Century vs Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby finfam06 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:52 am

Saucesauer wrote:i find that pic really funny because if you knew who that girl was you would be like ohh no simple mistake she did not mean any taunting because that girl is the same girl that handed out the bandana feathers at CHS vs Mandan in football this year she is our schools student council presidrnt she of all people wants both teams to play superb at any sport i bet that the jersey with no. 30 on it was a simple"patriotism" gone wrong that jersey also looks old i am sure that is the only 1 she could get a hold of.

Quick question if Ms. Finley is from bismarck and played with all of the BHS girls you mentioned why wouldnt she go play with her old friends and help them win insted of going to a team that more or less had it in the bag and having to meet new people where as she probly remembered most of the BHS girls

Ms. Finley is way above your league to answer any of your dumb questions! Face it Mandan is the 2007 State Champs! The current Class "A" school can only imagine what it feels like to be state champions over and over!!! Go Braves!
finfam06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbfollower » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:25 am

finfam06 wrote:[user=463]Saucesauer[/user] wrote:
i find that pic really funny because if you knew who that girl was you would be like ohh no simple mistake she did not mean any taunting because that girl is the same girl that handed out the bandana feathers at CHS vs Mandan in football this year she is our schools student council presidrnt she of all people wants both teams to play superb at any sport i bet that the jersey with no. 30 on it was a simple"patriotism" gone wrong that jersey also looks old i am sure that is the only 1 she could get a hold of.

Quick question if Ms. Finley is from bismarck and played with all of the BHS girls you mentioned why wouldnt she go play with her old friends and help them win insted of going to a team that more or less had it in the bag and having to meet new people where as she probly remembered most of the BHS girls
Ms. Finley is way above your league to answer any of your dumb questions! Face it Mandan is the 2007 State Champs! The current Class "A" school can only imagine what it feels like to be state champions over and over!!! Go Braves!
Why should Marlee have to answer that question?  Her family apparently chose to move to Mandan and not back to Bismarck for a reason.  Also, she has played with the Mandan girls before, so it is not like she had to make friends all over again. Obviously she was very welcomed in Mandan.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby bruins44 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:44 am

Last edited by bruins44 on Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby laughing@allofyou » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:40 pm

balla45 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:i find that pic really funny because if you knew who that girl was you would be like ohh no simple mistake she did not mean any taunting because that girl is the same girl that handed out the bandana feathers at CHS vs Mandan in football this year she is our schools student council presidrnt she of all people wants both teams to play superb at any sport i bet that the jersey with no. 30 on it was a simple"patriotism" gone wrong that jersey also looks old i am sure that is the only 1 she could get a hold of.

Just to answer the last part.  Whenever I see/saw Marlee at school this year and last year she seemed to have alot of friends at Mandan.
Just trying to justify things isn't enough. Personally I think that if she was a student council president then she should be representing her school in a more positive way. If she wanted to support her team I don't see how dressing like an "indian" does it. Even if she is a a nice girl that was a poor way of representing the patriots.
laughing@allofyou
NDPreps Rookie

Postby demonfan74 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:11 pm

laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

Just to answer the last part.  Whenever I see/saw Marlee at school this year and last year she seemed to have alot of friends at Mandan.
Just trying to justify things isn't enough. Personally I think that if she was a student council president then she should be representing her school in a more positive way. If she wanted to support her team I don't see how dressing like an "indian" does it. Even if she is a a nice girl that was a poor way of representing the patriots.

To me, it seems like a huge coincidence.  Notice the jersey says "PATRIOTS", not braves.  She has a feather on her head.  I think there would be several other ways to dress like one if she really wanted to.  I think many mandan people are over-reacting and just looking for the littlest things to argue about, so it takes a little weight off the "recruiting" complaints.    
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:15 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

To me, it seems like a huge coincidence.  Notice the jersey says "PATRIOTS", not braves.  She has a feather on her head.  I think there would be several other ways to dress like one if she really wanted to.  I think many mandan people are over-reacting and just looking for the littlest things to argue about, so it takes a little weight off the "recruiting" complaints.    

you dont realize this nobody in mandan thinks mandan recruits everybody from bismarck does the only people who argue are me and finfam i do because 1 i love to argue and 2 it is an easy argument

we also could say u look for little recruting things to argue about to avoid the issue of ur poor sportsmanship i dont think that was geared towards marlee at all but i also dont think marlee was recruited to come here oh word is knife is going to bottineau so that kinda not cool for that recruiting rumor and lets see jensen came here before high school and hmm who else is complained about taken alive? why would you question that she doesnt even play (this isnt directed at demonfan just at overall people in this argument) and rogers is moving again for a job so all of your arguments will eventually backfire on u but keep tryin i wont lose this one

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:22 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I don't think it was an intentional reference to Marlee, to me the #30 was probably in reference to her favorite century player.   Like when you see kids paint a # on their face or write it on their shirt.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby whocares? » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:35 pm

Deuce wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I don't think it was an intentional reference to Marlee, to me the #30 was probably in reference to her favorite century player.   Like when you see kids paint a # on their face or write it on their shirt.
actually it was probably the only one she could find, since i have no idea where you can find these. also, why is it only mandan fans that think century has bad sportsmanship. i have only seen complaints by mandan fans here.
whocares?

Postby laughing@allofyou » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:49 pm

whocares? wrote:
Deuce wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

actually it was probably the only one she could find, since i have no idea where you can find these. also, why is it only mandan fans that think century has bad sportsmanship. i have only seen complaints by mandan fans here.
I ain't from Mandan and get things right I said it was a poor way to represent the patriots. If I was saying something that somehow even sugggested she was representing the braves read a little better before you post. I'm a bball fan and seeing people that are ignorant or have no common sense just depicts good sportsmanship. I can understand she was only a high school student but come on now don't she have any parents or some other adult around to tell her that things like that could offend someone.
laughing@allofyou
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rep » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:23 pm

laughing@allofyou wrote:
whocares? wrote:
Deuce wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I ain't from Mandan and get things right I said it was a poor way to represent the patriots. If I was saying something that somehow even sugggested she was representing the braves read a little better before you post. I'm a bball fan and seeing people that are ignorant or have no common sense just depicts good sportsmanship. I can understand she was only a high school student but come on now don't she have any parents or some other adult around to tell her that things like that could offend someone.

because high school students listen to their parents? when i was in high school, telling me not to do something was all the more incentive. looking back on it, sure it was stupid, but that is what being a teenager is all about - stretching your boundaries and finding out who you are.

while i certainly don't agree with mocking another team (if in fact that what her intentions were...i have no clue), if she learned something from the experience (my guess is that having her pic shown on her probably got back to her) isn't that what the whole experience is about?
rep

Postby Rascal » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:49 pm

It will be stopped, unless the Recruiter can get four girls to compliment Collins.  He won't win with his homegrown talent.
Rascal
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Rascal wrote:     It will be stopped, unless the Recruiter can get four girls to compliment Collins.  He won't win with his homegrown talent.

the recruiter i think i am gonna tell him he is being called the recruiter four girls to compliment colllins finlee jensen strandemo taken alive luger levi he has alot left

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:18 am

laughing@allofyou wrote:I ain't from Mandan and get things right I said it was a poor way to represent the patriots. If I was saying something that somehow even sugggested she was representing the braves read a little better before you post. I'm a bball fan and seeing people that are ignorant or have no common sense just depicts good sportsmanship. I can understand she was only a high school student but come on now don't she have any parents or some other adult around to tell her that things like that could offend someone.

Heavens forbid someone in this great country will ever be offended!  Maybe if we all learned to deal with crap instead of crying foul all the time, this world would be better off.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 am

Deuce wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
laughing@allofyou wrote:
balla45 wrote:

So, Nicole Ennen is her favorite player for CHS?
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDVBBB » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:55 am

It was an old football jersey.  She obviously didn't have a special jersey made for the tournament.  She probably just grabbed any jersey. 
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:02 am

I have serious doubts that the jersey is a FB jersey.  Looks like an old girls' BB jersey.  I don't think pads would fit under that thing.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbfollower » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:09 am

NDVBBB wrote:It was an old football jersey.  She obviously didn't have a special jersey made for the tournament.  She probably just grabbed any jersey. 

I also have very serious doubts that was a football jersey. Look at the arms. There is no way that a football player would put their arms in there, unless they weighed 90 pounds. (or as someone else pointed out, be able to put pads under that). It looks like a uniform from the late 1980s or early 1990s, perhaps.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:28 am

bbfollower wrote:
NDVBBB wrote:It was an old football jersey.  She obviously didn't have a special jersey made for the tournament.  She probably just grabbed any jersey. 

I also have very serious doubts that was a football jersey. Look at the arms. There is no way that a football player would put their arms in there, unless they weighed 90 pounds. (or as someone else pointed out, be able to put pads under that). It looks like a uniform from the late 1980s or early 1990s, perhaps.

So then you can agree that the jersey had no intentions other than school spirit? I don't think that girl anticipated in the 90s that finlee would move to mandan, wear No. 30, and play against century in the state semi-final game. 

I think it is very, very strange that someone from mandan went down to the century fans section and took a picture of her.  Can you say creepy?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:34 am

In this day and age we are faced with a society who is attached to their camera phones blackberry etc.. having recently been introduced to youtube I can say that no picture or video will surprise me. 

I agree I don't think the girl was picking on any particular player, but it is still in bad taste.  Not mean or malicious but bad taste.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby just a bb fan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:56 am

Do you think when the fans wear hunting attire when they play the williston coyotes that that's in bad taste?
just a bb fan

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:05 pm

Not unless you are a member of PETA. :D  I personally think that all schools should have mascots that represent the community.  I don't like the names that have nothing to do with the town or school.  Century very appropriate mascot.  That being said it is then the responsiblity of other schools not to abuse the mascot/nickname.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby just a bb fan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:20 pm

I'm sorry to use williston again, but --  if hunting garb is okay to wear when playing the coyotes, why isn't a feather okay to wear when playing the Braves?  Would a holster and gun be better???  (cowboy) 
just a bb fan

Postby bbfollower » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:38 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
bbfollower wrote:

So then you can agree that the jersey had no intentions other than school spirit? I don't think that girl anticipated in the 90s that finlee would move to mandan, wear No. 30, and play against century in the state semi-final game. 

I think it is very, very strange that someone from mandan went down to the century fans section and took a picture of her.  Can you say creepy?

No, sorry I can't agree with that statement. Apparently these uniforms are still around, whether it be at the school or in someones closet, from the 1990s and perhaps this person found the #30 and it worked. I am not going to speculate what happened, nor do I know if it was intentional or not. Perhaps it was a coincidence, perhaps not.  Besides that girl, if she is the student council president, would have been a very little girl, if even born, when those uniforms were worn.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:40 pm

Things done to mock a group of people is in bad taste to say the least.  To insinuate hunting a coyote, is not in bad taste people do that, I 'd say it is creative.  I wouldn't suggest having an actual dead animal at the game. 

NDSU students threw dead jack rabbits on the field when the played South Dakota in the 80's, that was in bad taste.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:29 pm

its a pretty huge coincidence for her to randomly grab a old t- shirt with a feather on her head and get marlees number and even if she did, wouldnt she realize the situation? she obviously brought it with anticipating a game against mandan, a team that everyone in century hates. even if it was innattentional im sure numerous students recognized the "coincidence" right away and were talking about it.she couldve changed clothes or had taken the feather off to make the situation at least a little better. but i was there and she left everything on for the whole game. yeah i understand why everyone from century wont admit it was on purpose, because im sure the whole student section knew it wasnt a coincidence and just thought it was funny. i wouldnt admit it was on purpose either, adds more bad reputation to there already bad resume'.

no im not from mandan, i attend fargo south and i thought this was the worst display of sportsmanship that i have seen.i dont care if you hate mandan or not, making fun of someones heritage is completely wrong
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls