Wooden and the Braves

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:05 am

John Wooden will be on the sideline with the Mandan Braves in San Diego this summer....wow..

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles ... 130268.txt
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbfollower » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:06 am

What an honor!!!
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmart » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:44 am

That is awesome and well deserved.  I suppose all you at Century think they recruited him.  ha ha
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:36 am

I don't understand why you think it's all century.  I think mandan highly encourages players to attend their school for strictly basketball reasons.  Those t-shirts were made by a non-athlete at century, and minot, dickinson, and bismarck all asked if they could get them.  I would stop blaming them for everything, and listen to every other school in the state.  I have never heard them quote anything in the paper, unlike the minot coach. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsmart » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:37 am

It is all jealousy and everyone needs to get over it.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:41 am

Even if that was true, don't single out any school, when you know very well it is every school.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:49 am

demonfan74 wrote:I don't understand why you think it's all century.  I think mandan highly encourages players to attend their school for strictly basketball reasons.  Those t-shirts were made by a non-athlete at century, and minot, dickinson, and bismarck all asked if they could get them.  I would stop blaming them for everything, and listen to every other school in the state.  I have never heard them quote anything in the paper, unlike the minot coach. 

I find that funny that you say it was a non-athlete at Century that made the shirts, because I saw a post, either on here or on the Bismarck Tribune website that it was someone from BHS that made up the shirts. Maybe CHS and BHS are playing against each other. Kind of amusing.

You are right though, that was very UNPROFESSIONAL of Bruce Anderson to quote something like that to the Minot Daily. Not a smooth move, Ex-Lax.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmart » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:04 am

demonfan74 wrote:Even if that was true, don't single out any school, when you know very well it is every school.
After Centurys behavior at the State A I will single them out. How immature and rude!
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:59 pm

sportsmart wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:Even if that was true, don't single out any school, when you know very well it is every school.
After Centurys behavior at the State A I will single them out. How immature and rude!

What I found immature was seeing the mandan asst. coach salute the century fans as he walked by after their win.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:40 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
sportsmart wrote:

What I found immature was seeing the mandan asst. coach salute the century fans as he walked by after their win.

i find that really funny actually and im not from mandan
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:53 pm

demonfan74 wrote:I don't understand why you think it's all century.  I think mandan highly encourages players to attend their school for strictly basketball reasons.  Those t-shirts were made by a non-athlete at century, and minot, dickinson, and bismarck all asked if they could get them.  I would stop blaming them for everything, and listen to every other school in the state.  I have never heard them quote anything in the paper, unlike the minot coach. 

If Minot is asking for those t-shirts, they shouldn't wear them because we don't really have any "homegrown talent"!
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Uptown » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:55 pm

bbfollower wrote:What an honor!!!

Agreed... it is an honor... I am  not from bis/man so can anyone tell me where these girls are going to college and if they are playing ball... like kielpinski,kelsch, kraft - from mandan and lafrance, jossart, miller - from century. I think these girls are all really good athletes. my favorite two players in the whole state tournament...that i watched on tv was the dl guard privatsky and the mandan guard kraft. I thought it took alot of guts to play after that ankle roll on friday. and to the century players, you are all wonderful athletes and if you are playing college ball you will do big things on the court... so.. who is playing where... can anyone help out an outsider?
Uptown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbfollower » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Uptown wrote:

Agreed... it is an honor... I am  not from bis/man so can anyone tell me where these girls are going to college and if they are playing ball... like kielpinski,kelsch, kraft - from mandan and lafrance, jossart, miller - from century. I think these girls are all really good athletes. my favorite two players in the whole state tournament...that i watched on tv was the dl guard privatsky and the mandan guard kraft. I thought it took alot of guts to play after that ankle roll on friday. and to the century players, you are all wonderful athletes and if you are playing college ball you will do big things on the court... so.. who is playing where... can anyone help out an outsider?

I don't know if Kraft is playing ball next year, but heard she was going to Creighton.  Kielpinski is going to New Mexico.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:56 pm

bbfollower wrote:
Uptown wrote:

I don't know if Kraft is playing ball next year, but heard she was going to Creighton.  Kielpinski is going to New Mexico.
Kraft is not playing bball next year. and yes she is going to Creighton.
Last edited by Strike3? on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whocares? » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:51 pm

sportsmart wrote:

i know there is a hge discussion about this in the mandan vs. chs thread, but tell me one thing that the century fans did wrong at the state basketball tourney?
whocares?

Postby sioux75 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:55 am

I congratulate all of the girls who competed in the tournament.  The tournament is about the players not the fans. 

I want to comment not on what anybody did wrong but on what the players did right.

The tournament was an exciting tournament.  There was an upset, Jamestown, (who  wasn't expected to make it into the tournament), over South.  There were exciting games including Bismarck v. Devil's Lake, Century v. Mandan Century v. Shanley and Mandan v. Devil's Lake.

The girls played hard.  Good athletes stepped up their games, and teams didn't give up even when they were behind, i.e. Devil's Lake v. Bismarck and Mandan, and Mandan v. Century.

Century fans should be proud of their team, the only team to beat Mandan form North Dakota in the last four years.  This was a good rivalry, and because Century  was so good I think it made Mandan better. 

Bismarck also got better playing against Century and Mandan, taking second in the WDA and in the WDA Tournament. 

Mandan girls deserve a lot of credit for winning when it mattered most at the state tournament, and for not losing to any other team in the state, but Century.  It takes not only athletic skills but also a mental toughness to have this kind of success. 

I am looking forward to next year which should be interesting.  

sioux75

Postby bbfollower » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:20 am

sioux75 wrote:I congratulate all of the girls who competed in the tournament.  The tournament is about the players not the fans. 

I want to comment not on what anybody did wrong but on what the players did right.

The tournament was an exciting tournament.  There was an upset, Jamestown, (who  wasn't expected to make it into the tournament), over South.  There were exciting games including Bismarck v. Devil's Lake, Century v. Mandan Century v. Shanley and Mandan v. Devil's Lake.

The girls played hard.  Good athletes stepped up their games, and teams didn't give up even when they were behind, i.e. Devil's Lake v. Bismarck and Mandan, and Mandan v. Century.

Century fans should be proud of their team, the only team to beat Mandan form North Dakota in the last four years.  This was a good rivalry, and because Century  was so good I think it made Mandan better. 

Bismarck also got better playing against Century and Mandan, taking second in the WDA and in the WDA Tournament. 

Mandan girls deserve a lot of credit for winning when it mattered most at the state tournament, and for not losing to any other team in the state, but Century.  It takes not only athletic skills but also a mental toughness to have this kind of success. 

I am looking forward to next year which should be interesting.  

Very well-said.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Chewy » Thu May 10, 2007 6:21 pm

[user=26]point/center[/user] wrote:
John Wooden will be on the sideline with the Mandan Braves in San Diego this summer....wow..

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles ... 130268.txt

That would not have happened had the University of Mary not brought John Wooden to campus this last fall to speak as a kick-off event for the school going NCAA D2. That's how the connection was made. But Mandan deserves it. I was in the bleachers listening to him. What an incredible human being. They'll get a chance to witness it first-hand.
Chewy

Return to Girls