coaching changes

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:51 am

Devils Lake radio reporting that Devils Lake HS girls BB coach Heidi Stuberg has resigned. Devils Lake finished runner-up to Mandan in this years girls Class A tournament.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:03 am

Last edited by Baller on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cd » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 am

If this is true - Devils Lake will loose a very good coach.  They did awesome against Mandan in the tourney.  That Mandan has been unstoppable!  They just keep grooming younger players so always seem loaded!
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Diamond D » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:34 am

It is true. Although I disagreed with the VC incident, I will say Heidi was very dedicated to her girls team. 

So how many apps will come in to DL for a chance to coach Privatsky for a year?

DL has a lower pay scale, so I am sure that will come into play, but the team is still fairly strong and has great leadership in Privatsky.
Last edited by Diamond D on Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby bruins44 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:39 pm

Diamond D wrote:It is true. Although I disagreed with the VC incident, I will say Heidi was very dedicated to her girls team. 

So how many apps will come in to DL for a chance to coach Privatsky for a year?

DL has a lower pay scale, so I am sure that will come into play, but the team is still fairly strong and has great leadership in Privatsky.

my bet is that Privatsky's dad will coach the team next year,  he was the soph coach this year.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 pm

Are the Privatsky's  in DL related to the ones from South Heart?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:51 pm

yes
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:52 pm

How, I am making a family tree for them and I want it to be accurate.:cool:
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Diamond D » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 am

Her Dad will not be looking at the job because after her senior year he wants free time to be able to go watch Ashley at UND.

My understanding is that he would like to coach, but only for that year and he doesn't feel that is right to do since after one year he would resign from it and DL would have to look for another coach.

IMHO I think that is extremely respectable.  He could say "I am doing what is best for me, but instead he is looking at the long term solution for the school itself".  

Last edited by Diamond D on Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby Baller » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:08 am

I heard that Randy Rice from Midway Minto might be the front runner for this spot.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:38 pm

Baller wrote:I heard that Randy Rice from Midway Minto might be the front runner for this spot.

do you have any background information on him. i know that they are more than likely going to hire someone new to fill the spot, as there really isnt anyone within the current school system who would make a good head coach.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:23 am

Got this off the state B website:

Randy is currently in his eighth year of teaching at Minto. He teaches physical education and health. He is in his first year of coaching for the Midway-Minto Mustangs. Randy was the head coach for the Minto girls’ team from 1999-2005, and he was also the head coach of the Minto boys’ team from 1999-2001. Randy is the head track coach and assistant coach for the football team.

Randy graduated from Turtle lake Mercer High School in 1990. He pursued a double major in elementary education and physical education while attending the University of Mary in Bismarck, ND. While at the University of Mary, he was a member of the men’s basketball team. Upon graduation he has taught and coached in Walhalla, Midway, Minto, and Yuma, Arizona.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Diamond D » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:01 am

I am one the who contacted Randy about the opening.  Randy grew up just a few miles down the road from me.  We played lots of BB together and against each other.

Randy has done a great job at Minto.  Two years ago they made it to state and last past year deep into regionals.

I haven't even asked if he put his application in, only that myself and a few others have mentioned his name to Devils Lake HS Administrators.

I was over at the HS yesterday and I believe there were not any applications as of yet.  That was what was hinted to me anyways. 

Diamond D

Postby bert1072 » Tue May 01, 2007 5:15 am

Diamond D wrote: 

I am one the who contacted Randy about the opening.  Randy grew up just a few miles down the road from me.  We played lots of BB together and against each other.

Randy has done a great job at Minto.  Two years ago they made it to state and last past year deep into regionals.

I haven't even asked if he put his application in, only that myself and a few others have mentioned his name to Devils Lake HS Administrators.

I was over at the HS yesterday and I believe there were not any applications as of yet.  That was what was hinted to me anyways. 

Actually They are going to be looking for a teacher first and a coach 2nd. Stuberg was a 6th grade teacher. not sure what but not PE or health. Isn't it interesting that a parent from Devils Lake would be pushing there own person for the job instead of letting people apply for the job. We are hearing rumors of a real good canidate right in the area 

bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue May 01, 2007 2:00 pm

and who would that person be?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bert1072 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:17 am

DeuceTrey wrote:and who would that person be?

You already have a proven winner in girls sports there in Loberg for one, don't know if he wants to do it. I hear theres a woman coach in th younger grades who could handle it and theres a gentleman at a class B school not to far away that the rumr is he ould be a good fit. as you can see there are options. Not just what one of the "so called" basketball familis in DL wants.
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:16 am

Diamond D wrote:Her Dad will not be looking at the job because after her senior year he wants free time to be able to go watch Ashley at UND.

My understanding is that he would like to coach, but only for that year and he doesn't feel that is right to do since after one year he would resign from it and DL would have to look for another coach.

IMHO I think that is extremely respectable.  He could say "I am doing what is best for me, but instead he is looking at the long term solution for the school itself".  

I guess you were wrong and I was right.... her dad is going to be the next coach at DL
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls