Game of the Week

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Game of the Week

Postby roughriderfan » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:24 pm

Hi i just signed up for this board and am a big Red River fan, got a daughter on the 9th grade team. Just got back from the Red River at Crookston game tonight. Crookston totally dominated after the first few minutes and Crookston won 85-57. They jumped out to a big lead about 5 minutes into the game and took control of the game and cruised from there. I thought Red River actually played ok but Crookston was too talented for them and lead by about 35 or so at one point in the 2nd half. That guard from Crookston, Wahlen, just took the game over in the first half, scored 23 points in the first half and ended the game with probaly about 30 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists, she couldn't miss in the game. RR will be ok they have been playing good and just ran into a good, hot shooting team tonight, Smith played a pretty good game for RR tonite. I think we will rebound and be alright, we have a tough schedule ahead. I look forward to joining this board and talking hoops.
roughriderfan

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:39 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
Ol_Husky wrote:The top four in the West are matched up this week:

- Mandan @ Bismarck, Jan 3
- Jamestown @ Dickinson, Jan 5

Predictions:
Bismarck 61 - Mandan 52
Jamestown 55 - Dickinson 42

check back in a week, i'm sure these will be spot on :roll:

Actual: :D
Bismarck 74 - Mandan 64
Jamestown 54 - Dickinson 40

Now for my next trick: Fargo South 58 - Shanley 53, again, check back in a week :wink:

Not bad you are very close! Final South 63 Shanley 52

OK, lets see if i can keep it going. The game of the week is obviously shanley at red river. shanley squeeks by wahpeton and red river gets blown out at crookston. this is a tough one to predict, but i'm going to say the riders win at home 60-56. check back late friday night! also, welcome riderfan to the forum
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:58 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:

Predictions:
Bismarck 61 - Mandan 52

Bismarck 74 - Mandan 64

Now for my next trick: Fargo South 58 - Shanley 53, again, check back in a week :wink:

OK, lets see if i can keep it going. The game of the week is obviously shanley at red river. shanley squeeks by wahpeton and red river gets blown out at crookston. this is a tough one to predict, but i'm going to say the riders win at home 60-56. check back late friday night! also, welcome riderfan to the forum

The Red River - Shanley game is at Shanley, does that change your prediction?? I say Shanley by 10
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:10 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:

Predictions:
Bismarck 61 - Mandan 52

Bismarck 74 - Mandan 64

I think your wrong. The hometown refs can influence a game and I think it would have been a blowout so wahpeton doesn't count. I think Shanley is a better team. I predict 68 - 56. :lol:
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:10 pm

bruins44 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:

Predictions:
Bismarck 61 - Mandan 52

Bismarck 74 - Mandan 64

The Red River - Shanley game is at Shanley, does that change your prediction?? I say Shanley by 10

ugh, for some reason i thought the game was in grand forks. so after consulting with my lucky penny, i now predict shanley to win by the same score: 60-56 :)
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:35 pm

This weeks match ups;
EDC
Tuesday, Jan 22
Devils Lake @ Minot
Valley City @ North
Shanley @ Central
South @ Red River
West Fargo @ Wahpeton
Thursday, Jan 24
Valley City @ South
Friday, Jan 25
Devils Lake @ Shanley
Wahpeton @ Central
West Fargo @ Red River
Saturday, Jan 26
Valley City @ Red River

WDA
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Williston @ Sidney
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Dickinson @ Century
Jamestown @ Mandan
Friday, January 25, 2008
Williston @ Mandan
Turtle Mountain @ Minot
St. Mary’s @ Dickinson
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Williston @ Century
Jamestown @ Bismarck

WHAT ARE THE BEST GAMES TO BE WATCHING? LOOKS LIKE JAMESTOWN WILL HAVE A CHALLENGING WEEK. RED RIVER HAS A TOUGH OPPONENT AGAIN FOR THE THIRD GAME IN A ROW. ANY PREDICTIONS?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:58 am

2 big games coming, one tonight Jamestown at Bismarck, at least for now, the #2 vs #1 teams and on Tuesday, South at Shanley, the #3 vs #4 teams. I predict Bismarck to roll over Jamestown 68-45 and South to do the same to Shanley 70-56. Anyone else?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller24 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:09 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:2 big games coming, one tonight Jamestown at Bismarck, at least for now, the #2 vs #1 teams and on Tuesday, South at Shanley, the #3 vs #4 teams. I predict Bismarck to roll over Jamestown 68-45 and South to do the same to Shanley 70-56. Anyone else?

Saturday, January 26, 2008
Bismarck 65, Jamestown 53

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Girls/index.html
baller24
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:51 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:2 big games coming, one tonight Jamestown at Bismarck, at least for now, the #2 vs #1 teams and on Tuesday, South at Shanley, the #3 vs #4 teams. I predict Bismarck to roll over Jamestown 68-45 and South to do the same to Shanley 70-56. Anyone else?

South won but not by your margin. Good prediction.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:00 pm

What are the big games east and west the rest of this week? Any interesting matchups?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 am

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:

South won but not by your margin. Good prediction.

well, i'll take the teams, guess if i go to vegas i'll have to pick winners, not point spreads. i think i have every winner right so far, but i've been off lately on the scores. i'll have to consult the old magic 8 ball for this weeks predictions! :wink:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccer09 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:58 pm

haha..... while technically correct i woldnt actually say that was a correct prediction......you predicted a large south win when in actuality they were one missed 2 foot shot away from a tie, and 2 missed 2 foot shots for the win......i'm excited to see the EDC showdown... perhaps a reversal of last year, where south improved more during the season? comfortable south win, nailbiter lucky south win, and then losing in the EDC? looking forward to it.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:39 pm

soccer09 wrote:haha..... while technically correct i woldnt actually say that was a correct prediction......you predicted a large south win when in actuality they were one missed 2 foot shot away from a tie, and 2 missed 2 foot shots for the win......i'm excited to see the EDC showdown... perhaps a reversal of last year, where south improved more during the season? comfortable south win, nailbiter lucky south win, and then losing in the EDC? looking forward to it.

Lucky win??? South was ahead most if not all game, and had a 10 point lead with 3:30 to go, yes Paulson missed a short shot with someone in her face, and she usually makes those, but to call it a LUCKY WIN is off base. If South and Shanley do meet in the EDC tournament Championship that will be great because the best two teams will represent the EDC at State!! You Shanley fans are something else.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:11 pm

I have to give South credit. South is very quick and have smart, talented, and well coached players. South has a total bb program that is a basketball producing machine. I thought the 1st Shanley/South game was kinda a fluke but I was proved wrong at the 2nd. There is a reason why the quality of Shanley's play seems to slide when playing South. The reason is South. This isn't a surrender post. I am giving South the respect they deserve.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:38 pm

OK, time for my lock of the week :roll:
in an upset, Red River knocks off Shanley at home 58-55. yeah, you heard me.
no good games out west to pick - next week though, couple of battles out west, see ya then!
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:52 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:OK, time for my lock of the week :roll:
no good games out west to pick - next week though, couple of battles out west, see ya then!

Your crystal ball must have new batteries! Here are a few more EDC matchups this week. Any other picks?

Tuesday, Feb 5
Devils Lake @ South
West Fargo @ Central
Shanley @ Red River

Thursday, Feb 7
Shanley @ North
Central @ Valley City
Wahpeton @ Sisseton

Friday, Feb 8
West Fargo @ Devils Lake

Saturday, Feb 9
South @ Devils Lake ; make up game.
Central @ North
Valley City @ Shanley
Red River @ Wahpeton
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:29 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:

Your crystal ball must have new batteries! Here are a few more EDC matchups this week. Any other picks?

Tuesday, Feb 5
Devils Lake @ South
West Fargo @ Central
Shanley @ Red River

Thursday, Feb 7
Shanley @ North
Central @ Valley City
Wahpeton @ Sisseton

Friday, Feb 8
West Fargo @ Devils Lake

Saturday, Feb 9
South @ Devils Lake ; make up game.
Central @ North
Valley City @ Shanley
Red River @ Wahpeton

Most of those seem like obvious picks...I guess the tough one is West Fargo at Central as those two teams are battling along with Devils Lake for 4th, 5th, and 6th. My magic 8 ball is telling me that Central will win, but neither team will score nearly what they did earlier. GFC 52 - WF 47
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:20 am

ahem, ahem...cough cough :wink: the magic 8 ball never lies!!!
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby whocares? » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:11 am

chs beat turtle mountain on a last second 3 pointer. qualifies for game of the week
whocares?

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:07 am

EDC games this week.
Monday, Feb 11
Valley City @ Devils Lake

Tuesday, Feb 12
South @ Devils Lake, make up game?
Wahpeton @ Shanley
Red River @ Central
West Fargo @ North

Thursday, Feb 14
Shanley @ Moorhead
Wahpeton @ Valley City, make up game?

Friday, Feb 15
Devils Lake @ Wahpeton
North @ South
EGF @ Red River

ANYONE HAVE THOUGHTS ON WHAt THE BEST GAMES WILL BE THIS WEEK? ANY PREDICTIONS?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:29 am

Mandan beat BHS last night....What does this mean come tournament time?? Any thoughts??
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:03 am

Mandan was tough last night. They reminded me of the past teams with the aggressive defense and a quick transition game. Mandan drove to the basket often and BHS was out of position which caused them to pick up fouls. Collins was tough to hold (transition and driving to the basket) but it was the supporting cast that made the difference. Mandan had 3 in double figures and so did BHS but the difference goes on from there. Mandan had 3 more players with 7 to 9 points where BHS had none.

Feeneys played well for BHS. They broke the press, hit the boards, and made their shots. They will need more than the two of them when they play Mandan again. Great teams have 7 or 8 players contributing where last night it was only the Feeneys. BHS will have to pick up the pace to beat JHS at home.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 am

BHS plays well when they have Sigl or Assel step up to help the Feeney's and Gilbertson. I noticed that Schmidt is still out. Anyone know when she gets to start playing again? I think she could make a difference.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:25 am

I don't know how long she's out but she played in the Jan 11th game against Mandan so 6 weeks from there would be toward the end of Feb. She would have helped defensively as Sigl and Gilbertson got eaten up in the post which is why they fouled out.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:56 am

Baller wrote:BHS plays well when they have Sigl or Assel step up to help the Feeney's and Gilbertson. I noticed that Schmidt is still out. Anyone know when she gets to start playing again? I think she could make a difference.

Shannon is back now. I don't know how much of a difference she will make. I thought it would have impacted BHS's game earlier but Sigl has really stepped up offensively and defensively. I think Sigl is better Offensively than Shannon and not playing games for 6 weeks does hurt. We'll have to wait and see who starts this weekend.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls