Mandan Braves next year...

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Strike3? » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:12 pm

I know this is a little early but Mandan is returning starters Finlee and Collins and some very good off the bench players in Strandemo and Jensen along with a good JV team they had this year...i think they have a good chance of repeating for a 6th time...any opinions?
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:06 pm

Strike3? wrote:I know this is a little early but Mandan is returning starters Finlee and Collins and some very good off the bench players in Strandemo and Jensen along with a good JV team they had this year...i think they have a good chance of repeating for a 6th time...any opinions?

its goin to be there worse team i think in the 5 year stretch no real inside height that the two keilpinskis brought them in the 5 year run
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:01 pm

i think it will be very tough playing against ashley privrasky and the feeneys but if any team can do it the mandan braves can

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:24 am

Those were the first two teams to pop in my head.  I think bhs has the best legitimate shot, simply because they return three solid posts and they'll have okay guards (not very good, but they are quick).  DL would be my second pick, but I think teams are going to key in on privatsky even more, because they are losing too many key players that relieve pressure from her.   
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ol_Husky » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:05 pm

Bismarck and Jamestown will give Mandan a run for it in 08.  Privatsky IS exceptional, but without a supporting cast, it will be 5 against 1 every time out.
Ol_Husky

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Ol_Husky wrote:Bismarck and Jamestown will give Mandan a run for it in 08.  Privatsky IS exceptional, but without a supporting cast, it will be 5 against 1 every time out.

it will be interesting to see how marlee finlee does next year i think she was gettin around 25 a game in b her sophomore year maybe she picks up the scoring with kielpinski and kelsch leaving i think ali collins is the key for mandan but it will be tough to beat a devils lake team with ashley

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:45 pm

Devils Lake will finish in the top 3 in the EDC.  I think Shanley will win it again with DL and South and maybe Red River the top 4.  It will be very hard for one guard to dominate the conference.  DL has some supporting cast but will not be the same team next year.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDVBBB » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:25 pm

In my humble opinion, BHS will be the top team to beat - returning all but 1 starter - ranked 2nd in state this year, losing only to Mandan & Devils Lake.  Mandan will be tough with Collins, Finley, Jensen & Strandemo leading the team.  Don't forget Jamestown, they were almost all underclass players with Morgan Dale leading them.  Century will be rebuilding, losing 6 seniors.

East will be Shanley & Devils Lake again. 
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bawlhogg701 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:48 pm

Is a 6-peat possible? I think Mandan's girls team is capable of anything especially with the coach they have.  They'll have Collins and Finley returning, both great ball handlers and shooters.  The problem Mandan will run into though will be the post position...how can you replace the two excellant centers they had this year?
<{I Ball}>
bawlhogg701
NDPreps Starter

Postby sioux75 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:09 pm

In the west Bismarck should be favored because they bring back almost all of their team and have good height.  But having the best players doesn't necessarily mean you will win. 

You can't count Mandan out.  If the girls continue the hard work in the off season, and with their winning tradition, Mandan will still be the team to beat.  Their junior varsity only lost 1 game and that was without Collins, and with Strandemo and Jensen only playing one half.  Their Sophomore team was 14-3.

Jamestown has promise but will have to show that it can step it up to the next level of competition.  Century loses a lot of talented players, too many to challenge for the state title next year, but has a good young group coming up.

Devils Lake will have Privatsky back, and she should be a favorite for Ms. Basketball, but they graduate some good players:  Hanson, Soper, Black, Kuntz, Mertens, and Burtness.  Shanley will have the height back, but can they replace the playmaking ability of Schuler who made the team and the other players so much better this year?   South always has a good team that is in the thick of the EDC, and I think they will be back next year as well, and may have something to prove after an 0-2 state record this year. 
sioux75

Postby 3sport » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:20 pm

i think bismarck should be very good next year and mandan right behind, they just dont have the height
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:07 pm

In the East my prediction:

1: Shanley - Return three 6' juniors and 1 good guard.  Lose a lot in Shuler and Bowars but Jacobson will be able to make them number one in the EDC again next year.

2: Red River - Lose only one senior that saw limited playing time this year.  Wheeler and Smith will lead the team to a #2 finish next year.

3: South - lose starters that were much of their scoring.   Haring and Stroup will lead a young south team next year.

5: DL - A.P. is a great player but DL lost everyone except for her this year.  Teams will double her and it will be 1 v 5.  I don't see them winning many with the load of talent they lost

6: Wahp - Will return most of their players to a team that improved much as the season went on.  Lexi Braun is a very good player for them who doesn't get much credit.  This Wahp team could suprise people next year.

7,8,9 - FN will be bad.  Central can't say but i don't see them winning many.  VC hasn't won a conference game in 2 yrs and i don't see that changing except maybe a win over FN.

Can't Predict the whole West but Bismarck has to be the favorite to win it all...finally the Mandan streak will come to an end!!
Last edited by bballfan1 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:12 pm

3sport wrote:i think bismarck should be very good next year and mandan right behind, they just dont have the height

finlee jensen levi and i hear about a freshman a winker or sumthin like that

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbfollower » Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:23 am

Yes, Brittany Winkler. Also, perhaps Steph Pederson.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Cross_over » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:23 am

I agree with cdub mandan is gonna have to work for there spot this year. It will be intresting to watch girls this year should be some closer games then past years. I guess we will never know until the season starts!:?
Cross_over
NDPreps Starter

Postby SDHoops » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:54 pm

Mandan blew out SF Roosevelt from SD in a blowout this summer (the #1 ranked team all regular season in SD "AA" last year)...so yeah I would think it's reload not rebuild. If you don't consider Mandan the crop of the creme you are in sheer denial. Yes, games will be closer. They got blown out by state all-star teams with rosters full of D1 signees at the Dakota Showcase in Sioux Falls, but against high school teams all summer they weren't really tested.

Their boys might be good also.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:52 am

SDHoops wrote:Mandan blew out SF Roosevelt from SD in a blowout this summer (the #1 ranked team all regular season in SD "AA" last year)...so yeah I would think it's reload not rebuild. If you don't consider Mandan the crop of the creme you are in sheer denial. Yes, games will be closer. They got blown out by state all-star teams with rosters full of D1 signees at the Dakota Showcase in Sioux Falls, but against high school teams all summer they weren't really tested.

The only problem with that logic is that in past years mandan was beating those all star teams regularly - nearly every summer tourney they went to they either won or finished near the top - always against all star teams.  I'm not saying they won't be good, its tough to get over the intimidation factor and tradition, but Bismarck High has better overall talent this year - bhs is the team to beat, followed closely by mandan, then maybe jamestown.  as much as i hate to say it, the east is lagging behind again!
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:48 am

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
SDHoops wrote:Mandan blew out SF Roosevelt from SD in a blowout this summer (the #1 ranked team all regular season in SD "AA" last year)...so yeah I would think it's reload not rebuild. If you don't consider Mandan the crop of the creme you are in sheer denial. Yes, games will be closer. They got blown out by state all-star teams with rosters full of D1 signees at the Dakota Showcase in Sioux Falls, but against high school teams all summer they weren't really tested.

The only problem with that logic is that in past years mandan was beating those all star teams regularly - nearly every summer tourney they went to they either won or finished near the top - always against all star teams.  I'm not saying they won't be good, its tough to get over the intimidation factor and tradition, but Bismarck High has better overall talent this year - bhs is the team to beat, followed closely by mandan, then maybe jamestown.  as much as i hate to say it, the east is lagging behind again!

i still don't think bhs is the team to beat they Might look more talented on paper big Might but until they actually beat mandan they are still number 2

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby King James » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:43 am

bhs wont beat them there coaching staff is terrible and they havent figured out the press the last 5 years.. they turned it over 30 times last year against them over in mandan
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:34 am

I don't know how you can say BHS is the "team to beat" when you have Mandan who has won the past 4 state championships.  Mandan should be the favorite until someone else wins a state championship.  But this year I think BHS will be able to compete with Mandan and I really can see them winning WDA and state.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Well, there's no doubt mandan had their number last year, bhs got blown out all 3 times they played, but this is another year...i still think they're the team to beat, but we'll see.  i know mandan will still be good, i just think their going to miss kielpinski more than everyone thinks - she just took so much pressure off the guards against pressure, was able to get easy putbacks, contested shots, etc. etc.  There's a reason she's D1.  They don't have anyone nearly as good as she was.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:46 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:Well, there's no doubt mandan had their number last year, bhs got blown out all 3 times they played, but this is another year...i still think they're the team to beat, but we'll see.  i know mandan will still be good, i just think their going to miss kielpinski more than everyone thinks - she just took so much pressure off the guards against pressure, was able to get easy putbacks, contested shots, etc. etc.  There's a reason she's D1.  They don't have anyone nearly as good as she was.

Do you realize Collins is going D-1 also?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:00 pm

balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:Well, there's no doubt mandan had their number last year, bhs got blown out all 3 times they played, but this is another year...i still think they're the team to beat, but we'll see.  i know mandan will still be good, i just think their going to miss kielpinski more than everyone thinks - she just took so much pressure off the guards against pressure, was able to get easy putbacks, contested shots, etc. etc.  There's a reason she's D1.  They don't have anyone nearly as good as she was.

no, actually i didn't...where did she sign at?
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:02 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:

She has not signed, only a junior.  She does have multiple offers though.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:15 pm

balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:

She has not signed, only a junior.  She does have multiple offers though.

well then, until she signs at a D1 school, she's not D1 yet.  I'm not saying she's not a great player, obviously being able to start for mandan as a soph, she has tons of skills.  and don't get me wrong - i hope she does sign at a D1 school - the more ND kids playing D1 the better!  the whole idea of my original post was that kielpinski made everyone around her so much better because of all the attention put on her by the other teams and that this coming season mandan will not be as good because of her absence, i wasn't trying to slam their other players, but the fact remains they don't have anyone as good as kielpinsi was.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls