Century vs Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:53 pm

bballstud101 wrote:
REbound wrote:It really amazes me that you arm chair coaches think that you know the game.  Look at the stats.  Jessica K. and the rest of the starts play just about half of the game.  Mandan has never put their starters in at the end of a game.  You said that your do not want to start any more rumors.  If you do not know the facts, please do not open your mouth.  A Bismarck high parent is the one who wrote the school song.  I know this for a fact.  The Century fan held up signs during the game about they love their home grown talent.  Jeske given his team host a shirt like that to wear during the game is very low class.
Then you must not have been at the Mandan- Red River game at state this year because Mandan was already up by 50 points and Amandson put his starts back in with 6 minutes left. I know, I was there. I also talked to a Red River parent later that day and she said her daughter was so humiliated after the game that she did not want to come out of the locker room and I think that is terrible for high school sports.

thats rediculous i was there as well and trust me kelsch, keilpinksi, and the rest came out at half and played like 2 minutes. Though either kraft, collins, or finley mostly finley stayed in because they don't have real depth at the point and shooting position they needed some leadership out there. having sophs and freshman playing
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby #50mandan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:53 pm

[align=center][font=comic sans ms]i say we call it a dynasty that cannot be stopped[/font][/align]
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:48 pm

i find that pic really funny because if you knew who that girl was you would be like ohh no simple mistake she did not mean any taunting because that girl is the same girl that handed out the bandana feathers at CHS vs Mandan in football this year she is our schools student council presidrnt she of all people wants both teams to play superb at any sport i bet that the jersey with no. 30 on it was a simple"patriotism" gone wrong that jersey also looks old i am sure that is the only 1 she could get a hold of.

Quick question if Ms. Finley is from bismarck and played with all of the BHS girls you mentioned why wouldnt she go play with her old friends and help them win insted of going to a team that more or less had it in the bag and having to meet new people where as she probly remembered most of the BHS girls
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla45 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:51 pm

Saucesauer wrote:i find that pic really funny because if you knew who that girl was you would be like ohh no simple mistake she did not mean any taunting because that girl is the same girl that handed out the bandana feathers at CHS vs Mandan in football this year she is our schools student council presidrnt she of all people wants both teams to play superb at any sport i bet that the jersey with no. 30 on it was a simple"patriotism" gone wrong that jersey also looks old i am sure that is the only 1 she could get a hold of.

Quick question if Ms. Finley is from bismarck and played with all of the BHS girls you mentioned why wouldnt she go play with her old friends and help them win insted of going to a team that more or less had it in the bag and having to meet new people where as she probly remembered most of the BHS girls

Just to answer the last part.  Whenever I see/saw Marlee at school this year and last year she seemed to have alot of friends at Mandan.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Stromer » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:50 pm

I have a question.  I seem to remember reading that Mandan has a traveling team in the summer that Finley and others played on before going to Mandan.  Is this a true fact?  And if it is, does Century have one?  If not they should loook into it.  They have been the second or third best program in the state in recent years.  If they had a team and allowed others to play on it, would it not bring new players to Century?  I mean they have beaten Mandan in recent years so they have a good team.  I mean if I had a choice where to move my family, Bismarck is a heck of a lot better than Mandan IMHO.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:57 am

Stromer wrote:I have a question.  I seem to remember reading that Mandan has a traveling team in the summer that Finley and others played on before going to Mandan.  Is this a true fact?  And if it is, does Century have one?  If not they should loook into it.  They have been the second or third best program in the state in recent years.  If they had a team and allowed others to play on it, would it not bring new players to Century?  I mean they have beaten Mandan in recent years so they have a good team.  I mean if I had a choice where to move my family, Bismarck is a heck of a lot better than Mandan IMHO.

You are correct and yes, century has one as well.  However, if someone does not attend century, then they most likely will not play with them.  They travel as a varsity team.  I heard they we were in Denver, Aberdeen, Minneapolis, Wyoming, and Wisconsin this summer.  At the U of M camp in minneapolis, they defeated the the #1 team in class 4A in MN.  They are a very good program, but happen to be in the same conference as mandan.  They aren't necessarily over-shadowed, but maybe not thought of as a great program. 

On the same note, Bismarck High also travels as a team.  I know for sure they went to Aberdeen, Minneapolis, and Wisconsin too.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:49 am

I think that CHS and BHS both had some very good players on their team this year. It was kind of a tough conference with Mandan, Century and Bismarck.

demonfan74[/user] wrote: [/b]
[quote][b][user=886]Stromer wrote:
I have a question.  I seem to remember reading that Mandan has a traveling team in the summer that Finley and others played on before going to Mandan.  Is this a true fact?  And if it is, does Century have one?  If not they should loook into it.  They have been the second or third best program in the state in recent years.  If they had a team and allowed others to play on it, would it not bring new players to Century?  I mean they have beaten Mandan in recent years so they have a good team.  I mean if I had a choice where to move my family, Bismarck is a heck of a lot better than Mandan IMHO.

You are correct and yes, century has one as well.  However, if someone does not attend century, then they most likely will not play with them.  They travel as a varsity team.  I heard they we were in Denver, Aberdeen, Minneapolis, Wyoming, and Wisconsin this summer.  At the U of M camp in minneapolis, they defeated the the #1 team in class 4A in MN.  They are a very good program, but happen to be in the same conference as mandan.  They aren't necessarily over-shadowed, but maybe not thought of as a great program. 

On the same note, Bismarck High also travels as a team.  I know for sure they went to Aberdeen, Minneapolis, and Wisconsin too.
[/quote]
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:04 am

Stromer wrote:I have a question.  I seem to remember reading that Mandan has a traveling team in the summer that Finley and others played on before going to Mandan.  Is this a true fact?  And if it is, does Century have one?  If not they should loook into it.  They have been the second or third best program in the state in recent years.  If they had a team and allowed others to play on it, would it not bring new players to Century?  I mean they have beaten Mandan in recent years so they have a good team.  I mean if I had a choice where to move my family, Bismarck is a heck of a lot better than Mandan IMHO.

Mandan has an AAU program called the Prairie Shooters. 

Some people prefer Bismarck over Mandan and some people think the other way, I for one moved to Mandan 10 years ago when my kids were 5 and below.   I personally liked it because it reminded me of a small town and that's how I grew up.  Its kind of like most people would rather live in Cando than Starkweather if they were to move up North, but not everyone.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:15 am

demonfan74 wrote:

Mandan plays in the same tournments, but they also go to like Hawaii and california to play the best teams around there summer program is by far the best in the state. Another thing does Century or Bismarcks coaches help out with the younger girls all summer and run camps for them? I think thats why mandan is also so dominate these little girls see the success and all they want is to win a state championship like the girls this year. Amundson i think brainwashes it in the heads when there like 7th and 8th graders that if they stay dedicated they will win a state title.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Redhead » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:36 am

If Century would spend less time in the tanning booth and more time on the fundamentals, they could probably do better.
Redhead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby finfam06 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:03 am

bbfollower wrote:
whocares? wrote:i dont get the big deal about the t-shirts. its simple. we DO love our homegrown talent. all of our players have gone to century their whole high school careers and have not been transferred in. it hints towards mandan but they just state a simple fact.

You are the first one to halfway admit that the T-shirts were aimed towards Mandan.  We also love our home grown talent, but also anyone who wants to come to our school, not just the people born and raised in Mandan.

Century needs to get use to the fact their seniors did not get the job done this year and their homegrown talent was overrated! Jeske and Anderson are both sore losers and what is going to happen to Century next year? Blame another school because they don't make the state tournament?
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:36 am

CHS works with their younger girls they have summer camps

all you mandan people called our hockey team cake eaters but our team isnt the one going to hawaii and cali in the summer we would not be able to afford that and we have to sleep 4 to a room in hotels i hear the mandan girls go 2 to a room we deffinalty could not afford that
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:49 am

Saucesauer wrote:CHS works with their younger girls they have summer camps

all you mandan people called our hockey team cake eaters but our team isnt the one going to hawaii and cali in the summer we would not be able to afford that and we have to sleep 4 to a room in hotels i hear the mandan girls go 2 to a room we deffinalty could not afford that

Okay, who really cares how many people are in a hotel room. That is just petty. But, then so are most of the comments about MHS.

I know nothing about the hockey fiasco, but apologize for the MHS team. Don't know what cake eaters is really supposed to mean anyway. I don't think you can generalize either that "all you Mandan people called our hockey team cake eaters." Not everyone from Mandan was there. I wasn't and I could probably tell you 1000 people from Mandan that weren't. So, please, again, don't generalize.  

Also, the MHS girls have car washes, etc. to help defray some costs.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:54 am

its Century in general
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:58 am

Also, Mandan gets INVITED to go to these places too. It's not just a random thing.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby momster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:04 am

OMG...you people all need to take a reality check!  The reason Mandan hates Century so much is that Century is the only team that has been able to beat them and therefore spoil their perfect record in the past three years...other teams bash Mandan, but Mandan doesn't care because those teams have never beaten them.  Century hates Mandan because if it weren't for Mandan, Century would probably be celebrating a three time(at least) state Championship.  You hate each other because you are both so good!  To say things like the Century girls should work on skills instead of tanning is ridiculous.  They are a extremely talented bunch of girls.  In fact there is probably only one thing that separates the two teams...Jessica Kelpinski. 

momster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 am

momster wrote:OMG...you people all need to take a reality check!  The reason Mandan hates Century so much is that Century is the only team that has been able to beat them and therefore spoil their perfect record in the past three years...other teams bash Mandan, but Mandan doesn't care because those teams have never beaten them.  Century hates Mandan because if it weren't for Mandan, Century would probably be celebrating a three time(at least) state Championship.  You hate each other because you are both so good!  To say things like the Century girls should work on skills instead of tanning is ridiculous.  They are a extremely talented bunch of girls.  In fact there is probably only one thing that separates the two teams...Jessica Kelpinski. 

I don't know that Mandan hates Century. They probably don't appreciate their childishness and I am not talking just about the kids either. Mandan and Century have had a rivalary before either had good girls basketball teams. However, the looks that Jessica Kielpinski got and refusal to shake her hand was just over the top. Don't say it didn't happen because I saw it with my own eyes. It isn't just Century either that bashes Mandan. There was even someone from Bottineau bashing them. Bottineau is even class B!!!!!!!!
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:21 am

finfam06 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:
whocares? wrote:i dont get the big deal about the t-shirts. its simple. we DO love our homegrown talent. all of our players have gone to century their whole high school careers and have not been transferred in. it hints towards mandan but they just state a simple fact.

You are the first one to halfway admit that the T-shirts were aimed towards Mandan.  We also love our home grown talent, but also anyone who wants to come to our school, not just the people born and raised in Mandan.

Century needs to get use to the fact their seniors did not get the job done this year and their homegrown talent was overrated! Jeske and Anderson are both sore losers and what is going to happen to Century next year? Blame another school because they don't make the state tournament?
How are they sore losers? The only thing I could think of was that ridiculous comment made by Anderson in the minot paper, but I haven't heard anything since.  What did Jeske do? Please inform me, because I have a load of respect for him.  Before he went to century, around six years ago, they had a losing record nearly every year.  After he went there, the last five seasons have been 20+ wins.  I wasn't aware of that until I read that over the weekend.  It is quite an accomplishment to have a 20 win season, but for the last 5 years from a before-unknown program.   
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby momster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:23 am

bbfollower wrote: 

I don't know that Mandan hates Century.

OH please!  There is so much Century bashing on this board by Mandan fans. 

momster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:27 am

momster wrote:OMG...you people all need to take a reality check!  The reason Mandan hates Century so much is that Century is the only team that has been able to beat them and therefore spoil their perfect record in the past three years...other teams bash Mandan, but Mandan doesn't care because those teams have never beaten them.  Century hates Mandan because if it weren't for Mandan, Century would probably be celebrating a three time(at least) state Championship.  You hate each other because you are both so good!  To say things like the Century girls should work on skills instead of tanning is ridiculous.  They are a extremely talented bunch of girls.  In fact there is probably only one thing that separates the two teams...Jessica Kelpinski. 

That's exactly it! Great post!

As far as the century girls tanning, haha, I can't believe this was brought up on a board.  It sounds like someone is jealous of them.  Many girls tan these days.  BHS, DL, and CHS all has players tan from what I could tell.  Don't start pulling that card just because they are better looking. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:33 am

demonfan74 wrote:
finfam06 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:

How are they sore losers? The only thing I could think of was that ridiculous comment made by Anderson in the minot paper, but I haven't heard anything since.  What did Jeske do? Please inform me, because I have a load of respect for him.  Before he went to century, around six years ago, they had a losing record nearly every year.  After he went there, the last five seasons have been 20+ wins.  I wasn't aware of that until I read that over the weekend.  It is quite an accomplishment to have a 20 win season, but for the last 5 years from a before-unknown program.   

I think Jeske is a top notch coach.  You don't win 20+ for 5 straight years without someone who can teach the game of basketball.  Anderson had a bone head comment. I was rather surprised someone would face a TV camera and actually say that. 
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:34 am

Who said what on camera?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:35 am

demonfan74 wrote:

As far as the century girls tanning, haha, I can't believe this was brought up on a board.  It sounds like someone is jealous of them.  Many girls tan these days.  BHS, DL, and CHS all has players tan from what I could tell.  Don't start pulling that card just because they are better looking. 

That one kind of caught me off guard.  I mean RedHead's previous posts have all been pro Century.  She even insinuated after the first MHS/CHS game that Mandan's post were trying to hurt Fettig.
Last edited by Deuce on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballer2 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:36 am

demonfan74 wrote:

most true statement on the board ever... great great post...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:38 am

demonfan74 wrote:Who said what on camera?

The Anderson's pre-season inteview when he said Mandan will be the team to beat and that they had another good recruiting year.  It wasn't a newspaper article, it was a KXMB interview on the nightly sports.  The first Mandan recruits topic had a link.

Here's the link.

http://www.kxmb.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=69016
Last edited by Deuce on Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls