Underclassmen

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Underclassmen

Postby EDC » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 pm

Baller wrote:
grlballer wrote:Is North going to be as bad as everyone thinks? They will be young but they got talent- what are your thoughts?

They need a coach that has higher expectations....he doesn't think they will win so they won't. But you are right. With Larson and the three sophs that saw time as freshman last year, they should at least be better.

I don't know about the coach thing but North should be competitive. Larson is a heck of an athlete.
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:52 pm

North is going to be awful. They will have a tough time beating Valley...and that is saying a lot. They were bad last year and that was with Archego and Hanson. Wixo will be there one bright spot and maybe Larson will step up in the post but she does not have much height. I've heard that they lost a few girls that would have started because they knew how bad the team would be and just quit...that says a lot about their program.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby oneNdone » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Baller wrote:
grlballer wrote:Is North going to be as bad as everyone thinks? They will be young but they got talent- what are your thoughts?

They need a coach that has higher expectations....he doesn't think they will win so they won't. But you are right. With Larson and the three sophs that saw time as freshman last year, they should at least be better.

Very good athlete. But too little control on the court. You can make or break her game by frustrating her easily.
oneNdone

Re:

Postby soccer09 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:34 pm

bballfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
Carl08 wrote:Someone said Sophie Kenney already but how about the entire Freshman class at Shanley.  They won the freshman tournament last year as eight graders and there are a few of them that may see the varsity floor this year.

I'm not trying to dis any of the other players from that grade, but their point guard made that team.  Nearly every positive thing that happened over the course of the games were set up by her.  If you have one really good guard, the rest of the players tend to look a little better than maybe they really are.  They are good though, don't get me wrong, but I don't know about moving up and getting varsity minutes.  Winning the freshman tournament is always a little misleading anyway - South always splits into 2 teams, and the rest of the EDC teams all have their good ninth graders moved up to soph/jv/varsity teams

I don't know how much you have watched that team play but Sophie Kenney is probabley not even the best player on the team.  Nicole Carew, Sadie Rivard, and Sarah Storant are all excellent players...and yes they will be the first ones off the bench other than maybe one or two juniors.

Haha.......bballfan1 is compleeetely wrong. It's quite true, the point guard made the team..... not saying the others are bad, but the point guard is by far and away the best player on that team. Expect her to get into varsity, especially since shanley lost a bunch of guards..... she'll log the most varsity minutes of the bunch, and it wouldn't surprise if she was fighting for starting by year's end.

Also, to all the people complaining about how shanley moved their 8th graders into freshmen after they were done with their season.... wouldn't they have just gone and played travel ball if they hadn't moved up? there's not an unfair competitive advantage, shanley just needed to plug them in. noones complaining about the freshmen all moving to sophomore cause the sophomore team got beat, so their just jealous that their freshmen teams got owned by 8th graders.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Re: Re:

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:35 pm

soccer09 wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
Carl08 wrote:Someone said Sophie Kenney already but how about the entire Freshman class at Shanley.  They won the freshman tournament last year as eight graders and there are a few of them that may see the varsity floor this year.

I'm not trying to dis any of the other players from that grade, but their point guard made that team.  Nearly every positive thing that happened over the course of the games were set up by her.  If you have one really good guard, the rest of the players tend to look a little better than maybe they really are.  They are good though, don't get me wrong, but I don't know about moving up and getting varsity minutes.  Winning the freshman tournament is always a little misleading anyway - South always splits into 2 teams, and the rest of the EDC teams all have their good ninth graders moved up to soph/jv/varsity teams

I don't know how much you have watched that team play but Sophie Kenney is probabley not even the best player on the team.  Nicole Carew, Sadie Rivard, and Sarah Storant are all excellent players...and yes they will be the first ones off the bench other than maybe one or two juniors.

Haha.......bballfan1 is compleeetely wrong. It's quite true, the point guard made the team..... not saying the others are bad, but the point guard is by far and away the best player on that team. Expect her to get into varsity, especially since shanley lost a bunch of guards..... she'll log the most varsity minutes of the bunch, and it wouldn't surprise if she was fighting for starting by year's end.

Also, to all the people complaining about how shanley moved their 8th graders into freshmen after they were done with their season.... wouldn't they have just gone and played travel ball if they hadn't moved up? there's not an unfair competitive advantage, shanley just needed to plug them in. noones complaining about the freshmen all moving to sophomore cause the sophomore team got beat, so their just jealous that their freshmen teams got owned by 8th graders.

I don't understand where you people are coming from...there are four girls that are all equal on that team Kenney did not make that team she's good for a freshman but so are Rivard, Carew, and Storandt - but she won't be starting by the end of the season not a chance there is no chance...Carew will come off the bench before kenney
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby Carl08 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:39 pm

Agree with roughrider...Kenney is a good player, but Carew is just as good if not better. Those girls will play pick up games with anyone and everyone and in my experience...Carew definitely stands out. Jacobson seems to really like the way that Carew plays and she will play the most at the start of the season at least....and I'm pretty sure that the starting five are pretty well set for the Deacons so Kenney starting is not going to happen...especially since they would need an off-guard not a point guard
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:01 pm

I haven't watched this grade play much. The freshman Carew has grown to at least 5ft 9in and a very smart player. Has watched older sisters play and tagged along to many shoot arounds, as have many in this class. These girls have played with the the upper grades since 7th grade. All the girls mentioned are good players - gym rats - and time will tell how much varsity they will play. Have a ways to go before they will become good varsity players. Real good chance that someday they WILL be good varsity players.
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby soccer09 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:09 pm

whoever stated that shanley's going to need depth at shooting guard obviously hasnt seen shanley play....with brenner back off of surgery and it being the one spot where the jv team had players, they'll be set. at point guard kenney is immediately the best option after jackson......1st one off the bench at point..

also, to all who are saying that she wasn't vital to the team........ did you watch what happened when she subbed out of the game? 25 point leads suddenly evaporated as the offense completely stalled.
this is trueee.............
Last edited by soccer09 on Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBALL1456 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:45 pm

i dont know her name but freshmen from minot. not getting serious minutes but she plays some varsity. I know she plays really well with girls her own age. I saw her in a tourney my daughter was in and she was the only person that could score for them...someone help me out with the name
You can have all the talent in the world. But it will get you nowhere without your teammates
BBALL1456
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls