Next Year

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby demonfan74 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Amundson
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm

im not gonna quote a bunch of posts but ya i think coach of the year is political because other coaches dont like amundson he wont win it i think he is hands down the best coach and the best program builder and i wouldnt say he is a cold person him on the court and him off the court are two different things in my opinion on the court the most important thing is to win the game off the court you can joke around and have fun but when you are in the game it is time to get serious

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:22 pm

One thing I found interesting is during the state tournament they have no outside contact.  No cell phones, no mingling with the crowd and they all sit together in the stands until the team bus leaves. 
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby just a bb fan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:36 am

Deuce wrote:One thing I found interesting is during the state tournament they have no outside contact.  No cell phones, no mingling with the crowd and they all sit together in the stands until the team bus leaves. 

that's good to a point.  but i believe it can go too far both ways -- too lenient and too strict.  (that seems to be another difference between meier and amundson) the players need to focus, but they also need to enjoy the state tournament atmosphere.  i'm sure many friendships are made during those events, too.  tally so far -- amundson 5, meier 1
Last edited by just a bb fan on Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
just a bb fan

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:11 am

just a bb fan wrote:
Deuce wrote:One thing I found interesting is during the state tournament they have no outside contact.  No cell phones, no mingling with the crowd and they all sit together in the stands until the team bus leaves. 

that's good to a point.  but i believe it can go too far both ways -- too lenient and too strict.  (that seems to be another difference between meier and amundson) the players need to focus, but they also need to enjoy the state tournament atmosphere.  i'm sure many friendships are made during those events, too.  tally so far -- amundson 5, meier 1

No they have cellphones and they can interact, but they just want to stay focused. There up there for one reason and they know what it is.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby just a bb fan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:27 am

i heard jeske was leaving century.  does anyone know if that is only a rumor?
just a bb fan

Postby cd » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:09 am

that would be weird if he would leave - do you think that parents are putting pressure on him because Century can't beat Mandan every game?  the parents and students could have embarassed him at the state tournament with their actions BUT that doesn't seem like a reason to leave.  He has been trying to get his team to play more like Mandan's program so you would think he would stay.  Seems like it is a rumor.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby just a bb fan » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:58 am

cd wrote:that would be weird if he would leave - do you think that parents are putting pressure on him because Century can't beat Mandan every game?  the parents and students could have embarassed him at the state tournament with their actions BUT that doesn't seem like a reason to leave.  He has been trying to get his team to play more like Mandan's program so you would think he would stay.  Seems like it is a rumor.

i don't think ANY coach would leave because they didn't beat mandan.  century did beat mandan, that alone would be reason for jeske to stay. i also don't think he's trying to emulate mandan's program. century has a good program on it's own merits. as far as the fans and parents embarrassing him at the state tournament - that's doesn't deserve a response.  i hope it's only a rumor.
just a bb fan

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:39 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
just a bb fan wrote:

No they have cellphones and they can interact, but they just want to stay focused. There up there for one reason and they know what it is.

I most definitely agree that you need to enjoy state, but I have feeling they enjoy hoisting up that trophy every year. 

I know that meier sat out in the hotel halls at night to watch his girls.  I've heard the cell phone policy is popular among other teams as well.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bert1072 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:31 am

Baller wrote:
soccer09 wrote:shanley girls will be tough again with great inside presence, need to find guards to make up for seniors lost though..... honestly in East I don't see much of a challenge. . The East/West is hard to predict simply because of no crossover...

East:

South has a good core in Haring, Burk, Stroup, and Anstadt.
Shanley has some young kids coming up that will help them out. 

Red River returns girls that got some very good experience last year.

DL won't be as bad as people say.  Privratsky, Gathman, Greening, Steph Metens, and Elshaug.  They may surprise some.

Wahp- Hopefully they find some weapons to go with Braun

WF - young kids got some experience, but they will struggle

North, Central, VC will struggle

West:

BHS - too much to reckon with.  This is now Meier's program that he had been able to work with

Mandan- Will reload

Jamestown- Schugard, Ramlo, Dale

Century - Should have the numbers finish top 4

Minot

Dickinson

Williston, SM, and Belcourt will battle for the bottom especially now that Knife left TM
The east will be interesting, all the talk is shanley,you also need to look at Red River who was very young and FS with young teams. Central won the soph tourney by 2 pts over DL who played with 8th and 9th graders. Dl will be okay about midway thru the year with Priv, gathman, if eisenzimmer can return to play and the soph,s can play to a higher level, as far as mertens goes way to young and can't handle the upper level yet. but the east will be interesting
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:51 pm

it will be interesting to see how DL turns out next year. yes they had a good sophmore team last year, but 3 of their starters were 8th graders, and i believe one of them was a freshman, and im not sure if they are good enough to compete at the varsity level for another couple years. i do think that out of all of them though, Mertens has the best chance to be on varsity next year, but the only thing that is going to hurt her is that she is more of a point guard and not really much of a scorer, and she wouldnt do much if she was on the court at the same time as Privratsky. i expect them to be 3 or 4, 5 at the lowest, next year in the EDC.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan1 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:25 pm

they'll be  below Shanley, South, and Red River for sure -  i think they will be similar to WF they won't be lower than 5 just because the rest of the EDC will be so weak again.   Privatsky is a great player but next year she will face a constant double team until a few other players show they can step up and score
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby EDC » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:23 am

Shanley loses Schuler.  Shanley also loses two of the hardest working hard nosed players in the state in the Bowar guards.  Does anybody realize that Shanley had the best defensive average in the state last year?  If defense is any part of the criterea then these two seniors girls should also be considered for the Lion's All Star game.  According to many, Shanley is the favorite for next year.  I am a little surprised that others recognize this given they are losing three starters.  I won't dispute it but depth will definitely be a factor. Shanley had two juniors off the bench that would have started on many teams.  Shanley will have to stay healthy and some other kids you never have heard of will have to step up.  South will be good, Red River should be good and DL will be better than some think but will be hard pressed to compete for the top two spots.
Last edited by EDC on Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:41 am

there is no question shanley suffered major losses due to graduation but with Carew and Paulson in there any team will have match up issues, and throw in pollard off the bench they will be able to score.   They will have a guard back who got significant time this year off the bench.  Like EDC said the real issue will be depth.  They will be getting a guard back this year who saw varsity time as a sophmore last year but was injured the whole season this year, who can fill the 5th spot and they will have an excellent freshman class (their 8th grade team won the freshman tourney this year) next year who may see some time off the bench
Last edited by Carl08 on Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby bert1072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:18 am

DeuceTrey wrote:it will be interesting to see how DL turns out next year. yes they had a good sophmore team last year, but 3 of their starters were 8th graders, and i believe one of them was a freshman, and im not sure if they are good enough to compete at the varsity level for another couple years. i do think that out of all of them though, Mertens has the best chance to be on varsity next year, but the only thing that is going to hurt her is that she is more of a point guard and not really much of a scorer, and she wouldnt do much if she was on the court at the same time as Privratsky. i expect them to be 3 or 4, 5 at the lowest, next year in the EDC.

it will be interesting. after watching DL play all the games they did out east and talking to some people i will venture this for you. Dl did start 3 8th graders  1,9th,1soph on the c squad but the competetion in the east was and is pretty weak at the lower squads, from what the gfand fargo people are saying is that mertens is not ready yetand probably won't be. the 9th grader is p[robably the one who will be able to play right away and im not sure her name but DL's hope for next year will lie with the ability of the older kids to play up to the varsity level and how quickly since they didn't get any playing time from the coaching staff last year.
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bert1072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:22 am

Carl08 wrote:there is no question shanley suffered major losses due to graduation but with Carew and Paulson in there any team will have match up issues, and throw in pollard off the bench they will be able to score.   They will have a guard back who got significant time this year off the bench.  Like EDC said the real issue will be depth.  They will be getting a guard back this year who saw varsity time as a sophmore last year but was injured the whole season this year, who can fill the 5th spot and they will have an excellent freshman class (their 8th grade team won the freshman tourney this year) next year who may see some time off the bench

Not tottally sure that Shanley has enough depth in the lower squads to take over at the varsity. Shanley was not winning many games in the B and C squads.
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roughrider125 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:37 am

Shanley didn't have the numbers for a JV team so they moved up their Sophs to JV, their fresh to soph, and their 8th graders to freshman...it will be the 8th graders this year that played freshman and won the tourney (they'll be freshmen next year) that will be getting the time off the bench varsity next year
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby bert1072 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:06 am

roughrider125 wrote:Shanley didn't have the numbers for a JV team so they moved up their Sophs to JV, their fresh to soph, and their 8th graders to freshman...it will be the 8th graders this year that played freshman and won the tourney (they'll be freshmen next year) that will be getting the time off the bench varsity next year

Shanley did bring up some 8th graders after there season was done. I think there were alot of 8th graders playing up in either the 9th or soph teams. shanley did it Devils Lake had 3or4 and so it goes it will be more interesting in 2yrs to see where those girls are at in there development in the sport. Devils Lake had a coule of freshman playing up I think one was the younger Eisenzimmer who was impressive in both B and C squads. There was another taller girl but I'm not sure of her name,

shanley had a couple of good young 8th graders as did RR. So as they get older it should be good

bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 2424 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:54 pm

WEST: mandan, BHS, jamestown,

EAST: shanley, south, west fargo,
"when in Rome"
NDPreps Reserve

Postby member01 » Mon May 07, 2007 6:12 am

in the west i see williston taking it all and in the east i see valley city taking it all and it will be an interesting state between those two teams
member01

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:37 pm

member01 wrote:in the west i see williston taking it all and in the east i see valley city taking it all and it will be an interesting state between those two teams

wiliston over bismarck and mandan?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon May 07, 2007 4:28 pm

cdub1 wrote:
member01 wrote:in the west i see williston taking it all and in the east i see valley city taking it all and it will be an interesting state between those two teams

pretty sure that was meant to be sarcastic since they were both the bottom teams in their respective conferences.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon May 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Baller wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

pretty sure that was meant to be sarcastic since they were both the bottom teams in their respective conferences.
oh haha i had no idea if williston was good or not

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sports101 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:20 am

mandan will win another championship who is gonna stop them. 

as for williston and saint marys  it will be a another bad year
sports101

Postby demonfan74 » Fri May 11, 2007 11:56 am

Bismarck High
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls