Mandan vs. Devils Lake

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Carl08 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:37 pm

I watched a lot of class A girls basketball this year and although i've questioned the DL coaching staff's decisions in some areas from what i've heard and seen their girls are the classiest in the state.  Congrats to the DL team for playing their best bball at the end of the year...when it counts...If that nasty Mandan press wouldn't have put them in a hole early...it might not have been 5 in a row! 
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby finfam06 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:35 am

Carl08 wrote:I watched a lot of class A girls basketball this year and although i've questioned the DL coaching staff's decisions in some areas from what i've heard and seen their girls are the classiest in the state.  Congrats to the DL team for playing their best bball at the end of the year...when it counts...If that nasty Mandan press wouldn't have put them in a hole early...it might not have been 5 in a row! 

No excuses, Mandan drive for five is now in the history books!
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:40 am

finfam06 wrote:
Carl08 wrote:I watched a lot of class A girls basketball this year and although i've questioned the DL coaching staff's decisions in some areas from what i've heard and seen their girls are the classiest in the state.  Congrats to the DL team for playing their best bball at the end of the year...when it counts...If that nasty Mandan press wouldn't have put them in a hole early...it might not have been 5 in a row! 

No one is making excuses...he was referring to the mandan press and how it put DL down by 15 to start the game.  Doesn't sound like much of an excuse, just an observation.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby roughrider125 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:22 am

finfam06 wrote:

It wasn't an excuse!  I was complementing DL's effort.  Mandan's press is crazy good and they got in a hole early but they fought back hard and what i was saying is they gave themselves a chance...in no way did i mean to say it was a fluke or they SHOULD'VE won
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls