Good article about St Paul Central

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:22 pm

balla45 wrote:I don't think there was ever anything in the paper about it.  Paige came here the summer before freshman year.  Her mom works at the school and she has a brother and sister.  If you are going to try to use that for a recruiting argument that is just way off.

It was not in the paper actually, it was on the Bismarck Tribune website. There was an article about the Mandan Braves in the paper and on the website people were talking about how many people Mandan had recruited this year. They said Finley, Jenson and Collins were recruited and I just remember a mother saying when Jenson came and also that Collins was a young child when she moved to Mandan. Sorry, I was thinking that they said Paige was a 6th grader. I am definitely not using that as a recruiting argument because I don't think there is recruitment going on and I knew that Paige came here before this year.  
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:25 pm

bbfollower wrote:
balla45 wrote:I don't think there was ever anything in the paper about it.  Paige came here the summer before freshman year.  Her mom works at the school and she has a brother and sister.  If you are going to try to use that for a recruiting argument that is just way off.

It was not in the paper actually, it was on the Bismarck Tribune website. There was an article about the Mandan Braves in the paper and on the website people were talking about how many people Mandan had recruited this year. They said Finley, Jenson and Collins were recruited and I just remember a mother saying when Jenson came and also that Collins was a young child when she moved to Mandan. Sorry, I was thinking that they said Paige was a 6th grader. I am definitely not using that as a recruiting argument because I don't think there is recruitment going on and I knew that Paige came here before this year.  

You should send me a link to that.  Also I have been in classes with Aleshia since first grade.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:32 pm

balla45 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:

You should send me a link to that.  Also I have been in classes with Aleshia since first grade.

I wish I could find it. I tried to find it so that I could try to prove my point, but I couldn't find what article it was on. Unfortunately the Tribune has been having problems and they seem to lose comments. I am on your side by the way. I knew Ali has been here for quite some time and her mother, for one, had written in (under this same article comments) and said that she had been here since she was really young. (I wanted to say age 2, but I could be wrong with that too.) If I am able to find the link, I will definitely post it.  
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:36 pm

http://bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/03/11/news/sports/local/130154.txt

I am not sure if this is the one you were talking about.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:37 pm

bbfollower wrote:
balla45 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:

I wish I could find it. I tried to find it so that I could try to prove my point, but I couldn't find what article it was on. Unfortunately the Tribune has been having problems and they seem to lose comments. I am on your side by the way. I knew Ali has been here for quite some time and her mother, for one, had written in (under this same article comments) and said that she had been here since she was really young. (I wanted to say age 2, but I could be wrong with that too.) If I am able to find the link, I will definitely post it.  

Ali Collins moved from Bismarck to Mandan when she was 3 months old.  Something I find ironic is her parents were living on Century Ave right up the street from CHS.

Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:55 pm

Both sides are never going to agree, and it is really starting to get annoying because it's the same argument.  If someone ever does something about the issue, by all means start the rumors, but until then I think it should just be dropped.

Mandan fans: you will never think it is wrong, and that's okay.  Just don't act like "Everyone is out to get us.  We never do anything wrong."  Because really, people should be out to get you.  You're on top of the pole and people want to knock you off; it's basic human nature.  So quit acting like you're being "attacked".

Everyone else:  I think most people can understand the frustration that has mounted, but it isn't getting anyone anywhere.  Mandan will never see eye-to-eye with us, and we'll never see eye-to-eye with them on this topic.     
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 pm

balla45 wrote:http://bismarcktribune.com/articles/2007/03/11/news/sports/local/130154.txt

I am not sure if this is the one you were talking about.

No, sorry that is not the one. It was perhaps 2-3 weeks ago, maybe even longer ago now that I think about it. It maybe was around the time MHS and CHS played for the second time. I looked again and still can't find the quotes. However, you seem to now the girls, so probably have a more accurate knowledge than my trying to recollect. I just knew that these 2 girls, Paige and Ali, have been around here for longer than a year, especially Ali because my son has been playing against her brother, Erron, for a few years in summer league.  
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:35 pm

Now that kid is an amazing basketball player.  I have never seen a sixth grader with handles like that.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:03 pm

You are right about that one. My son, who is a 5th grader, is in awe of him. He loves when he is on his team. lol.  Most of the time though, since they go to different schools, they play against each other. During summer league though, sometimes once or twice I think they might have gotten on the same team.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:52 pm

Deuce wrote:
bbfollower wrote:
balla45 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:

Ali Collins moved from Bismarck to Mandan when she was 3 months old.  Something I find ironic is her parents were living on Century Ave right up the street from CHS.

Since her dad works at the youth corectional center in mandan, its not to irronic figuring it would be at least a 30 mintue drive each day to work
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:21 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
bbfollower wrote:
balla45 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:

Since her dad works at the youth corectional center in mandan, its not to irronic figuring it would be at least a 30 mintue drive each day to work

All I meant was that something as mundane and trivial as looking for a new apartment can make you reflect back 15 years later and think about that the person on the other team might have been your best friend instead of your arch rival.

Last edited by Deuce on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls