Mandan Braves next year...

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby balla45 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:24 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:Well, there's no doubt mandan had their number last year, bhs got blown out all 3 times they played, but this is another year...i still think they're the team to beat, but we'll see.  i know mandan will still be good, i just think their going to miss kielpinski more than everyone thinks - she just took so much pressure off the guards against pressure, was able to get easy putbacks, contested shots, etc. etc.  There's a reason she's D1.  They don't have anyone nearly as good as she was.

Do you realize Collins is going D-1 also?
no, actually i didn't...where did she sign at?

She has not signed, only a junior.  She does have multiple offers though.

well then, until she signs at a D1 school, she's not D1 yet.  I'm not saying she's not a great player, obviously being able to start for mandan as a soph, she has tons of skills.  and don't get me wrong - i hope she does sign at a D1 school - the more ND kids playing D1 the better!  the whole idea of my original post was that kielpinski made everyone around her so much better because of all the attention put on her by the other teams and that this coming season mandan will not be as good because of her absence, i wasn't trying to slam their other players, but the fact remains they don't have anyone as good as kielpinsi was.

Kielpinski is impossible to replace that is true, but next year Collins will be the focus of the offense and I think that will be very effective for Mandan.  They still have some height in Paige Jensen and Breanna Levi.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:28 pm

balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:Well, there's no doubt mandan had their number last year, bhs got blown out all 3 times they played, but this is another year...i still think they're the team to beat, but we'll see.  i know mandan will still be good, i just think their going to miss kielpinski more than everyone thinks - she just took so much pressure off the guards against pressure, was able to get easy putbacks, contested shots, etc. etc.  There's a reason she's D1.  They don't have anyone nearly as good as she was.

well then, until she signs at a D1 school, she's not D1 yet.  I'm not saying she's not a great player, obviously being able to start for mandan as a soph, she has tons of skills.  and don't get me wrong - i hope she does sign at a D1 school - the more ND kids playing D1 the better!  the whole idea of my original post was that kielpinski made everyone around her so much better because of all the attention put on her by the other teams and that this coming season mandan will not be as good because of her absence, i wasn't trying to slam their other players, but the fact remains they don't have anyone as good as kielpinsi was.

Kielpinski is impossible to replace that is true, but next year Collins will be the focus of the offense and I think that will be very effective for Mandan.  They still have some height in Paige Jensen and Breanna Levi.
yeah, collins will be their stud, no doubt.  one of those other posts will have to step up though if its to be a 6-peat!:)  of course, what do i know?  they could just as easily go 25-0 and not be challenged!
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:33 pm

balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:

You still need to rebound and have a force in the middle.  However, look at DL last year.  Average height but WOW did they ran the floor well. 

It's a two edge sword.  You need a presence in the middle and the guards to match.  I don't think their is a single team in the state that have what Mandan had last year.  So it will be interesting to see which team will come out on top.  The team wil the force in the middle (BHS) or the team with the guards (Mandan) who run the floor well.

I don't think people should discount the EDC.  Shanley and South should both be considered.  They have the force inside but do they have the guards to contend with the West????
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:16 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I also have to add one more thing, because Collins has not signed yet you say she can't be called D-1.  Can Dufault be called D-1 since he has not signed then?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby squeak63 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:29 pm

balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I also have to add one more thing, because Collins has not signed yet you say she can't be called D-1.  Can Dufault be called D-1 since he has not signed then?

i dont completly know if this is true or not but i heard somewhere that colleges cant offer anyone a scholorship untill after their junior year? i just would find it weird for someone to be signed before there junior year started... why even try in school? but then again when i think about it wasn't kelpinski signed either before or during her junior year.... i dont know could someone please fill me in here
Academics Athletics Excellence
lost count of how many state championships
squeak63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:26 pm

i think you can offer them during their junior year
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:26 am

I remember reading in the tribune in September of her senior year that she signed (verbaled) with the University of New Mexico.  I think Privasky verbally commited to UND at the end of her Junior year.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:31 am

You can verbal at any time....I think they can make offers at any time after your sophomore season...you can't sign until early signing, November of your senior year.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:35 am

That would make sense why Collins has not signed D-1 yet.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SDHoops » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:37 am

Anyone hear how Jessica and her mom are doing since their car crash? I hope this will not affect her ball season at UNM...

A college can offer whenver they want...they just can't do it directly until the junior year...don't you guys know of the kid from Illinois who verbaled to USC as an 8th grader? Well don't quote me, but I think the coach makes the offer through the AAU or high school coach, not directly
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:39 am

WOW, that 8th grader must have been good!!  Was he Michael Jordan's son??:D
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:33 am

SDHoops wrote:Anyone hear how Jessica and her mom are doing since their car crash? I hope this will not affect her ball season at UNM...

A college can offer whenver they want...they just can't do it directly until the junior year...don't you guys know of the kid from Illinois who verbaled to USC as an 8th grader? Well don't quote me, but I think the coach makes the offer through the AAU or high school coach, not directly

They can make an offer, but can't put it in writing and therefore they are not bound by that offer and can pull it at any time.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:12 am

Baller wrote:
SDHoops wrote:Anyone hear how Jessica and her mom are doing since their car crash? I hope this will not affect her ball season at UNM...

They can make an offer, but can't put it in writing and therefore they are not bound by that offer and can pull it at any time.

When can they put an offer in writing?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:28 am

Eminence wrote:
Baller wrote:

When can they put an offer in writing?

I think after the soph season
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:42 am

Baller wrote:You can verbal at any time....I think they can make offers at any time after your sophomore season...you can't sign until early signing, November of your senior year.

:?:? Senior year or Sophmore year??  Does anyone know who else has D-1 offers besides Collins and Privasky??  What about Finley or Feeney? 
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby trackbbfan » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:44 am

Alex Feeney verbally committed to Augustana.
trackbbfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:23 am

messer committed to Mary....I don't think Finley is good enough to go anywhere but a DAC school
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:45 am

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership_svcs/recruiting_calendars/2007-08/womens_basketball.pdf

according to this....a college cannot even contact an athlete until Sept. of the their Junior year
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ball23 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 am

Eminence wrote:
Baller wrote:You can verbal at any time....I think they can make offers at any time after your sophomore season...you can't sign until early signing, November of your senior year.

:?:? Senior year or Sophmore year??  Does anyone know who else has D-1 offers besides Collins and Privasky??  What about Finley or Feeney? 

Don't quote me but I had over heard from a couple of coaches that Shaunna Knife has been getting D-I offers. Just what I heard don't really know if it's true, I wouldn't be surprised if it is though.
ball23

Postby Eminence » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:02 am

ball23 wrote:
Eminence wrote:

Don't quote me but I had over heard from a couple of coaches that Shaunna Knife has been getting D-I offers. Just what I heard don't really know if it's true, I wouldn't be surprised if it is though.

Augustana and Mary are good D-II schools but does anyone know what schools are looking at Collins and Knife?
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby SDHoops » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:59 pm

Eminence wrote:
ball23 wrote:
Eminence wrote:

Augustana and Mary are good D-II schools but does anyone know what schools are looking at Collins and Knife?
I've been told what schools are looking at Knife and Finley but I was sworn to secrecy. I was specifically told NOT to put it on this website so I will hold true!
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:05 pm

SDHoops wrote:
Eminence wrote:
ball23 wrote:
Eminence wrote:

I've been told what schools are looking at Knife and Finley but I was sworn to secrecy. I was specifically told NOT to put it on this website so I will hold true!

secrets are just lies anyway sdhoops...:wisper1:
rep

Postby balla45 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:10 pm

rep wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Eminence wrote:
ball23 wrote:
Eminence wrote:

secrets are just lies anyway sdhoops...:wisper1:

I see where SDHoops is coming from, I got a very good idea what kind of schools are looking at Collins, but I am not going to be the person to tell people what schools they are.  If the player want people to know, that person can be the one telling people.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:11 pm

you sound like my teenagers, rep....snicker, snicker:D
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:45 am

The ND Hoopster ranked Mandan #1 in both WDA and State. I agree with the fact that until you beat the number one team, you cannot be rated number 1.  Also, the coaching staff will be the difference in the outcome of the games between Mandan and BHS.  I don't know if BHS will be ready but I would bet Mandan will. 

Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls