Mandan vs. Devils Lake

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 666 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:12 pm

These two teams are going at it in the title game so let's hear what u have to say...i think i already know there will be a lot of people saying mandan big but who knows no one thought DL would beat bismark...Also mandan's top dog didnt play to well this last game and i think that benefits DL for tom...dont get me wrong i think that Mandan will win but it will be closer than expected.

Postby O_Snap » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 pm

666 wrote:These two teams are going at it in the title game so let's hear what u have to say...i think i already know there will be a lot of people saying mandan big but who knows no one thought DL would beat bismark...Also mandan's top dog didnt play to well this last game and i think that benefits DL for tom...dont get me wrong i think that Mandan will win but it will be closer than expected.

Top dawg as in Kielpinski?? And her not having a GREAT game tonite will only make it worse for DL tomarrow night... But with the status of Mic Kraft unknown that could be huge for DL... Kielpinski and Kelsch will dominate the inside all the way to a 5th straight Trophy!
O_Snap

Postby NDbballfan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:47 am

I'm usually not a DL fan...but I'll cheer anyday for DL over Mandan.  Good luck DL girls!!!!!
NDbballfan

Postby bbfollower » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:50 am

I think it will be a very close game and I think the Mandan girls are aware of that. They don't take anyone for granted. Hopefully Mic will be healthy.  I think it will be a barn burner.  
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:08 am

O_Snap wrote:
666 wrote:These two teams are going at it in the title game so let's hear what u have to say...i think i already know there will be a lot of people saying mandan big but who knows no one thought DL would beat bismark...Also mandan's top dog didnt play to well this last game and i think that benefits DL for tom...dont get me wrong i think that Mandan will win but it will be closer than expected.

Top dawg as in Kielpinski?? And her not having a GREAT game tonite will only make it worse for DL tomarrow night... But with the status of Mic Kraft unknown that could be huge for DL... Kielpinski and Kelsch will dominate the inside all the way to a 5th straight Trophy!

she said last night she'll be playing on saturday
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:03 am

Hopefully the dynasty comes to an end tonight.  :D
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby all_star_22 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:08 am

What time is the game?
all_star_22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby vikes_fan » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:41 am

Stromer wrote:Hopefully the dynasty comes to an end tonight.  :D

It wont
vikes_fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby roughrider125 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:00 am

vikes_fan wrote:
Stromer wrote:Hopefully the dynasty comes to an end tonight.  :D

It wont

it won't but the wouldn't it be great if it did!!!  I'm not a big fan of DL and i really don't like their coaches but tonight im their biggest fan!
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby fightingsioux20 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:16 am

Go Devils Lake! I hope ashley shoots the lights out!
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby shs01240 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:06 pm

it'll be interesting to see the defensive adjustments if any mandan makes.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:49 pm

Goliath holds on to win.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:27 pm

If Mandan is in a league of their own, then DL is the ND state champs?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby WildWarrior » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:58 pm

Props to the Lady Firebirds for a well played game.  I had my doubts after the first five minutes but overall it was a good game.  I am having trouble believing the difference between the Semis against Jamestown and tonight.  Yesterday looked like a hockey game with contact all over and no whistles and tonight every tacky foul was called.  IMO Kielpinski was allowed over the back a couple of times but again that is my humble opinion.  Congrats again to the Lady Firebirds and Lady Braves.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:08 pm

Were you at the game or did you watch on TV?

I had the sound off and watched on TV.  I thought that the girls expected more fouls to be called.  They all stopped and looked around on several occasions.  I thought there should have been more fouls called.  Mostly in the last 5 minutes.  Both ways.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby WildWarrior » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:12 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:Were you at the game or did you watch on TV?

I had the sound off and watched on TV.  I thought that the girls expected more fouls to be called.  They all stopped and looked around on several occasions.  I thought there should have been more fouls called.  Mostly in the last 5 minutes.  Both ways.

I watched on TV as well.  It got better as the game went on I should have been more specific as I was referring to the 1st 7 or 8 minutes.  I can definitly think of a couple examples where I thought they would call a foul, especially when Terra Mertens crawled over a Mandan player for the loose ball.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:50 pm

Privratsky is amazing....she sprained her ankle at the shoot around this morning, twisted it in the first half and again in the second half.  You could tell she was hurting and was tough as nails during this game.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndguy256 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:11 pm

Baller wrote:Privratsky is amazing....she sprained her ankle at the shoot around this morning, twisted it in the first half and again in the second half.  You could tell she was hurting and was tough as nails during this game.

You call that amazing?  I heard that Kraft's ankle sweeled up to the size of a grapefruit on Friday night, and she played most of the game.

Plus if you really want to talk about being tough as nails you need look no further than Kelsch.  She has a broken foot, a bad knee, and has rolled her ankle numerous times this year, yet she not cool it up and keeps on playing.  At one point in the game tonight she got hurt, and was limping a little and grimacing, but she shook it off and stepped up because they needed her.  So while I commend Privatsky for playing through pain, I think Kelsch is truly the definition of tough as nails.
ndguy256
NDPreps Rookie

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:26 pm

i was at the game today, and i was impressed with both teams. Mandan came out just like it was any other game, and looked in control, while DL look nervous and very hesitant with their decisions with the ball. but as soon as they got the hang of it, they played excellent. Their posts played very well against Mandans stud interior. I just think that if DL would have used their speed to their advantage more and pressed like Mandan did, maybe the outcome would have been different. Mandan is a very good team, but DL is the best homegrown team in the state.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby threeball » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:26 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:i was at the game today, and i was impressed with both teams. Mandan came out just like it was any other game, and looked in control, while DL look nervous and very hesitant with their decisions with the ball. but as soon as they got the hang of it, they played excellent. Their posts played very well against Mandans stud interior. I just think that if DL would have used their speed to their advantage more and pressed like Mandan did, maybe the outcome would have been different. Mandan is a very good team, but DL is the best homegrown team in the state.

yup deucetrey dl has the best "homegrown" talent because mandans "recruits" finlee and taken alive really took over this game didnt they? its pathetic how people have to come up with excuse after excuse.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:58 pm

threeball wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:i was at the game today, and i was impressed with both teams. Mandan came out just like it was any other game, and looked in control, while DL look nervous and very hesitant with their decisions with the ball. but as soon as they got the hang of it, they played excellent. Their posts played very well against Mandans stud interior. I just think that if DL would have used their speed to their advantage more and pressed like Mandan did, maybe the outcome would have been different. Mandan is a very good team, but DL is the best homegrown team in the state.

yup deucetrey dl has the best "homegrown" talent because mandans "recruits" finlee and taken alive really took over this game didnt they? its pathetic how people have to come up with excuse after excuse.

ya i know keilpinski kelsch and collins dint affect the game much they were just all on the all tournament team but i heard kielpinski is really from russia and was brought here secretly 8 years ago with rebecca and bryan in hopes of making mandan an amazing team then they picked up aleshia collins from the sudan tribe in africa hoping she would become 6'7'' and kelsch is the"homegrown" talent

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flyguy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:03 pm

cdub1 wrote:
threeball wrote:

ya i know keilpinski kelsch and collins dint affect the game much they were just all on the all tournament team but i heard kielpinski is really from russia and was brought here secretly 8 years ago with rebecca and bryan in hopes of making mandan an amazing team then they picked up aleshia collins from the sudan tribe in africa hoping she would become 6'7'' and kelsch is the"homegrown" talent

i knew there talent was to good to be true
flyguy

Postby arsnl7 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:05 pm

cdub1 wrote:
threeball wrote:

Actually, I heard that Kelsch moved here from Iceland in 7th grade, but I could be mistaken.
arsnl7

Postby NDVBBB » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:35 pm

Mandan hit 5-12 3 pointers to beat Century and hit 1-13 3 pointers against Devils Lake.  Mandan's only lucky they saved their worst 3 point output for Devils Lake.  The 3 pointer lifted Mandan over Century at critical times in the game.  A 1-13 3 point effort against Century could have had Mandan playing for 3rd.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby finfam06 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:03 am

NDVBBB wrote:Mandan hit 5-12 3 pointers to beat Century and hit 1-13 3 pointers against Devils Lake.  Mandan's only lucky they saved their worst 3 point output for Devils Lake.  The 3 pointer lifted Mandan over Century at critical times in the game.  A 1-13 3 point effort against Century could have had Mandan playing for 3rd.

Watched the game on TV! Heard my Niece was pretty sick with flu on Wednesday and had to go to the doctor for medication. Talked with my nephew Val and he said Marlee played with the flu but that was not an excuse and said that DL surprised everyone with their quickness and athleticism. It was good to see a DL hang with Mandan and to make it a great game to watch! My hats off to the Mandan Braves and Devils Lake Firebirds! Both showed a lot of class in the state championship game!
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls