This whole Bis/Man sports thing

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BBFan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:48 am

All I wish is that fans from all Bismarck and Mandan schools would make a turn here and drop all this nonsense.  There will be enough changes this next year to forget the past and move on, and I, as a Bismarck high school parent, am going to encourage my daughter and her friends to 1) cheer for her school when they are playing, 2) cheer for the other Bismarck/Mandan team when we aren't playing and they are (since she has friends at all these schools, but this stupid rivalry is getting so out of control she is starting not to even want her other friends to win), and 3) celebrate that we are just across the river from a team that has just won the state tournament, not to mention the records it has set.  Next year is another year - maybe as parents we could all encourage this and the games would be more enjoyable for everyone.  Plus, this hostility is such a poor way for these wonderful young people to grow up.
BBFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:22 am

there are some times that a rivalry can get out of hand but thats what makes a rivalry great.  its not like its the type of rivalry where the kids go out and try to hurt each other.  maybe i understood wrong but ti sounds like your tryin to get rid of the rivalry and make it a glorified pickup game with friends playing each other and nothing to do with the schools?  if you take the emotion and, i hate to use the word hate but yea, out of a rivalry its no fun to watch or even be apart of.  the day kids go out and try to injure a person on purpose then i will say its gone to far, but when its jsut "i hate mandan cuz tehy always win" go out and beat them for bragging right.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBFan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:40 am

Yes, you are understanding wrong.  I'm about as competitive as they come.  However, when players' fans have to remove any indication of what school they are from when attending an away game for fear that their cars will be keyed, tires slashed, etc., that's over the line.  When the rivalry becomes hurtful (and I can tell you LOTS of stories I've heard about that) on and OFF the court, then it's also over the line.  I love competition, and I cheer like crazy for our high school and always will.  From much of the tone on this board, it appears the competition is more than a little rivalry.
BBFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:43 am

BBfan should change her name to voice of reason.  This is by far the most reasonable responsible post on the topic to date.  Thank You.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:09 am

Tiger Pride wrote:BBfan should change her name to voice of reason.  This is by far the most reasonable responsible post on the topic to date.  Thank You.

amen
rep

Postby just a bb fan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:09 pm

I agree with baseball.  Rivalries are part of the whole sports picture.  It sounds like bbfan wants the fans to yell, "that was a very nice shot opposing team," or "nice hair #?".   High school kids aren't 5 years old.  Give them a break and let them cheer.  This isn't a golf tournament where you need to be quiet.  It's part of the atmosphere.  We should be glad they're at the games and not out drinking, which may happen if RIDIULOUS limits on how they cheer.  Before anyone gets all bent out of shape, I said RIDICULOUS limits. 
Last edited by just a bb fan on Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just a bb fan

Postby BBFan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:54 pm

What in the world are you talking about?  I said nothing about cheering stupid things - at least if you're going to respond, please make sense.  I do agree with baseball about rivalry being part of high school, and I especially liked his remark about beating for bragging rights.  Obviously you're not getting my point.
BBFan
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Girls