Game of the Week

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Game of the Week

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:53 pm

In your opinion what is the game of the week in WDA or EDC. What players or matchups should we be watching.
dgfsuperfan1

Re: Game of the Week

Postby bruins44 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:06 pm

I think an interesting game will be South at Bismarck High next Saturday in Bismarck, it will be #2 vs #3 in the hoopster preseason poll.... Both teams have good quality back from a year ago, BHS beat South in the loser out game of state last year.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:52 pm

Bismarck will be really tough. This game will go a long ways for bragging rights between the East and West. Hopefully South can come away with a win. I don't say it too often but "Go Bruins"
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:29 pm

EDC wrote:Bismarck will be really tough. This game will go a long ways for bragging rights between the East and West. Hopefully South can come away with a win. I don't say it too often but "Go Bruins"

I went to the EDC website to checkout schedules, FHS first three games are Century on the 7th, Bismarck on the 8th and Red River on the 11th. A tuff way to start a season but all three could be good games according to what I have read on the site.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby sportsmart » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Is there a east/west classic anymore?
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:23 pm

sportsmart wrote:Is there a east/west classic anymore?

no...but north and south play BHS and CHS

RR plays Minot and Turtle Mountain

DL and WF play SM

VC plays Jamestown

Its all up to the coaches who they want to schedule that first weekend...some teams go out of state.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:26 pm

Now that Jamestown beat Mandan, will the winner of FHS and BHS this Saturdy get the number one ranking? I guess this assumes BHS beats FNH and FSH beats Century on Friday night.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EDC » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:24 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:Now that Jamestown beat Mandan, will the winner of FHS and BHS this Saturdy get the number one ranking? I guess this assumes BHS beats FNH and FSH beats Century on Friday night.

I would think so. Nothing against South but I think Bismarck is the best team in the state by more than a little. BHS is just loaded and, in my opinion, the only way BHS lose is if they implode.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:58 pm

EDC wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:Now that Jamestown beat Mandan, will the winner of FHS and BHS this Saturdy get the number one ranking? I guess this assumes BHS beats FNH and FSH beats Century on Friday night.

I would think so. Nothing against South but I think Bismarck is the best team in the state by more than a little. BHS is just loaded and, in my opinion, the only way BHS lose is if they implode.

Yes it is up to the rest of the teams to proof themselves. I went to FHS website check their schedule. They have a chance to show what they have before January. They have a tough December; see below.

Saturday Dec 1 - Scrimmage vs Mandan High

Friday Dec 7 @ Bismarck Century 4:15/6:00

Saturday Dec 8 @ Bismarck 12:00/2:00

Tuesday Dec 11 vs GF Red River 4:30/6:00/7:45

Friday Dec 14 vs West Fargo 4:30/6:00/7:45

Thursday Dec 20 @ Wahpeton 4:30/6:00/7:45

Friday Dec 21 @ Jamestown 4:30/6:00/7:45
dgfsuperfan1

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:55 pm

What are the good matchups in the EDC this week? Any opinions or predictions?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Baller » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:56 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:What are the good matchups in the EDC this week? Any opinions or predictions?

South vs. RR and WF should be fun to watch.

Shanley Crookston on Tuesday

ValleyCity might be able to hang with Central Cass
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Baller wrote:
dgfsuperfan1 wrote:What are the good matchups in the EDC this week? Any opinions or predictions?

West Fargo moved into number 5 position, so Friday at FSH should be another good game. By New Years FHS will have played or scrimmaged all these teams.

2007-08 Class A Poll
as of December 13

1. Bismarck 2-0
2. Jamestown 2-0
3. Mandan 0-1
4. Fargo South 2-1
5. West Fargo 2-0
dgfsuperfan1

Postby Carl08 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:36 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
Baller wrote:

West Fargo moved into number 5 position, so Friday at FSH should be another good game. By New Years FHS will have played or scrimmaged all these teams.

2007-08 Class A Poll
as of December 13

1. Bismarck 2-0
2. Jamestown 2-0
3. Mandan 0-1
4. Fargo South 2-1
5. West Fargo 2-0

Where is Shanley in that bunch?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:24 am

I don't know but after the wallopping that South gave West Fargo I would have to believe that they will be there next week.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:38 am

Baller wrote:

Okay..This was a bad prediction by me...South and RR was close, but boring to watch. South vs. West Fargo was a South blowout. Shanley-Crookston was a good game, but did not live up to the hype because there was no Wahlin so Crookston will always have an excuse.

Valley City gets thumped 66-33 by Central Cass...I think we should go to a 3 class system, but VC will still not be competitive in the middle class, they would have to be the bottom class and they would still struggle. Come on coach Dockter...at least compete and not get embarassed.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:23 am

Baller wrote:I don't know but after the wallopping that South gave West Fargo I would have to believe that they will be there next week.

Lets wait and see how the Central - Shanley game turns out on Saturday night. Central has some good younger kids moved up and with the addition of Riske, the Knights will be a lot better than people think they will be. The next ranked team will be the winner of this game (or Dickinson) ...going out on a limb and say GFC pulls the upset.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:17 am

It's encouraging that you would call a Central win over Shanley an upset. How does Central score? Inside/Outside fastbreak. Do you think their posts can score on Shanley? Shanley defense shouldn't have to double down on defense which means the perimeter should be covered. Does Central press? Do you expect Central to score off the press? Shanley had no trouble against the quickest bunch of players you ever would want to see at Crookston. I wonder what Central's game plan is?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:34 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
Baller wrote:I don't know but after the wallopping that South gave West Fargo I would have to believe that they will be there next week.

Lets wait and see how the Central - Shanley game turns out on Saturday night. Central has some good younger kids moved up and with the addition of Riske, the Knights will be a lot better than people think they will be. The next ranked team will be the winner of this game (or Dickinson) ...going out on a limb and say GFC pulls the upset.

Oops. Who's the idiot who predicted a Central win? :oops:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:22 am

The four seniors (Jackson, Pollard, Carew, and Paulson) are looking tough, I haven't been to any games however from what i saw in the box scores, they have combined for 132 points in the last two games, that is impressive for girls basketball.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Gotta give Central credit. Central's pressure defense gave Shanley some problems and Central was very physical. Good luck to Central the rest of the year.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Will FSH vs Moorhead Thursday be any good? I wonder how the rule changes in Minnesota will affect how Moorhead will play at FSH?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:40 pm

[[color=#FF0000]quote="dgfsuperfan1"]Will FSH vs Moorhead Thursday be any good? I wonder how the rule changes in Minnesota will affect how Moorhead will play at FSH?[/quote][/color]

The home team when MN plays ND will have an advantage. Not only the tighter rules on contact in MN but also the shot clock. It might take Moorhead a little time to get used to being bounced around and touched some on drives with fouls not being called. I don't know how Moorhead plays but I don't think the shot clock will effect them much but it is one more thing that players need to be aware of. Should be a fun game to watch. Go Bruins!
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ol_Husky » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:57 pm

The top four in the West are matched up this week:

- Mandan @ Bismarck, Jan 3
- Jamestown @ Dickinson, Jan 5
Ol_Husky

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:35 pm

Ol_Husky wrote:The top four in the West are matched up this week:

- Mandan @ Bismarck, Jan 3
- Jamestown @ Dickinson, Jan 5

Predictions:
Bismarck 61 - Mandan 52
Jamestown 55 - Dickinson 42

check back in a week, i'm sure these will be spot on :roll:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:49 pm

EDC wrote:[[color=#FF0000]quote="dgfsuperfan1"]Will FSH vs Moorhead Thursday be any good? I wonder how the rule changes in Minnesota will affect how Moorhead will play at FSH?
[/color]

The home team when MN plays ND will have an advantage. Not only the tighter rules on contact in MN but also the shot clock. It might take Moorhead a little time to get used to being bounced around and touched some on drives with fouls not being called. I don't know how Moorhead plays but I don't think the shot clock will effect them much but it is one more thing that players need to be aware of. Should be a fun game to watch. Go Bruins!

I have seen Jacobson play DGF both when she has been in Moorhead and Barnesville. She does not take long to set up her shot. I think FSH will have to use a press to get her off and or have Burck keep those long arms of hers in Jacobsons face. if it comes donw to three point shooting Jacobson wil win it for Moorhead. FSH does not have any consitency from the three point line.
dgfsuperfan1

Next

Return to Girls