Century vs Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:17 am

Strike3? wrote:Yeah not classy, Im pretty sure that Centurys principal apoligized to Mandans Principal and then it might have been the next week but one day Century student council members came and went to high school at Mandan for one day with another Mandan student council member and then the following day Mandan student council members went to Century with a Century student council member.

I have heard that with other schools too.  It's something about knowing what it's like to be in the other person's shoes.  Maybe that could be a solution to all of this, or punishment, however a person looks at it. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfollower » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:29 am

demonfan74 wrote:Haha they also had homecoming shirts that had a recycling logo on the front.  I thought it was clever, but was somewhat surprised.  Bismarck High had a century "nerd" day, haha I heard that was pretty funny too, but no one from century complained.  Unlike mandan, they didn't take it personally, or have a representative from bhs come to century to appologize. 

About the high class issue.  It could be defined several ways.  One way being a person's income.  That, in itself, would make several students high class. 

True, there are a lot of rich kids at Century. However, that still does not make them better than anyone else.

Also, I see that there are 2 different versions of where this "jersey" comes from. Two people say it was this girl's brother's. However, one says it was an old jersey from storage and the other one says it was never worn as a jersey, just was fan apparel.  Also, if this girl is from Century, why was she wearing a feather in her hair. Is CHS not the Patriots?  

bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby cd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:36 am

What some of the century people that like to make fun of other people may not know beings they are so high class is that no matter how much money you make or how much money you have to spend or whether you feel that Mandan people are "trash".  WE ALL HAVE TO PUT OUR PANTS ON THE SAME WAY = ONE LEG AT A TIME!!!!

I can't believe that the administration of Century would let half of the things go on that they do.  Apparently, money talks and they won't interfere with students and parents.      Just give me the "down home feeling" that Mandan provides their students, parents and fans.  We in Mandan don't have to make a lot of money to be classy!!!!  Just comes naturally.

cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:38 am

bbfollower wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:Haha they also had homecoming shirts that had a recycling logo on the front.  I thought it was clever, but was somewhat surprised.  Bismarck High had a century "nerd" day, haha I heard that was pretty funny too, but no one from century complained.  Unlike mandan, they didn't take it personally, or have a representative from bhs come to century to appologize. 

About the high class issue.  It could be defined several ways.  One way being a person's income.  That, in itself, would make several students high class. 

True, there are a lot of rich kids at Century. However, that still does not make them better than anyone else.

Also, I see that there are 2 different versions of where this "jersey" comes from. Two people say it was this girl's brother's. However, one says it was an old jersey from storage and the other one says it was never worn as a jersey, just was fan apparel.  Also, if this girl is from Century, why was she wearing a feather in her hair. Is CHS not the Patriots?  

Don't quote me on all of this, but this is my interpretation:

Century has many old jerseys at their school.  It sounds like any student can borrow or take them to wear at games.  The brother must have taken one 7 years ago to wear as fan apparel.  He obviously no longer attends century, so she must of taken it and used it.  About the feathers, in another post I read, someone said they had those at their homecoming game. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:44 am

cd wrote:What some of the century people that like to make fun of other people may not know beings they are so high class is that no matter how much money you make or how much money you have to spend or whether you feel that Mandan people are "trash".  WE ALL HAVE TO PUT OUR PANTS ON THE SAME WAY = ONE LEG AT A TIME!!!!

I can't believe that the administration of Century would let half of the things go on that they do.  Apparently, money talks and they won't interfere with students and parents.      Just give me the "down home feeling" that Mandan provides their students, parents and fans.  We in Mandan don't have to make a lot of money to be classy!!!!  Just comes naturally.

You shouldn't generalize the entire school like that.  I know some very genuine people from century, bismarck, st mary's, and yes, even mandan.  You are right, we all put our pants on the same way.  Century's just might be prada ;) just kidding.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:19 pm

cd writes:  didn't realize that I generalized Century - thought I said SOME.  I do know "classy" and nice people from all of the mentioned schools but as we all know "one rotten apple, spoils the whole bunch" which can happen in any school.  I know people do get tired of hearing about Mandan girls and their accomplishments all the time but you know as well as I do - the field is open to anyone who wants to accomplish what they have.  You must  admit that the Braves have broken records that will take a lot of work on someone's part to beat but it can be done!  Their winning, awards, etc. have brought notice to the Bismarck/Mandan area and will actually help girls/guys get noticed more by any and all colleges.  So it has been good for everyone!!!
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:59 pm

However, you did say students and parents in the second paragraph and I took that as the entire school.  If that is not what you meant, then I misunderstood you, but I have a gut feeling you did mean that. 

Referring to that girl as the "rotten egg" irritates me.  I thought we established that there was no intentional correlation to the jersey and finlee.  I don't even know the girl, but I feel like I have to defend her because quite a few people are trying to blow this way out of proportion.  It started out as a misconstrued thought (and that's being nice) to "rich kids from bismarck think they are better than mandan and the administration doesn't do anything about it."

Well here is my thought:  Maybe those rich kids' parents worked hard to get to where they are and their kids get to reap in the benefits.  Sounds like there is some jealousy floating around. 

Oh and about the records...I honestly don't think they will ever be broken.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:07 pm

people are going to make fun of other people's macots.  I have seen cowboy hats for the roughriders, duct tape armor for the knights, tights for the spartans, and my personal favortite was the entire Fargo South Student section dressed in khaki's and red polos with some dressed as nuns and priests to make fun of shanley.  I know that SM gets dead fish thrown in their cars and I have seen a student section stand on its knees to represent the Midgets.  I do not think that picture has anything to do with Marlee Finley and it is just creepy finfam trying to cause a stir.  Your mascot is the BRAVES and if you do not want it made fun of because it is politcally incorrect, then get a new mascot.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:24 pm

cd writes:  WOW after reading your replies it shows that I was really misunderstood.  I didn't mean anything about that girl - I really hadn't even given that item anymore thought.and that she was trying to be Marlee Finley.  I was talking about "some" of the students and parents that have caused a ruckous and have done and said nasty things about Mandan winning the championship and the awards that they did.  These games and awards were open to anyone in the state as we all know.  But not everyone could win them.  I sure am not jealous of any of the Century fans and students who have money and flaunt it.  I know where I stand and am proud of what I have.

Some of you are sure reading more into my entries then what is there. 
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby playinball3 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:30 pm

all u people from mandan that think century has no class are the dumbest people. how can u say that when u go to mandan. Century has an actual basketball team not recruits. i am pretty sure shauna knife is comin to mandan next year. one would wonder why amnonson never wins coach of the year. he shoudl try winning the right way and i bet he couldnt do it. stop complaining about century haveing no class when they have three times as much class as u people .
playinball3

Postby Strike3? » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:49 pm

playinball3 wrote:all u people from mandan that think century has no class are the dumbest people. how can u say that when u go to mandan. Century has an actual basketball team not recruits. i am pretty sure shauna knife is comin to mandan next year. one would wonder why amnonson never wins coach of the year. he shoudl try winning the right way and i bet he couldnt do it. stop complaining about century haveing no class when they have three times as much class as u people .

Wow, one of the worst posts I have ever read.  First of all good spelling(is that some Century education there?). He dosent recruit. Knife is not coming to Mandan...it has already been said in other posts that Knife is not coming to Mandan( people have talked to her and she says she is not coming) so dont say you are pretty sure she is coming to Mandan. I'm pretty sure the reason he dosent win coach of the year is because everyone expects Mandan to win which they do.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cd » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:16 pm

cd - I really do like that spelling and grammar from the Century person! 

Mandan does not recruit - can you ever get that through your head.  Recruiting would involve money, scholarship, or the like.  Mandan has free public education and open enrollment so it appears that anyone could attend school there.

Apparently it sounds like Century NEVER has had a transfer in student - RIGHT?  I know for a fact of a couple kids that transferred into Century so I do know that you have transfer in students.  Mandan has lots of transfer in students but of course one that did transfer in gets all the attention.  This is okay as she gets more exposure  and more people get to know her.  She is one of the nicest girls around the area.
cd
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfollower » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:17 pm

Strike3? wrote:
playinball3 wrote:all u people from mandan that think century has no class are the dumbest people. how can u say that when u go to mandan. Century has an actual basketball team not recruits. i am pretty sure shauna knife is comin to mandan next year. one would wonder why amnonson never wins coach of the year. he shoudl try winning the right way and i bet he couldnt do it. stop complaining about century haveing no class when they have three times as much class as u people .

Wow, one of the worst posts I have ever read.  First of all good spelling(is that some Century education there?). He dosent recruit. Knife is not coming to Mandan...it has already been said in other posts that Knife is not coming to Mandan( people have talked to her and she says she is not coming) so dont say you are pretty sure she is coming to Mandan. I'm pretty sure the reason he dosent win coach of the year is because everyone expects Mandan to win which they do.

Strike 3: Glad you said that about the spelling. I was thinking the same thing. Also, that attitude is exactly what some of us are talking about with Century people. The trash talk about Mandan. "Dumbest people", huh?  Money apparently doesn't buy  good grammar and spelling.

To playinball: Who was recruited on Mandan's team?

Also, the reason that Mr. Amundson (not amnonson) does not win is probably because he is expected to win state, as strike 3 pointed out.  However, he is up for National Coach of the Year. Whether or not he wins it, he is an excellent coach.

Yes, I am a resident of Mandan and proud of it. I bleed black and white. I am proud of my team whether they come in 1st or last, that goes for girls and boys sports.  

bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfollower » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:19 pm

playinball3 wrote:strike 3 is a gay man

playinball: I would say you are pretty lucky that no one knows you and you can hide behind your member name.  You are bordering on slander. (look it up in the dictionary).
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:40 pm

[user=2147]playinball3[/user]

I hope you enjoyed your comments, I would guess you won't be on the board long.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:54 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:[user=2147]playinball3[/user]

I hope you enjoyed your comments, I would guess you won't be on the board long.

that is correct sir!
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Uptown » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:48 pm

Wow.... some of these comments have hit an all time low. Mandan be proud... you are number one. All should be proud of where they come from. Century you should be proud, hold your head up high and instead of trashing each other, be happy. Each school has reasons to be proud for whatever sport or academic achievement.  Mandan has worked hard and so have the other teams. This year Mandan wins, maybe next year some other team will... but in the meantime... Mandan Be Proud... Go Braves... some of these comments are very sad... some of these people in here need a head check... all of the schools should be cheering for their team  and not tearing the other down.... build yourselves up...
Uptown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Congrats you by yourself just set this posting board back 10-15 years for being a complete idiot i sure as heck hope you you dont go to CHS because quite frankly i am now embarassed you wonder why people trash Century it is because as stated befor one bad apple..... now thanx to you we yes we you and me are now looked at as idiots because i go to chs and your just a dumbace you deserve to be slapped hard if daddy would hit you after reading this he should unless you are one of the high class chs fans than it wont happen

but as far as spelling you say its a chs education but guess what chs is a public school as is mandan and most schools in this state so by slamming his gramatical skills you more or less made fun of every school in the state because by reading most posts you will see that everyone spells like they are idiots even some adults!

recruiting may or may not be used but somthing as simple as playing time and or starting time may be used as a pivitol tool especially on a good team ex. Mandan its not just cars/money and what not

Mandan now obviously 5 in a row (i am hoping its not 6 CHS student speaking there) that is an outstanding accomplishment all the props in the world to you weather it be with your own players or brought in players the fact of the matter is winning is winning you could have a team of ohh say 5 keilpinskys (butcherd that spelling) but if only 4 of them have the heart and want it they are not going to win and it looked like all 5 of the girls on the court at any time wanted it and it showed in the end 5 in a row is more or less an untouchable feat be proud of yourselves but never take it for granted
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Girls