Century vs Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:54 am

Deuce wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:[user=2810]momster[/user] wrote: As far as the century girls tanning, haha, I can't believe this was brought up on a board.  It sounds like someone is jealous of them.  Many girls tan these days.  BHS, DL, and CHS all has players tan from what I could tell.  Don't start pulling that card just because they are better looking. 

That one kind of caught me off guard.  I mean RedHead's previous posts have all been pro Century.  She even insinuated after the first MHS/CHS game that Mandan's post were trying to hurt Fettig.

Oh, so now we are saying that Mandan does not have good looking girls? We are really going low to hurt aren't we.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby momster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:06 am

bbfollower wrote:
Deuce wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:[user=2810]momster[/user] wrote: As far as the century girls tanning, haha, I can't believe this was brought up on a board.  It sounds like someone is jealous of them.  Many girls tan these days.  BHS, DL, and CHS all has players tan from what I could tell.  Don't start pulling that card just because they are better looking. 

That one kind of caught me off guard.  I mean RedHead's previous posts have all been pro Century.  She even insinuated after the first MHS/CHS game that Mandan's post were trying to hurt Fettig.

Oh, so now we are saying that Mandan does not have good looking girls? We are really going low to hurt aren't we.

If you are going to use the quote feature...do it right.  I did not write that post. 
momster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Redhead » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:07 am

Not quite sure how my post about working on fundamentals instead of tanning got turned into "Century girls are better looking than Mandan girls!"  But if we must get into looks (which, after all, are subjective), I think (for starters) Mic Kraft is pretty darn cute!  :)    
Redhead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:15 am

Redhead wrote:Not quite sure how my post about working on fundamentals instead of tanning got turned into "Century girls are better looking than Mandan girls!"  But if we must get into looks (which, after all, are subjective), I think (for starters) Mic Kraft is pretty darn cute!  :)    

And how did playing basketball get turned into tanning? I didn't say just century girls either.  It sounded like YOU were suggesting that they look better and care about their looks more, instead of playing basketball.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:16 am

Sorry about that Momster, I messed up. Didn't mean to incinuate that you were the one sending that comment.  

Anyway, I don't think we should be comparing looks to abilities on the basketball court.  I agree with Redhead too about Mic Kraft.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:19 am

I heard that some Century parents turned their backs when Mandan was introduced, is that true or what? im just wondering...
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby momster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:32 am

Strike3? wrote:I heard that some Century parents turned their backs when Mandan was introduced, is that true or what? im just wondering...

Here's a hint...if you have to start a post with "I heard..." , don't bother.   BTW, I was there and didn't notice it.

momster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby O_Snap » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:03 pm

This entire topic is ridiculous..... It's all about jealousy.... get over it its HS girls bball in North Dakota thats as far as it goes.  What ever happend to sportsmanship and being happy for whoever wins the state title?  Century is good Mandan is good just happend to go the way it went this year its over who cares..!!
O_Snap

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:09 pm

I would like Bruce Anderson to show me where Mandan has been hiding the five new players that Mandan supposed has.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Easy boys.....Kraft is taken, I know from experience.
baseball4

Postby baseball4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm

Last edited by baseball4 on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baseball4

Postby werty » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:20 pm

baseball4 wrote:Easy boys.....Kraft is taken, I know from experience.

Yes, So would I!:P
werty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball4 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:33 pm

Haha....oh you would, would you Werty???
baseball4

Postby Leech » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:25 pm

Now I know who baseball4 is.

Anyway Century fans in general are sore losers. Sitting near their section and the complaining is so annoying, well worse than average. As for the homegrown t-shirts, well, their homegrown talent chokes a lot. The players probably require constant reassurance that they're still loved. We love our nationally ranked talent that'll be chillin with John Wooden this summer. Sure they said "We love our home-grown talent" but deep down it really meant "Dammit we are jealous of Amundson's program." That's why they didn't bother most of us. Century Patriots=Buffalo Bills, Sacramento Kings, Chicago Cubs. They are and will always be the Clippers to our Lakers. Their fans can wear whatever shirts they want as a consolation to watching Mandan storm the court 5 years in a row.
Leech
NDPreps Reserve

Postby momster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:28 pm

Leech wrote:Anyway Century fans in general are sore losers. Sitting near their section and the complaining is so annoying, well worse than average.

Actually, it seems to me that Mandan fans are sore winners.  Speaking of complaning being annoying, almost all the posts on this board are Mandan fans complaining.  Waaa!  Get over it, you won...move on.

momster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Strike3? » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:30 pm

momster wrote:
Leech wrote:Anyway Century fans in general are sore losers. Sitting near their section and the complaining is so annoying, well worse than average.

Actually, it seems to me that Mandan fans are sore winners.  Speaking of complaning being annoying, almost all the posts on this board are Mandan fans complaining.  Waaa!  Get over it, you won...move on.

hahahaha most of the posts on this board are people complaining against Mandan. 
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:31 pm

momster wrote:
bbfollower wrote: 

I don't know that Mandan hates Century.

OH please!  There is so much Century bashing on this board by Mandan fans. 

Now who is complaining.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:49 pm

momster wrote:OMG...you people all need to take a reality check!  The reason Mandan hates Century so much is that Century is the only team that has been able to beat them and therefore spoil their perfect record in the past three years...other teams bash Mandan, but Mandan doesn't care because those teams have never beaten them.  Century hates Mandan because if it weren't for Mandan, Century would probably be celebrating a three time(at least) state Championship.  You hate each other because you are both so good!  To say things like the Century girls should work on skills instead of tanning is ridiculous.  They are a extremely talented bunch of girls.  In fact there is probably only one thing that separates the two teams...Jessica Kelpinski. 

Your wrong not last year, but the year before Century got spanked by south in the semis and mandan cruised to a landslide in the championship so three is pushing it. Plus i think DL would have beat century as well.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby MHSfan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:50 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:sob: sounds like some people on here need a nap or time out. hahaha
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:51 pm

Ditka14 wrote:
momster wrote:OMG...you people all need to take a reality check!  The reason Mandan hates Century so much is that Century is the only team that has been able to beat them and therefore spoil their perfect record in the past three years...other teams bash Mandan, but Mandan doesn't care because those teams have never beaten them.  Century hates Mandan because if it weren't for Mandan, Century would probably be celebrating a three time(at least) state Championship.  You hate each other because you are both so good!  To say things like the Century girls should work on skills instead of tanning is ridiculous.  They are a extremely talented bunch of girls.  In fact there is probably only one thing that separates the two teams...Jessica Kelpinski. 

Your wrong not last year, but the year before Century got spanked by south in the semis and mandan cruised to a landslide in the championship so three is pushing it. Plus i think DL would have beat century as well.

they couldn't beat BHS this year either
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:21 pm

momster just from reading you posts i am going to generalize you are a CHS parent and i didnt mind it when kids were doing it or fans from around the state i liked this topic because it was a great debate and there has not been too much of that on this site lately but this is just a revolting topic now i liked being a kid defending you and yada yada yada but you just totally made this topic lame i realize that it is a game to be won or lost by our players and there will be scrutiny and what ifs   but you are a parent and the fact of the matter is if your daughter is on the team she didnt get it done so you should just drop it. its parents like you and finfam06 (you must be one creepy uncle) that ruin it for people your daughter didnt get it done your neice got it done but she isnt your daughter so say good job and shut up let the fans of the game mostly fans with no blood relation of any sort play the devils advocate not either of you. i hope you both feel like idiots for having to have an 18 year old point this out to you! ':(

Have a nice day:)
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby momster » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:34 pm

Saucesauer wrote:momster just from reading you posts i am going to generalize you are a CHS parent and i didnt mind it when kids were doing it or fans from around the state i liked this topic because it was a great debate and there has not been too much of that on this site lately but this is just a revolting topic now i liked being a kid defending you and yada yada yada but you just totally made this topic lame i realize that it is a game to be won or lost by our players and there will be scrutiny and what ifs   but you are a parent and the fact of the matter is if your daughter is on the team she didnt get it done so you should just drop it. its parents like you and finfam06 (you must be one creepy uncle) that ruin it for people your daughter didnt get it done your neice got it done but she isnt your daughter so say good job and shut up let the fans of the game mostly fans with no blood relation of any sort play the devils advocate not either of you. i hope you both feel like idiots for having to have an 18 year old point this out to you! ':(

Have a nice day:)

Actually, i'm not a CHS parent, not from Bismarck at all.  I thought this was a place that people could talk high school basketball, but now I realize...like you, that it is not...its a place for people to cry and moan about all the perceived injustices out there.  I did for a minute let it get the best of me...but i am done...it is like arguing with my three year old...pointless.  I stand by my orignal post...both great teams, lots of talented girls...biggest difference-Jessica Kelpinski, not recruiting or T shirts or coaching or fans or any of that other bull...Just one very talented player making her team a little better than Century and a lot better than most other teams.
Last edited by momster on Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momster
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDdominator » Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:03 pm

[user=2749]sportsmart[/user] wrote:
I have been reading on here and have to say a few things.  First off Congratulations Mandan and coach Amundson!!!  You guys are first class and have a first class program that everyone else should try and model!!  Century fans you were out of hand.  Grow up and let the kids play the game and let the best team win.  As far as this stupid recruiting thing.... enough already!!!  If recruiting is/was going on then the rest of you are idiots for not doing it!!!!  everone is just jealous of a dynasty.  I am disappointed that adults acted like the Century parents did.  I can expect it from students, but not adults.  Shame on you all.  What kind of role modeling is that???? Congrats Braves.  I am just a basketball fan in ND and I think you have lots to hold your heads up about If I were ever to move out west I would choose the Mandan area!!!!
[b][/b
I wouldn't mandan isn't that nice of a town great GIRLS basketball program but bismarck is a better setting maybe I'm biased I have friends in mandan and hate going over there not saying its trashy or anything the people are like any other town you got your weirdos and stuff but in general good people
NDdominator

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:42 am

whocares? wrote:well i meant something else. if you transfer from a reservation you dont have to sit out the certain time that if you transfer from a different school. but that doesnt really have anything to do with this because she would have been here 6 weeks already. id still call amundsun a recruiter even if he tried to persuade finley to go to mandan. that isnt needed in high school basketball. i know i wouldnt want jeske to do it here.

Sorry but the Bismarck coaches have to do that every year.  Every Horizon, Simile and Wachter middle school student can choose whether to go to Century or BHS.  Don't you think they try to persuade them to choose their program?

Also, what do you base your assertion on that a reservation school has different transfer rules.  Are they not a member of the NDHSAA?
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:27 am

Deuce wrote:
whocares? wrote:well i meant something else. if you transfer from a reservation you dont have to sit out the certain time that if you transfer from a different school. but that doesnt really have anything to do with this because she would have been here 6 weeks already. id still call amundsun a recruiter even if he tried to persuade finley to go to mandan. that isnt needed in high school basketball. i know i wouldnt want jeske to do it here.

Sorry but the Bismarck coaches have to do that every year.  Every Horizon, Simile and Wachter middle school student can choose whether to go to Century or BHS.  Don't you think they try to persuade them to choose their program?

Also, what do you base your assertion on that a reservation school has different transfer rules.  Are they not a member of the NDHSAA?

Do you really think that Parshall and Four Winds would be participating in the NDHSAA State Tournament if they didn't follow the same rules?  The is the most ignorant thing I have heard on here in a long time.  Granted there is a lot more transferring going on at the reservation schools.  Athletes are held to the same standards as everyone else in the state.  I am going to quit now before I really get going.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls