick their own refs...they are scheduled by the officials association. Pretty sure it is the same in most larger towns that have more than one school. But I know what you mean. When a school goes to Wahpeton and has Sannes as a ref, you know you are in trouble. People that are that close to the school and players should not be able to ref that school
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:45 pm

I refereed for 10 years, worked district and regional games as well. And to avoid ever being in the middle of the kind of discussion that is going on here, I NEVER worked a game that my home town was playing in. It is humanly impossible to remain completely objective when reffing your home town. If anything, I would have called more on my home town just to ensure that I was not favoring them.

Thus, a policy of not reffing your home town should be standard. That being said, in larger towns, that is almost impossible because your pool of officials is the largest in the larger towns, so you hire the referees that are in town.

I will say this: referees DO NOT WIN OR LOSE GAMES. Players do. Players make and miss shots, players turn the ball over, players make good/bad decisions, players decide the game. They need to play well enough to overcome anything that happens on the floor, including mistakes by officials and the officiating style.

Now, back to discussion on the Blue Jays.....
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Hinsa wrote:I refereed for 10 years, worked district and regional games as well. And to avoid ever being in the middle of the kind of discussion that is going on here, I NEVER worked a game that my home town was playing in. It is humanly impossible to remain completely objective when reffing your home town. If anything, I would have called more on my home town just to ensure that I was not favoring them.

Thus, a policy of not reffing your home town should be standard. That being said, in larger towns, that is almost impossible because your pool of officials is the largest in the larger towns, so you hire the referees that are in town.

I will say this: referees DO NOT WIN OR LOSE GAMES. Players do. Players make and miss shots, players turn the ball over, players make good/bad decisions, players decide the game. They need to play well enough to overcome anything that happens on the floor, including mistakes by officials and the officiating style.

Now, back to discussion on the Blue Jays.....

In most cases, it is true that a ref does not win or lose games. However, there are games where refs have called so many fouls that it has changed the game. Several years ago, a ref called literally 5 calls against a team, the last 10 seconds of the game so the opposing team shot 10 freethrows until they finally made enough freethrows to win the game. The foul count that half was 22 to 1.

I've seen in other sports where the calls are so lopsided that it definetly influence the game. Remember Minot against BHS in soccer. 13 yellow/red cards to 1 and the ref was a parent!! There should be rules against impartial referees but there is not.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:19 pm

Congratulations to Jenny Schuchard on signing to play basketball with the Jamestown Jimmies!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:45 am

EDC wrote:Great win for Jamestown but a long ways to go. I think Jamestown will continue to get better and better. Will somebody list their starters and next few off the bench? Strengths, Weaknesses? I think the town of Jamestown will rally behind this team and it will be a crazy ride! Looks like the Jays have adjusted well to the WDA.

I wonder why Dale gets so much publicity when it appears that Ramlo is the key player. Ramlo had 20 points, Dale ??? What happened last night? Strenghts? Weaknesses?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls