Mandan vs. GF Red River

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:10 am

trinity doesn't recruit....almost all of the kids there have went to catholic schools since they were in grade school...and for any of the others i dare you to ask them and they'll say they just wanted to go there, not that trinity promised them some things if they transfered
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:23 am

And how did their parents find out about the school.  I'm Catholic and send my kids to a private school, I learned about the schools during mass.  And made a decision to send my kids there based on the information presented.  My children were recruited.  Is it wrong, No.  the fact of the matter is that these schools RECRUIT.  No it is not for athletics it is for enrollment.  if I were on a board at those schools I would try to make sure the rooms were full and the students were excelling.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:23 pm

If that's your definition of recruting than you are right. i have actually given one of those speaches at mass. I took the arguement in the context that coaches were going to games and "recommending" that students come and play at their private schools. I still don't think that is recruitment, just informative.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:42 pm

There are no advertisements for Shanely anywhere?  Billboards, radio spots, newspaper articles?  Kids aren't encouraged to talk to friends?  parents don't pass along positive messages concerning the progress of academic efforts.  Coaches do go to games, they talk to kids and they, more than anything coach kids.  Being a postive influence on kids can be the greatest recruiting tool.  I hope they recruit THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT!
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby shs01240 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm

There is ABSOLUTELY no recruiting at Shanley. No billboards, no newspaper articles, and no radio spots. The only press that the school gets is when they hold their open houses, and thats typically during Catholic Schools week, where you probably heard a student speak at Mass. All shanley does is provide an enivironment that "teaches the total person, and fosters the following of Christ." I don't call that recruiting.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm

play_d_shoot3 wrote:trinity doesn't recruit....almost all of the kids there have went to catholic schools since they were in grade school...and for any of the others i dare you to ask them and they'll say they just wanted to go there, not that trinity promised them some things if they transfered

i agree ive never heard a kid getting recruited by trinity. if anything a player would see how good their coaching is and want to go play for them.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:46 pm

im sure GF RR hockey would whip mandan hockey and in this state, id say mens hoceky is a lot more improtatn and money maker then chicks basketball.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRR99 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:08 pm

gfhockey wrote:im sure GF RR hockey would whip mandan hockey and in this state, id say mens hoceky is a lot more improtatn and money maker then chicks basketball.

im really glad we all know that now in the girls basketball forum. please give us some more good info
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
gfhockey wrote:im sure GF RR hockey would whip mandan hockey and in this state, id say mens hoceky is a lot more improtatn and money maker then chicks basketball.

im really glad we all know that now in the girls basketball forum. please give us some more good info

hahaha
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:11 am

i really don't like people like you...stay outta here if you don't care about the topic....do you see any of us just randomly going into a hockey topic talking about how much better basketball is than that?
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:59 pm

The topic is Mandan and GF RR and not Shanely or Trinity or recruiting but here we are. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:31 am

I predicted a 40-50 pt win.  I would have been right too if they didn't put their starters back in so they could get their averages.  Everyone knows they are good; they don't need to get their averages to prove that, and embarrass RR and any dignity they had for making it to state.   
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 am

Some coaches refer to it as a curtain call.  They put the starters back in for a few minutes to let them get a nice round of applause. 

I didn't see the game but did GFRR have their starters in the game at the end?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:28 pm

demonfan74 wrote:I predicted a 40-50 pt win.  I would have been right too if they didn't put their starters back in so they could get their averages.  Everyone knows they are good; they don't need to get their averages to prove that, and embarrass RR and any dignity they had for making it to state.   

you dont think at all here is why the starters went back in the second team wasnt doing good then he put in the jv starters and bench and they didnt do good then he put the starters back in and said watch how they do it then he puts team b and team c back in

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:07 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:I predicted a 40-50 pt win.  I would have been right too if they didn't put their starters back in so they could get their averages.  Everyone knows they are good; they don't need to get their averages to prove that, and embarrass RR and any dignity they had for making it to state.   

you dont think at all here is why the starters went back in the second team wasnt doing good then he put in the jv starters and bench and they didnt do good then he put the starters back in and said watch how they do it then he puts team b and team c back in

And a clipboard and marker couldn't show them how to do it right?  Even if the second and third strings aren't playing well, a 50 pt cushion is enough to relax and just watch.  
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:09 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

And a clipboard and marker couldn't show them how to do it right?  Even if the second and third strings aren't playing well, a 50 pt cushion is enough to relax and just watch.  

a clipboard and marker mite show you but when you can go watch it in person it is a better example and amundson doesnt relax

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:10 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

a clipboard and marker mite show you but when you can go watch it in person it is a better example and amundson doesnt relax

I still do not find that to be a legit excuse, but I'll let it go. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:14 pm

i will try to explain it better when your third string players come in and jack up three point airballs the first time they touch the ball and dont seem to care about team play they dont deserve to be in there and the second string played alot that game also

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Girls