Lions All Star Games

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDHOOPWATCHER » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:18 am

Wasn't able to attend the games, just wondering from someone who attended, if they were good games?  What were some of the hilights of the games??
NDHOOPWATCHER
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Diamond D » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:27 am

Callie Hanson played strong on both games. Bismarck and Mandan girls did too.

Diamond D

Postby UND#1 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:41 am

Adams from minot had a strong performance in the second game...........22 points!!
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 am

yeah..amundson really got on the minot girls during the first game and Adams played great the second game.

I was very impressed with Betsy Dickson on the B side...Class A tried all kinds of things to pressure her and it didnt even phase her.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:44 pm

Baller wrote:I was very impressed with Betsy Dickson on the B side...Class A tried all kinds of things to pressure her and it didnt even phase her.

She is another level of player and athlete but didnt receive the recognition that she truely deserves because she was too unselfish and a team player to shoot much. On top of that she had a couple of black holes that werent afraid to throw it up from anywhere as soon as they touched the ball. She is the true definaition of floor leading Point Guard!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby bestinthewest » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:34 am

how did teryl norton do in the games??

oh and did the B side win one of them? i heard that A won one, but i dont know which one.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:12 am

A won both
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoop_fan1 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:37 am

InTheKnow wrote:
Baller wrote:I was very impressed with Betsy Dickson on the B side...Class A tried all kinds of things to pressure her and it didnt even phase her.

She is another level of player and athlete but didnt receive the recognition that she truely deserves because she was too unselfish and a team player to shoot much. On top of that she had a couple of black holes that werent afraid to throw it up from anywhere as soon as they touched the ball. She is the true definaition of floor leading Point Guard!

You don't have to watch her play very long to realize she is quite an athlete! Agree w/you 100%.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flowergirl » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:19 pm

one play of dickson's that impressed me was in the fargo game, when one of the class A girls stole the ball from dickson at half court and had a wide open layup, then dickson chased her down, blocked the easy layup, dribbled through a crowd of defenders and drove to the basket and got a follow, and then made both of her gree throws. 
flowergirl
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sioux10 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:32 pm

why didn't abby reiter play in the games, i saw her at the games but she wasn't sitting on the bench like courtney hahn or sami lauf..did she get injured or what?
sioux10

Postby rep » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:01 pm

sioux10 wrote:why didn't abby reiter play in the games, i saw her at the games but she wasn't sitting on the bench like courtney hahn or sami lauf..did she get injured or what?

was she an alternate?

seems odd that she would be, she's a stud. but that would explain it.
rep

Postby Baller » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:24 pm

rep wrote:
sioux10 wrote:why didn't abby reiter play in the games, i saw her at the games but she wasn't sitting on the bench like courtney hahn or sami lauf..did she get injured or what?

was she an alternate?

seems odd that she would be, she's a stud. but that would explain it.

She got herself into some trouble this summer that caused her to be taken off the roster...Good Luck to her at Mary though
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls