Next Year

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:47 pm

although mandan is losing everyone except a few, there is still going to be no one else able to compete with them in the west. i expect a repeat in the state championship with mandan coming on top of DL

West
1. mandan
2. jamestown
3. bismarck high
4. century
5. minot
6. st. marys
7. dickinson
8. williston
9. belcourt

East
1. DL
2. south
3. shanley
4. west fargo
5. red river
6. central
7. whapeton
8. valley city
9. north 
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:57 pm

DL will have a battle next year. they lose 5 seniors this year, 4 of which were starters, and the other was the first one off the bench. They do return Privratsky, but there is little experience behind her. their guard play should be excelent, but their biggest question next year is going to be their posts and lack of experience. but they should still be a condender for the top spot in the east.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ol_Husky » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:24 am

[size=2]My take on the 2008 WDA:

1 - Bismarck:  the team with the most experience and the fewest gaps; good
offensive balance (A. Feeney/Schmidt are threats down low, S. Feeney/Gilbertson
deliver from the wings); defense is above average; bench is above average.

2 - Mandan:  offense will shift more to the perimeter game, relying more on 3's
from Finley and Collins; the Amundson pressure defense will, once again,
provide plenty of lay-ups for the offense; bench is strong.

3 - Jamestown:  front court offense is solid with Dale, Schuchard, and Ramlo;
pressure defense varies from average to very good; bench is average.

4 - Turtle Mountain:  Davis and Knife provide plenty of offense, both inside
and from mid-range; team defense is average; bench is below average.

5-6 Century or Minot:  Century is rebuilding with Buck, Michelsen, E. Jossart,
et al; Minot has Feland, Luetzen, and their JV squad from 07.

7-9 Dickinson, St. Mary's, Williston (alphabetical order)  Dickinson without
Steffan leaves us with Abrehamson, L. Messer, and Dvorak; defense is average;
bench is below average; St. Mary's offense is spelled K. Messer; defense is
average; bench is below average; for Williston it's Njos driving and Hicks
sniping; team defense is below average; bench is below average.

I'd insert the top three EDC teams into these positions on this list:
3 - Shanley: about even with Jamestown (very similar teams, good inside games,
shaky on the perimeter)
4 - South: about even with Turtle Mountain (although they're polar opposites:
South with size, strength, and 1/2 court defense and Turtle Mountain with
speed, slashing O, and 'opportunistic' D)
4.5 - Devils Lake: just below Turtle Mountain (if anyone can turn the DL JV
into Varsity players in one year, it's Ashley Privatsky, but it's still a very
tall order)

I haven't seen enough of the rest of the EDC to comment on the others.

[/size]
Ol_Husky

Postby cd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:23 am

cd writes:  thanks for the interesting plan for next years girls basketball - it was fun to read - you must know your basketball teams.  The thing about Mandan is that they have such a good feeder program and can "reload" their varsity with members of the junior varsity and move up freshmen and eighth graders to their JV.  They are a fun team to watch!  Bismarck will be right up there next year too.  Should be interesting!
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:35 pm

I posted this in another topic before but....

In the East my prediction:

1: Shanley - Return three 6' juniors and 1 good guard.  Lose a lot in Shuler and Bowars but Jacobson will be able to make them number one in the EDC again next year.

2: Red River - Lose only one senior that saw limited playing time this year.  Wheeler and Smith will lead the team to a #2 finish next year.

3: South - lose starters that were much of their scoring.   Haring and Stroup will lead a young south team next year.
4: WF - they were young this year and should improve as the season goes on
5: DL - A.P. is a great player but DL lost everyone except for her this year.  Teams will double her and it will be 1 v 5.  I don't see them winning many with the load of talent they lost

6: Wahp - Will return most of their players to a team that improved much as the season went on.  Lexi Braun is a very good player for them who doesn't get much credit.  This Wahp team could suprise people next year.

7,8,9 - FN will be bad.  Central can't say but i don't see them winning many.  VC hasn't won a conference game in 2 yrs and i don't see that changing except maybe a win over FN.

Can't Predict the whole West but Bismarck has to be the favorite to win it all...finally the Mandan streak will come to an end!!
Last edited by bballfan1 on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:47 pm

bballfan1 wrote:I posted this in another topic before but....

In the East my prediction:

1: Shanley - Return three 6' juniors and 1 good guard.  Lose a lot in Shuler and Bowars but Jacobson will be able to make them number one in the EDC again next year.

2: Red River - Lose only one senior that saw limited playing time this year.  Wheeler and Smith will lead the team to a #2 finish next year.

3: South - lose starters that were much of their scoring.   Haring and Stroup will lead a young south team next year.

5: DL - A.P. is a great player but DL lost everyone except for her this year.  Teams will double her and it will be 1 v 5.  I don't see them winning many with the load of talent they lost

6: Wahp - Will return most of their players to a team that improved much as the season went on.  Lexi Braun is a very good player for them who doesn't get much credit.  This Wahp team could suprise people next year.

7,8,9 - FN will be bad.  Central can't say but i don't see them winning many.  VC hasn't won a conference game in 2 yrs and i don't see that changing except maybe a win over FN.

Can't Predict the whole West but Bismarck has to be the favorite to win it all...finally the Mandan streak will come to an end!!

nice predictions, but where is your #4
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby roughrider125 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:57 pm

West

• Bismarck
  • Mandan
  • Jamestown
  • Turtle Mt.
  • Century
  • Minot
  • who cares
East

• Shanley
  • South
  • Red River
  • WF
  • DL
  • bad
[/*]
I dunno why people think DL will be good next year...they got nothing but A.P. and 1 player can't make a team good.  Agree w/ bballfan1...Bismarck wins it all.
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:57 pm

skipped wf
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan1 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:03 pm

sportsman20 wrote:skipped wf

WF was my #4...it got deleted somehow
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby HitManHoops » Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:51 am

roughrider125 wrote:West

• Bismarck
  • Mandan
  • Jamestown
  • Turtle Mt.
  • Century
  • Minot
  • who cares
East
  • Shanley
  • South
  • Red River
  • WF
  • DL
  • bad
I dunno why people think DL will be good next year...they got nothing but A.P. and 1 player can't make a team good.  Agree w/ bballfan1...Bismarck wins it all.
[/*]

I agree.Devil's lake will be like Valley City last year, with bergan. Unless some other people step it up, I dont know if they will win a lot of games. South and Shanley will be pretty equal again.

Bismarck will be the best in the west, sure, mandan will still be good but i dont think they will be as dominant as they were this year. Jamestown will make their mark!
Last edited by HitManHoops on Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HitManHoops

Postby just a bb fan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:53 am

HitManHoops wrote:

• Bismarck
  • Mandan
  • Jamestown
  • Turtle Mt.
  • Century
  • Minot
  • who cares
East
  • Shanley
  • South
  • Red River
  • WF
  • DL
  • bad

I agree.Devil's lake will be like Valley City last year, with bergan. Unless some other people step it up, I dont know if they will win a lot of games. South and Shanley will be pretty equal again.

Bismarck will be the best in the west, sure, mandan will still be good but i dont think they will be as dominant as they were this year. Jamestown will make their mark!

Do you really think Bismarck will be #1 the west?  What are your picks for the whole state?
just a bb fan

Postby bballfan1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:35 am

just a bb fan wrote:
HitManHoops wrote:

• Bismarck
  • Mandan
  • Jamestown
  • Turtle Mt.
  • Century
  • Minot
  • who cares
East
  • Shanley
  • South
  • Red River
  • WF
  • DL
  • bad

Do you really think Bismarck will be #1 the west?  What are your picks for the whole state?
[/*]
State:   1. Bismarck     2. Mandan    3. Jamestown    4. Shanley   5/6/7. RR, TM, FS

Bismarck, i feel will be the best due to the fact they only lost one starter and have the Feeney's back.  They have both guards and posts that can score and are a great defensive team.  They were the #2 team all year and will only improve before next year.  Mandan and Century lost to much talent to graduation. 
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby just a bb fan » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:40 am

bballfan1 wrote:
just a bb fan wrote:
HitManHoops wrote:

• Bismarck
  • Mandan
  • Jamestown
  • Turtle Mt.
  • Century
  • Minot
  • who cares
East
  • Shanley
  • South
  • Red River
  • WF
  • DL
  • bad

State:   1. Bismarck     2. Mandan    3. Jamestown    4. Shanley   5/6/7. RR, TM, FS

Bismarck, i feel will be the best due to the fact they only lost one starter and have the Feeney's back.  They have both guards and posts that can score and are a great defensive team.  They were the #2 team all year and will only improve before next year.  Mandan and Century lost to much talent to graduation. 
But Bismarck lost all their starters except for one and still did well this year. 
just a bb fan

Postby bballfan1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:06 pm

just a bb fan wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:
just a bb fan wrote:
HitManHoops wrote:

• Bismarck
  • Mandan
  • Jamestown
  • Turtle Mt.
  • Century
  • Minot
  • who cares
East
  • Shanley
  • South
  • Red River
  • WF
  • DL
  • bad

But Bismarck lost all their starters except for one and still did well this year. 

i'm not saying noone will rebuild over the summer and contend for the title next year just based on talent and achievement this year i have to go with Bismarck...Mandan is always tough and their JV is as good as many varsity teams so ya never know
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby cd » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:30 pm

Bismarck will be something to be reckoned with next year but Mandan will also be strong.  They have such a deep bench, 5 in, 5 out, new 5 in, those out and 5 new ones in and then a mixture of players.  They have a JV that will just move up to Varsity.  They may not be expected to take state again next year but they should be right up there.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:19 pm

There is one thing mandan has that most teams in the state don't have and that Greg Amundson running the show. He is hands down the best coach in the state and will lead the not so much talented team since the start of the 5 peat to state, once again and into the championship.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby O_Snap » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:37 pm

Mandan 6 pete lets start the hate posts now.... I even got them for a strong possiblity of 7 pete
O_Snap

Postby whocares? » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:25 pm

Ol_Husky wrote:[size=2]My take on the 2008 WDA:

shaky on the perimeter)
tall order)

[/size]
now that shauna knife might go to bottineau, does that move chs over turtle mountain. have to agree with everything else, excepti think mandan might end up being #1 over bhs
whocares?

Postby just a bb fan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:46 am

whocares? wrote:
Ol_Husky wrote:[size=2]My take on the 2008 WDA:

shaky on the perimeter)
tall order)

[/size]
now that shauna knife might go to bottineau, does that move chs over turtle mountain. have to agree with everything else, excepti think mandan might end up being #1 over bhs

ONLY because of the coaching, not for lack of talent.
just a bb fan

Postby Ming01 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:21 am

I'm going to say BHS is the top team for next year.  It's very hard to go against Mandan, but the loss of Kielpinski and Kelsch will hurt them a lot, and I mean a lot.  Someone will probably step up though, but it is still going to be a tough loss.  I dont know enough about most of the teams.  But I'll say for the west 1. Bismarck 2. Mandan and 3. Jamestown.  St. Mary's still has Messer, but will once again have no depth and not much for ball handlers so I see them finishing the same as last year which will be 8th.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby bawlhogg701 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:30 am

Mandan will be tops again in Class A girls basketball. BHS a close 2nd and Century will drop off the radar.
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby just a bb fan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 am

bawlhogg701 wrote:Mandan will be tops again in Class A girls basketball. BHS a close 2nd and Century will drop off the radar.

if amundson had next years bhs girls, for sure they would be #1 and if bhs had amundson for a coach, bhs would be #1.  does that make sense.
just a bb fan

Postby bawlhogg701 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:36 am

Mandans girls have Amundson for a coach so they'll be #1 and if Mandans girls had BHS's coach they'd still be #1? I think it makes sense...lol
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby just a bb fan » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:45 am

bawlhogg701 wrote:Mandans girls have Amundson for a coach so they'll be #1 and if Mandans girls had BHS's coach they'd still be #1? I think it makes sense...lol

wrong!  :)  If mandan girls had bhs's coach they wouldn't be #1.  do you mean wda or state?
just a bb fan

Postby cdub1 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:02 am

just a bb fan wrote:
bawlhogg701 wrote:Mandans girls have Amundson for a coach so they'll be #1 and if Mandans girls had BHS's coach they'd still be #1? I think it makes sense...lol

wrong!  :)  If mandan girls had bhs's coach they wouldn't be #1.  do you mean wda or state?

if mandan girls had the bhs coach they wouldnt be as good as they are i give amundson alot of credit for his great coaching

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls