School colors

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:18 pm

luvmy3gbb1wr wrote:If you really want ugly colors together....check out the Central Prairie Firebirds colors for the coop....orange from Gackle-Streeter, light blue from Tappen, and red from Medina-Cleveland.......

orange, red, and light blue? i hope the person who decided on that was color blind.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Ditka14 wrote:This is hockey jerseys i would like to comment has anyone seen Century's bright baby blue jersey's. Not a fan really plus i heard they are getting baby blue breazers to go along with them. If anyone has seen them?

probly the ugliest jersey to ever dawn my shoulders and 1 rediculuse logo

but how about those red ones this year those were intemidating i felt mean when i wore it and i liked the logo
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flyguy » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:58 pm

How about BHS boys basketball warmups with the hood and not long and not short sleeves.Those are BAD!
flyguy

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:04 am

flyguy wrote:How about BHS boys basketball warmups with the hood and not long and not short sleeves.Those are BAD!

I think those warm-ups are the best in the state. There original and no one has them.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:06 am

Ditka14 wrote:
flyguy wrote:How about BHS boys basketball warmups with the hood and not long and not short sleeves.Those are BAD!

I think those warm-ups are the best in the state. There original and no one has them.

I haven't seen BHS's but they sound a lot like South's boys.  I didn't like them at first but they grow on you.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HitManHoops » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:06 am

Baller wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

I haven't seen BHS's but they sound a lot like South's boys.  I didn't like them at first but they grow on you.

I agree... I didn't really like south's warmups, and I'm still iffy about it, but they're ok.
HitManHoops

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:47 am

i think south has some ballin warmups with the hood  its sick
ghetto*revival

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:19 pm

im not a fan of the hood, it looks rediculous and sloppy. and whats the point of it anyway, its not like you can wear a hood and still play basketball.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:45 pm

ghetto*revival wrote:i think that dicky has some nasty colors to go along with the demeaning mascot

Demeaning to you?? This paragraph is from Wikipedia. I'm sure if you write the school a letter, maybe they'll apologize to you. However, the people its supposed to defend apparently don't feel that way.

Read on: 

There has been a noteworthy degree of controversy surrounding Dickinson's mascot, The Midget. During the mid 1990s the school became concerned that their 80-year-old mascot was not very politically correct and communicated that they were considering a change. [1]NBC's The Today Show even featured a piece on the Little People of America[2] where the organization stated that they were not offended by it, influencing the school to keep their traditional mascot.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:15 am

Wildcat wrote:
ghetto*revival wrote:i think that dicky has some nasty colors to go along with the demeaning mascot

Demeaning to you?? This paragraph is from Wikipedia. I'm sure if you write the school a letter, maybe they'll apologize to you. However, the people its supposed to defend apparently don't feel that way.

Read on: 

There has been a noteworthy degree of controversy surrounding Dickinson's mascot, The Midget. During the mid 1990s the school became concerned that their 80-year-old mascot was not very politically correct and communicated that they were considering a change. [1]NBC's The Today Show even featured a piece on the Little People of America[2] where the organization stated that they were not offended by it, influencing the school to keep their traditional mascot.

Wikipedia is not a good source, anyone could have wrote that.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wildcat » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:14 am

Ditka14 wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Read on: 

Wikipedia is not a good source, anyone could have wrote that.

I forgot about those vandals that go on homepages and write about the Little People of America okaying use of the nickname Midgets.

It was on The Today Show for crying out loud, I'm sure if you want to look it up, then search for it. You can find it, if you want stone cold proof. Aside from the fact that there are big, bad Wikipedia vandals defending Dickinson High School, most of it has to be true, I'm guessing. I just went with where I remembered reading it.

Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby klg_11 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:54 pm

Ditka14 wrote:

theres a reason no one has them!
klg_11

Postby Carl08 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:01 am

klg_11 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

south has the same ones im pretty sure
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:09 am

Carl08 wrote:
klg_11 wrote:
Ditka14 wrote:

south has the same ones im pretty sure

they might, i was just jokin around anyway.
klg_11

Postby iceman3 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:46 pm

[font=georgia]dickinson trinity boys make the red and white look good with all their winning. :D[/font]

[font=Georgia]the most intimidating would be the black and red combination[/font]
Last edited by iceman3 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iceman3

Postby Carl08 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:11 pm

iceman3 wrote:[font=georgia]dickinson trinity boys make the red and white look good with all their winning. :D[/font]

[font=Georgia]the most intimidating would be the black and red combination[/font]

black jerseys with red are always sharp
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:24 am

Back in the nineties, Dickinsons school board started to look into the issue of changing their mascot!  A recall election was promptly called and those in favor of changing the name were thrown out.  It almost tore that school apart..
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:41 am

scruffy wrote:Back in the nineties, Dickinsons school board started to look into the issue of changing their mascot!  A recall election was promptly called and those in favor of changing the name were thrown out.  It almost tore that school apart..

do u have a source or personal memory or what? just wondering
klg_11

Postby scruffy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:50 am

Dickinson's current school board still has a couple of people who led the recall election still on the board.  It created quite a rucus for awhile in their school and among their parents.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:31 pm

iceman3 wrote:[font=georgia]dickinson trinity boys make the red and white look good with all their winning. :D[/font]

black and red are the sweetest combination
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SportsAreLife » Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:25 pm

I  believe that colors have some what of an intimidation factor againist teams. I also think red and black are very intimidating together.
SportsAreLife

Postby klg_11 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:15 pm

i dont know if the color of a teams jerseys affect the way the team pays or makes the other team scared of them, but i do like good combinations
klg_11

Previous

Return to Girls