Century vs Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:41 pm

Mandan 35
Century  42

14 left
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:44 pm

point/center wrote:Mandan 35
Century  42

14 left

more updates??
rep

Postby philshometown » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:48 pm

tied at 43 with 12 minutes to go
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:52 pm

47-46 Century

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:56 pm

51-49 Century
8:50

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:02 pm

Mandan 56
Century 54
6:35

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:03 pm

Mandan 58

Century 54

about 5:30 left
ndsubball

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:05 pm

Mic Kraft just rolled an ankle something nasty..ouch..

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:13 pm

64-59 Mandan
1:38

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:15 pm

65-62 Mandan
Century with the ball
1:11

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:18 pm

67-63 Mandan
20 seconds left
Century ball

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:21 pm

not an upset...but a nice game.
Mandan wins 70-63

Mandan vs DL for all the marbles

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby flyguy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:00 pm

Centurys sportsmanship was aweful at the game. First off their tshirts are extremely trashy. Their home grown talent will likely be good enough for a 3rd place finish. Second off their are no rules against recruiting so get off Greg Amundsons back!!!!Third off during the introductions it was aweful that they all held newspapers during the mandan introductions(newspapers were taken because of bad content) and then at the end of the introductions they threw them away meaning mandan is trash. Grow up century fans and kids and most of all parents.
flyguy

Postby cornerback*22 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:04 pm

flyguy wrote:Centurys sportsmanship was aweful at the game. First off their tshirts are extremely trashy. Their home grown talent will likely be good enough for a 3rd place finish. Second off their are no rules against recruiting so get off Greg Amundsons back!!!!Third off during the introductions it was aweful that they all held newspapers during the mandan introductions(newspapers were taken because of bad content) and then at the end of the introductions they threw them away meaning mandan is trash. Grow up century fans and kids and most of all parents.

i totally agree they completely unsportsanlike, the flyers they gave out about the school song was disgusting, and i thought at least the parents would be more classy, but no, they turned their backs when mandan was getting introduced
cornerback*22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:54 pm

cornerback*22 wrote:
flyguy wrote:Centurys sportsmanship was aweful at the game. First off their tshirts are extremely trashy. Their home grown talent will likely be good enough for a 3rd place finish. Second off their are no rules against recruiting so get off Greg Amundsons back!!!!Third off during the introductions it was aweful that they all held newspapers during the mandan introductions(newspapers were taken because of bad content) and then at the end of the introductions they threw them away meaning mandan is trash. Grow up century fans and kids and most of all parents.

i totally agree they completely unsportsanlike, the flyers they gave out about the school song was disgusting, and i thought at least the parents would be more classy, but no, they turned their backs when mandan was getting introduced

what was on the trashy t-shirts?
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:40 pm

Sounds pretty sweet to me.  Gosh there are limits to sportsmanship and then there are limits.  Razzing the opponent by doing suff like this is classic.  Sportsmanship has a boundary that sometimes gets crossed but this aint one of those times.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:45 pm

The T shirts were very nice and directly to the point they read "we love our HOME GROWN talent which is very true you cannot recruit the only way is if you are a private school CHS never brought in a class B girl or had a girl from Willy magically come to their school and one of the reasonsyou dont like that is because you either like or play soccer and cross country ( limited fan base) most basketball people wuldnt like that but hockey fans eat it up i find it rather commical i feel you are the ones who need to grow up after all your not going to make a big deal out of a "phraise" are you
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby O_Snap » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 pm

Saucesauer wrote:The T shirts were very nice and directly to the point they read "we love our HOME GROWN talent which is very true you cannot recruit the only way is if you are a private school CHS never brought in a class B girl or had a girl from Willy magically come to their school and one of the reasonsyou dont like that is because you either like or play soccer and cross country ( limited fan base) most basketball people wuldnt like that but hockey fans eat it up i find it rather commical i feel you are the ones who need to grow up after all your not going to make a big deal out of a "phraise" are you

blah...blah...blah  So when CHS loses we bring up the famous "recruiting"....  The crap gets old who cares have CHS go recruit if you think thats what mandan's doing..... Quit complaining because CHS lost... o yeah and its "phrase"
O_Snap

Postby bbfollower » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:12 am

I still find this "recruiting" subject lame. What does anyone think that Amundson offers these supposed recruits.  A new Cadillac, a million dollars, a new house, a scholarship to attend Mandan High. Oh yeah, that is right public education is free.  People just need to get over this jealousy thing. These girls are some of the nicest girls around and they work hard for their achievements. They have a head coach that puts his heart and soul into his work and sacrifices for them.  I do not see Bismarck High being bashed for them having excellent wrestling teams, although I am not a wrestling fan, so don't read up too much about it, but don't see the controversy being there. I realize that Mandan plays with a target on their back and for the most part they are hated across North Dakota, which is unfortunate. I also realize that there are always going to be rivalries, however, this has gotten a little out of hand as far as the finger pointing goes. Show respect for your fellow human beings, whether it be a Fargo team, Grand Forks, Jamestown, Dickinson, etc. or even Mandan, hard as it seems to be for a few people.  

Also, no, I am not a parent of any of the girls, so have no real stake in this other than to be a fan of the Mandan Braves.  
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:06 am

recruiting/transferring/open enrollment call it whatever you want. But would you rather play for Phil Jackson or Michael Jackson? Can't blame the kids for wanting to play for the best coach. Besides having talent on a team, they still have to win.

There have been many many talented teams that havent wont. I give coaching at the HS level more credit than the players.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby sioux75 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:07 am

Good comments.  Coaching is important in getting the players ready over the season and getting them to put in the work in the offseason.  It is also important when the coach can keep calm and show stablilty for the players.  The players see that don't panic, they know that they can do it.  Amundson and his coaching staff of Peterson, Goeke and Girard do all of this well.  And while I don't expect Amundson to get coach of the year, I think he should. 

It also helps to have players like Kelsch, Kraft and Kielpinski, who can come up with the good defensive play, make a key basket and knock down some pressure free throws.  Mandan will miss those players next year as well as Hermanson and Gannon, who all year have come off the bench and made key baskets and defensive plays.   
sioux75

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:35 pm

Saucesauer wrote:The T shirts were very nice and directly to the point they read "we love our HOME GROWN talent which is very true you cannot recruit the only way is if you are a private school CHS never brought in a class B girl or had a girl from Willy magically come to their school and one of the reasonsyou dont like that is because you either like or play soccer and cross country ( limited fan base) most basketball people wuldnt like that but hockey fans eat it up i find it rather commical i feel you are the ones who need to grow up after all your not going to make a big deal out of a "phraise" are you

Ok this willy girl that just appeared on amundsons door step. It was for his job and obviously it was for his job because they might be moving again not to WILLY to colorado or wyomming.

Every team in the state minus mandan, needs to start a summer program like amundson running k-8th grade summer camps all summer long. Having there coaches put in the 40 hours a week amundson does for his love for the game teaching these kids the game for when they are 8th graders there playing with sophmore and jv players.

There is a reason mandan is so good there coaching staff does work more then just during the 3 month season. They have a passion for the game other coaches don't put forward. Mandan was held together during these streches by great players born and raised in mandan. Heidi Zander, heather zander, Jay Amundson, Angie Frenzel, Kari Hanson, kasey schlosser the keilpinski's these girls started the whole mandan tradition not these two people that came in over the last three years. They helped but these two people didn't make the team there are still 4 more girls playing on the court. Look at justin belhovek on the boys team he couldn't carry that team by himself theres more to it then just having 2 girls moving in three years.
Last edited by Ditka14 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby threeball » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:18 pm

sioux75 wrote:Good comments.  Coaching is important in getting the players ready over the season and getting them to put in the work in the offseason.  It is also important when the coach can keep calm and show stablilty for the players.  The players see that don't panic, they know that they can do it.  Amundson and his coaching staff of Peterson, Goeke and Girard do all of this well.  And while I don't expect Amundson to get coach of the year, I think he should. 

It also helps to have players like Kelsch, Kraft and Kielpinski, who can come up with the good defensive play, make a key basket and knock down some pressure free throws.  Mandan will miss those players next year as well as Hermanson and Gannon, who all year have come off the bench and made key baskets and defensive plays.   

how does amundson never win coach of the year. its a joke
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballstud101 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:50 am

cornerback*22 wrote:

I am a Century fan and was at the game on Friday and I feel we need to set a few things straight.

First off, Century did NOT print up flyers about the school song. I have heard rumors as to what school did but as I am not 100% positive, and I'm not going to be starting anymore rumors as to who did print them but I can say for sure that is was NOT Century.

Second, I do not understand why people are so offended by our shirts that say "WE love our Home Grown Talent." We are not saying anything about any school other than Century and if anyone is offended by them, then their talent must not be home grown and that is not our problem.

Third, The newspapers during introductions is not a new thing. As Century students, we have done that lots of times this year and it is not just a vs. Mandan thing. Also, what are you suppose to do with the newspapers when the introductions are over, put them on a nice neat pile? No you crumple them up because it is game time. If Mandan people took that the wrong way then they must have really low self-esteem, which again is not our problem.

However, one thing Century students did not do is shout their mascot during the national anthem after we have just been told to be respectful. People are thinking about their friends and family over fighting for our county in Iraq and I find it rude and inappropriate that Mandan fans did that during our national anthem.
bballstud101
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballstud101 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:52 am

threeball wrote:
sioux75 wrote:Good comments.  Coaching is important in getting the players ready over the season and getting them to put in the work in the offseason.  It is also important when the coach can keep calm and show stablilty for the players.  The players see that don't panic, they know that they can do it.  Amundson and his coaching staff of Peterson, Goeke and Girard do all of this well.  And while I don't expect Amundson to get coach of the year, I think he should. 

how does amundson never win coach of the year. its a joke
I can tell you why amundson never wins coach of the year, because he runs up the score and puts his starters back in a game when Mandan is already up by 50 points.
bballstud101
NDPreps Rookie

Next

Return to Girls