Jamestown BlueJays

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Jamestown BlueJays

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:59 am

Eminence wrote:
EDC wrote:Great win for Jamestown but a long ways to go. I think Jamestown will continue to get better and better. Will somebody list their starters and next few off the bench? Strengths, Weaknesses? I think the town of Jamestown will rally behind this team and it will be a crazy ride! Looks like the Jays have adjusted well to the WDA.

I wonder why Dale gets so much publicity when it appears that Ramlo is the key player. Ramlo had 20 points, Dale ??? What happened last night? Strenghts? Weaknesses?

Dale gets the pub because she is a big girl who can play both inside and out. the coaches from Mary were at the game last night to see her. the century game was the first game ive seen of hers and she didnt get many open looks which was the main result she didnt score alot
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:10 am

baseball wrote:
Eminence wrote:
EDC wrote:Great win for Jamestown but a long ways to go. I think Jamestown will continue to get better and better. Will somebody list their starters and next few off the bench? Strengths, Weaknesses? I think the town of Jamestown will rally behind this team and it will be a crazy ride! Looks like the Jays have adjusted well to the WDA.

I wonder why Dale gets so much publicity when it appears that Ramlo is the key player. Ramlo had 20 points, Dale ??? What happened last night? Strenghts? Weaknesses?

Dale gets the pub because she is a big girl who can play both inside and out. the coaches from Mary were at the game last night to see her. the century game was the first game ive seen of hers and she didnt get many open looks which was the main result she didnt score alot

I just read the tribune and she was 4 for 17. 17 shots is a lot of looks.
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:27 pm

Jamestown is fortunate to have many good players. No need to put somebody down to build somebody else up. Players have good games and not so good games. When one has a bad game hopefully somebody else has a good game to make up for it. Remember these are high school kids. Jamestown players and fans are proud of the season they are having and they should be.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:39 pm

EDC wrote:Jamestown is fortunate to have many good players. No need to put somebody down to build somebody else up. Players have good games and not so good games. When one has a bad game hopefully somebody else has a good game to make up for it. Remember these are high school kids. Jamestown players and fans are proud of the season they are having and they should be.

Sorry, wasn't putting Dale down. It's just that you only hear her name and I've noticed that Ramlo has had some really good games. Just wondering why Ramlo was not getting any recognition. She looks like she is a big post with good shooting percentages and can rebound.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:44 pm

Eminence wrote:
EDC wrote:Jamestown is fortunate to have many good players. No need to put somebody down to build somebody else up. Players have good games and not so good games. When one has a bad game hopefully somebody else has a good game to make up for it. Remember these are high school kids. Jamestown players and fans are proud of the season they are having and they should be.

Sorry, wasn't putting Dale down. It's just that you only hear her name and I've noticed that Ramlo has had some really good games. Just wondering why Ramlo was not getting any recognition. She looks like she is a big post with good shooting percentages and can rebound.

Ramlo and Shuchard are both good players but just came on at the end of last season and it has carried over to this season. The reason that Dale gets the recognition is because the has been Jamestown's "player" since she was a Freshman. She will be a good candidate for Miss Basketball next year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Sarah Feeney and Ali Collins will probably be miss basketball candidates also. I'm not saying that Dale is a bad player but just that we don't hear about the other players on the Jamestown team. The fact is they lost last night and so "What happened?" Is it because it all hinges around Dale and if she has a bad game they will lose?? How then will Dale match up against Alex Feeney, who should also be a good candidate for Miss Basketball???
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:25 pm

I completely agree that Feeney and Collins will be candidates also and I was not saying the Dale will get miss basketball, just that she will probably be a candidate. I just think Dale had an off night and that is going to happen to players. I was not at the game so I am just going off the box score, but I think that Jamestown maybe overlooked a Century team that had just lost to Turtle Mountain? Looks like Jamestown had a lot of turnovers and Hornung was held scoreless. I think that they look to her as a spark from the perimeter. Sounds like Century played their best game of the year so far and Jamestown just couldn't get things going. Its a long season and that might happen to teams. I saw it happen to BHS vs. WF, BHS was just WAY better than WF. Hopefully Jamestown can learn from this loss and be a better team because of it.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:37 pm

I agree, it is still early in the season and Jamestown will make adjustments. Century is an inexperienced team and could be in the running for a place at state. That is if they get some consistency. I agree that Hornung held to zero points hurt them but the bright spot for Jamestown would be the consistent play of Ramlo. I'm just curious but against Minot, Century and Dickinson they only scored around 50 points. ???
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller24 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:43 pm

Eminence wrote:I agree, it is still early in the season and Jamestown will make adjustments. Century is an inexperienced team and could be in the running for a place at state. That is if they get some consistency. I agree that Hornung held to zero points hurt them but the bright spot for Jamestown would be the consistent play of Ramlo. I'm just curious but against Minot, Century and Dickinson they only scored around 50 points. ???

This team needs about 60 a night to win games, they have a fairly solid defense but give up easy shots that hurts them.. The girls i think needed a loss to build off of to let them know that in the west anything can happen like in the centrury v. belcourt game.. props to century and good loss for jamestown, now they have to work that much harder to make sure the ywin whe ncentruy goes to jamestown.
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:48 pm

baller24 wrote:
Eminence wrote:I agree, it is still early in the season and Jamestown will make adjustments. Century is an inexperienced team and could be in the running for a place at state. That is if they get some consistency. I agree that Hornung held to zero points hurt them but the bright spot for Jamestown would be the consistent play of Ramlo. I'm just curious but against Minot, Century and Dickinson they only scored around 50 points. ???

This team needs about 60 a night to win games, they have a fairly solid defense but give up easy shots that hurts them.. The girls i think needed a loss to build off of to let them know that in the west anything can happen like in the centrury v. belcourt game.. props to century and good loss for jamestown, now they have to work that much harder to make sure the ywin whe ncentruy goes to jamestown.

It will be difficult for anyone to beat Jamestown "in their house". Definite homecourt advantage with the crowds they are getting at home games!!!
dgfsuperfan1

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:05 pm

Eminence wrote:

Morgan Dale has been hailed as the second coming since 4th grade. A great deal of jamestown's pr on her is due to who her parent is, not just her basketball skills. There is no doubt that she is good basketball player, but players like Ramlo and Schuchard with Hornung passing have made her life very easy.

I'm not all that surprised Jamestown lost...they are a good team....but they've been living on the edge for several games......south and dickinson choked and williston was ahead.....question is can they rebound with the meat of the WDA facing them?
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:52 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
Eminence wrote:

Morgan Dale has been hailed as the second coming since 4th grade. A great deal of jamestown's pr on her is due to who her parent is, not just her basketball skills. There is no doubt that she is good basketball player, but players like Ramlo and Schuchard with Hornung passing have made her life very easy.

I'm not all that surprised Jamestown lost...they are a good team....but they've been living on the edge for several games......south and dickinson choked and williston was ahead.....question is can they rebound with the meat of the WDA facing them?

As someone who coached against Morgan Dale for about 4 years I can tell you she is a very good player. I do know that when she left the game things went much better for our team. I have nothing but praise for how she plays the game. I know both her and Ramlo and I think both players are foremost concerned with their team winning. I see them as having an outside chance this year to win the State and would make them an early favorite to win next year. I consider Morgan's Dad, Steve, a friend of mine. I do know he reads this site so you might want to keep that in mind when you make your comments.
pbhoopsters

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:28 am

pbhoopsters wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
Eminence wrote:

As someone who coached against Morgan Dale for about 4 years I can tell you she is a very good player. I do know that when she left the game things went much better for our team. I have nothing but praise for how she plays the game. I know both her and Ramlo and I think both players are foremost concerned with their team winning. I see them as having an outside chance this year to win the State and would make them an early favorite to win next year. I consider Morgan's Dad, Steve, a friend of mine. I do know he reads this site so you might want to keep that in mind when you make your comments.

i have said nothing to be ashamed of nor did i attack her or insult her......she is a good player, but she is not the be all, end all of the Blue Jays...all too often that is forgotten......i've coached against her as well and coached in the jamestown school district so i am very much aware of the politics in that school district. I did not attack their concern about winning nor accuse them of only being about stats. It is only as the other girls have matured and grown in their basketball abilities, has the team really prospered.......remember, the last few years the gbb team did not have a winning record even with Morgan. I acknowledge that she is a excellent basketball player, but I do not have to have the opinion that she is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I believe that Schuchard, Ramlo, and Hornung deserve far more credit than they get for the team's record.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 am

Eminence wrote:
baseball wrote:
Eminence wrote:

I just read the tribune and she was 4 for 17. 17 shots is a lot of looks.

i never said she didnt get shots, i said she didnt get open looks. 4-17 is caused by not taking open shots
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:36 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
pbhoopsters wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
Eminence wrote:

i have said nothing to be ashamed of nor did i attack her or insult her......she is a good player, but she is not the be all, end all of the Blue Jays...all too often that is forgotten......i've coached against her as well and coached in the jamestown school district so i am very much aware of the politics in that school district. I did not attack their concern about winning nor accuse them of only being about stats. It is only as the other girls have matured and grown in their basketball abilities, has the team really prospered.......remember, the last few years the gbb team did not have a winning record even with Morgan. I acknowledge that she is a excellent basketball player, but I do not have to have the opinion that she is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I believe that Schuchard, Ramlo, and Hornung deserve far more credit than they get for the team's record.

I don't know anything about the team or the town's politics. My original discussion was about Ramlo. I saw her play last year at WDA and thought she was just as good as Dale if not better. You never hear about her from Jamestown, only about Dale. I wasn't trying to put Dale down and I don't think we should bash her! Dale is a good player but it also doesn't mean that we cannot give another player on the Jamestown team some credit. Ramlo had 20 points against Century and has the best shooting percentage for the year. If were on the site discussing Jamestown, lets give some credit to Ramlo who was the bright spot of the Century game.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 am

Eminence wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
pbhoopsters wrote:
luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
Eminence wrote:

I don't know anything about the team or the town's politics. My original discussion was about Ramlo. I saw her play last year at WDA and thought she was just as good as Dale if not better. You never hear about her from Jamestown, only about Dale. I wasn't trying to put Dale down and I don't think we should bash her! Dale is a good player but it also doesn't mean that we cannot give another player on the Jamestown team some credit. Ramlo had 20 points against Century and has the best shooting percentage for the year. If were on the site discussing Jamestown, lets give some credit to Ramlo who was the bright spot of the Century game.

Other than your "second coming" comment and your suggestion that Morgan does not earn her pr but rather gets it because of who her parent is I have no problems with your comments.
pbhoopsters

Postby Eminence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:14 am

I didn't say anything about her parents or negative about Dale. You have your people mixed up. That was luvmy3gbb1wr. I saw Ramlo play last year and this year and granted it could be that she had a good game and Dale did not. My opinion is that Ramlo is a better player and should get some credit.

I also think that Alex Feeney is way better than both of them. :lol:
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pbhoopsters » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:03 am

Eminence wrote:I didn't say anything about her parents or negative about Dale. You have your people mixed up. That was luvmy3gbb1wr. I saw Ramlo play last year and this year and granted it could be that she had a good game and Dale did not. My opinion is that Ramlo is a better player and should get some credit.

I apologize for getting you mixed up. Those comments by luvmy3gbb1wr were the only comments that I had problems with.
pbhoopsters

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:14 pm

pbhoopsters wrote:
Eminence wrote:I didn't say anything about her parents or negative about Dale. You have your people mixed up. That was luvmy3gbb1wr. I saw Ramlo play last year and this year and granted it could be that she had a good game and Dale did not. My opinion is that Ramlo is a better player and should get some credit.

I apologize for getting you mixed up. Those comments by luvmy3gbb1wr were the only comments that I had problems with.

Ramlo is the better player; Feeney is better than them both, but you will not see Amber getting the credit she deserves nor will Jenny Schuchard.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:34 pm

You "luvmy3gbb1wr" are crossing the line and it is time for you to lay off Dale. She is a good kid, good player and hard worker. I think most people realize that Jamestown has other good players as well.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:47 pm

From the moderator: Everyone step back and take a deep breath. I've read this string of posts and no one is being nasty and no one is crossing a line. Luv is stating an opinion, perhaps in a strong fashion, but I don't see the posts as attacking. Luv, perhaps you could use more tact in your choice of words.

Some people here are loyal to Dale, Luv is choosing to praise others on the team. So be it.

Breathe, people, breathe.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndbb » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:07 am

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:
Eminence wrote:

luvmy3gbb1wr has no right to call out Morgan Dale, her parents or any other players on the team for that matter. There is more to life than ndpreps. To receive any form of creditability, he/she should reveil their identity to the public and stop being a coward. And for all I know.. you may be some middle-aged follower of Jamestown High School Girls Athletics with long curly hair and a passion for wearing sweats.. Anyways please be positive in these ridiculous boards to avoid these back and forth nice guy sessions.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:17 am

Topic Locked.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls