How the state A is run

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bruins44 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:19 pm

ndguy256 wrote:I think that they should have it in Grand Forks. Then they could use the Betty and the Ralph and both guys and girls would have their own court and arena. If the Ralph was being used, simply have it at the Hyslop. It would not be that far to walk between them. Then you could use the Betty for the Championship Bracket and it would be more enjoyable, because it was designed for basketball.

Grand Forks is not a basketball town!!!!  if Red River and Central were playing against each other in the State title game and the Sioux Hockey team was playing on TV, there woudnt be anyone at the game... Last year the State A was in Grand Forks and the crowds sucked!!!!!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:10 am

bruins44 wrote:
ndguy256 wrote:I think that they should have it in Grand Forks. Then they could use the Betty and the Ralph and both guys and girls would have their own court and arena. If the Ralph was being used, simply have it at the Hyslop. It would not be that far to walk between them. Then you could use the Betty for the Championship Bracket and it would be more enjoyable, because it was designed for basketball.

Grand Forks is not a basketball town!!!!  if Red River and Central were playing against each other in the State title game and the Sioux Hockey team was playing on TV, there woudnt be anyone at the game... Last year the State A was in Grand Forks and the crowds sucked!!!!!!

Agreed, plus the ralph costs alot more to book im sure then the Alerus ticket prices would be even higher i would think, The ralph is a 100 milllion + facility, and like the bruins44 and ndguy said people would rather watch fighting sioux hockey then basketball in GF. Expecially the first round of WCHA that place is sold out, the basketball games wouldn't sell the ralph out.
Last edited by Ditka14 on Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:12 am

I actually didn't mind the Dome the way they had the last day set up....with the bleachers behind the benches.  I think that if they would set up all the games that way, it would not be so bad.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:46 am

Baller wrote:I actually didn't mind the Dome the way they had the last day set up....with the bleachers behind the benches.  I think that if they would set up all the games that way, it would not be so bad.

That is true you would think that they could do that but i think the bleachers they brought in were the ones from the otherside of the dome. They should just put up some temporary ones.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby No Fear » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:00 am

Put it this way, if other places are costing to must to host a high school state tourney then don't have it there it just hurting there city. They should appreciate the fans and school that want to play in there community. But also to Valley City has a big part it that as well, for example why would you want a 3 class system. Why fix something that is not broke, he all have to say class b is the breed and butter to valley city and know they want to go to a 3 class system to let small towns win a title. I think that is why every one likes class b so much to see which underdog team will be at the state tourney, also that only 1 team goes from each region. So that I am saying move all the tourney's to Bismarck and Minot. Also why would you want to have a state tourney in Jamestown, No rooms there.
No Fear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby laughing@allofyou » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:48 pm

I think that the civic center sounds like a nice place. I look at the distance between all the main places in ND and its the most centered. You figure since people are coming from throughout the state then it would be the best.
laughing@allofyou
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Girls