Mandan vs. GF Red River

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:38 pm

Mandan is all over Red River. Braves are up 58-18 after the first half. Any bets on Amundson running it up past 100?

Red River has 18 turnovers.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:40 pm

I will bet he does....
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Anyone have a state tourney program? Whatever the record for points is in a game, I'm sure he'll try to break it. That's what he did against Beulah in 1999 at the West Region tourney, beating Beulah like 101-29.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:11 pm

80 points by one team is the record.  I guess they won't have a problem breaking that.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan1 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 pm

Final was like 95-30...OUCH.   I would say not necessary, but its mandan what do you expect from Amundson...they're just in another league.  I wonder who Amundson will recruit to fill Kelpinski Kelsh and Krafts spots for next year.;)
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:56 pm

Probably the other 12 girls he had on the bench.   Problem with other teams is they make excuses and not results.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 pm

bballfan1 wrote:Final was like 95-30...OUCH.   I would say not necessary, but its mandan what do you expect from Amundson...they're just in another league.  I wonder who Amundson will recruit to fill Kelpinski Kelsh and Krafts spots for next year.;)

so does Mandan winning by this much put them in the same position DL was in after the VC game, or is it ok because it is Mandan and they have won 4 straight championships? not knocking on Mandan, because they are a good team, but just throwing it out there. If they were a team like DL who usually struggles but has a very good team this year, would there be the same problem? or have we just decided that they are just so good that they cant help but blow a team out of the water. and why is it ok for Mandans coach to run up the score, but not DLs? this just doesnt add up.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:06 pm

If you make it to state and you can't keep it reasonable, I don' t think you can blame Mandan, especially since they played 11 girls the first half.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Its not like they were playing VC or something who hasn't won a class A game in ? years.
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:10 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:Final was like 95-30...OUCH.   I would say not necessary, but its mandan what do you expect from Amundson...they're just in another league.  I wonder who Amundson will recruit to fill Kelpinski Kelsh and Krafts spots for next year.;)

so does Mandan winning by this much put them in the same position DL was in after the VC game, or is it ok because it is Mandan and they have won 4 straight championships? not knocking on Mandan, because they are a good team, but just throwing it out there. If they were a team like DL who usually struggles but has a very good team this year, would there be the same problem? or have we just decided that they are just so good that they cant help but blow a team out of the water. and why is it ok for Mandans coach to run up the score, but not DLs? this just doesnt add up.

Agreed.  Amundson should get the same crap DL's coach got but i think everyone is just so used to seeing Mandan go psycho and run up the score.  It was just a little shocking to everyone that DL did it and it kindof threw some people off.  Everyone deals with that crap when they go up agianst Mandan, DL didn;t need to do it too but it over and from what i hear DL heard about it for a while and it prob wont happen again...but what do i know?:drool:
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:11 pm

Deuce wrote:If you make it to state and you can't keep it reasonable, I don' t think you can blame Mandan, especially since they played 11 girls the first half.

so your saying as long as you are playing a "respectable" opponent that it is ok to run up the score? and that if you make it to state, it gives you a free pass because you are a good team?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:12 pm

What are you suppose to do at state?  Wait for a close game to give your starters some time? 
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:13 pm

Deuce wrote:What are you suppose to do at state?  Wait for a close game to give your starters some time? 

Maybe they should just schedule NDSU, UND and UMary for next year...ha!
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:14 pm

Carl08 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:

Agreed.  Amundson should get the same crap DL's coach got but i think everyone is just so used to seeing Mandan go psycho and run up the score.  It was just a little shocking to everyone that DL did it and it kindof threw some people off.  Everyone deals with that crap when they go up agianst Mandan, DL didn;t need to do it too but it over and from what i hear DL heard about it for a while and it prob wont happen again...but what do i know?:drool:

Its a little different against a state qualifier than against a team that lost to 3 class b teams this year.... But I defended DL because in girls basketball blowouts happen.
Last edited by Deuce on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:18 pm

Deuce wrote:
Carl08 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:

Its a little different against a state qualifier than against a team that lost to 3 class b teams this year.... But I defended DL because in girls basketball blowouts happen.

they do...it's just that from what i hear (totally hearsay so you can correct me if im wrong) the way DL went about that game ...pressing...is what made it kinda bad...and yes, it was against VC which made some VC parents who watched their kids get pounded all year a little upset
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:34 pm

It is a friggin game it is not up to the parents to decide you play sports for yourself and the 10-20 people in your locker room depending on the sport not your fan section and definatly not the other teams parents this is why i feel the world is getting soft and cant accept critisim because in the real world there is no its ok you tried or you cant get the promotion you are too good you have to go out there and leave no doubt in anyones mind that you are the best and leave it at that 
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:35 pm

smart comment bballfan1 considering mandan has had 3 new girls move to mandan in the past 3 years i think it would be pretty logical to assume that mandan will have 2-3 new players next season.
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:28 am

Logical would be that one more girl moved to Mandan.  Your post would be illogical X3.

Based on the population of ND and the fact that what population we do have is migrating to the larger cities it shouldn't surprise anyone if Dickinson Trinity, Mandan and Shanely get new players.  In terms of girls sports.

DT because they recruit kids to their school and with their future enrollment difficulties they will need students not just BB players.

Mandan because of what they do in the off-season dozens of girls come into contact with Mandan coaches and players so connections are being made (friendships) additionally the success doesn't hurt one bit.

Shanely see DT.

So continuing to complain about blowouts and making assertions about recruiting only keeps you from doing what Sauce was getting at, work hard be better than the competition.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby roughrider125 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:06 am

Tiger Pride wrote:Logical would be that one more girl moved to Mandan.  Your post would be illogical X3.

Based on the population of ND and the fact that what population we do have is migrating to the larger cities it shouldn't surprise anyone if Dickinson Trinity, Mandan and Shanely get new players.  In terms of girls sports.

DT because they recruit kids to their school and with their future enrollment difficulties they will need students not just BB players.

Mandan because of what they do in the off-season dozens of girls come into contact with Mandan coaches and players so connections are being made (friendships) additionally the success doesn't hurt one bit.

Shanely see DT.

So continuing to complain about blowouts and making assertions about recruiting only keeps you from doing what Sauce was getting at, work hard be better than the competition.

I can't say anything about DT but for the last time...Shanley doesn't recruit!!!!
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball4 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:41 am

The paper says that Mandan had 15 girls that logged 5 minutes or more.....I wouldn't exactly call that trying to run up the score.  It's not their fault that their half-court defense is just as good as their full court...and that their 8-15 girls can play with anybody in the state just as well as any other team....the fact is that Mandan put their bench in and took the press off and they still couldn't be stopped and continued to stop Red River on defense....What would people like to see them do?  Go down and fire up a long range bomb everytime or just say "here's a free pass to the lane, go ahead and make a layup so we dont look so bad"...no!...that isn't making those bench players any better, they come in (just as every other teams bench players do) and play their hearts out cus its their chance to shine, and the Mandan girls bench does that
baseball4

Postby shs01240 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:07 am

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=2474]roughrider125[/user] wrote:
Tiger Pride wrote:Logical would be that one more girl moved to Mandan.  Your post would be illogical X3.

Shanely see DT.

I can't say anything about DT but for the last time...Shanley doesn't recruit!!!!
</span>

TIger pride you are so ignorant if you think Shanley recruits.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sioux75 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:38 am

Don't criticise the Mandan girls.  They shot 76.7 % from the field in the first half on the way to a 58-18 half time lead.  They could have easily scored over 100 pts but I'm glad they didn't.  Alot of girls got to play a number of minutes.  11 different girls in the first half, and in the second the the second and third teams were platooned in.  The Mandan bench scored 27 points, almost outscoring Red River by themselves, and one third string player Luger had 8 points.

I don't have the exact minutes each girl played but if the starters logged in more than 20 minutes I would be surprised.  The girls have worked hard over the years and through the summers and during practice.  They have earned the right to play meaningful minutes in the state tournament and play enough to give them the chance to make all-tournament.  If sother teams want to play up to that level they need to put in the time in the offseason.  Championships are won in the off season.   
sioux75

Postby Carl08 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:22 am

sioux75 wrote:Don't criticise the Mandan girls.  They shot 76.7 % from the field in the first half on the way to a 58-18 half time lead.  They could have easily scored over 100 pts but I'm glad they didn't.  Alot of girls got to play a number of minutes.  11 different girls in the first half, and in the second the the second and third teams were platooned in.  The Mandan bench scored 27 points, almost outscoring Red River by themselves, and one third string player Luger had 8 points.

I don't have the exact minutes each girl played but if the starters logged in more than 20 minutes I would be surprised.  The girls have worked hard over the years and through the summers and during practice.  They have earned the right to play meaningful minutes in the state tournament and play enough to give them the chance to make all-tournament.  If sother teams want to play up to that level they need to put in the time in the offseason.  Championships are won in the off season.   

i agree with sioux, i saw the game and it was ugly just because Mandan was that good not because they were trying to run up the score...DL kept the pressure on longer than they should have against VC from what i hear, but it was one game and thats over with...but don't think mandan doesn't ever try to run up the score because i do recall against a very poor shanley team last year they kept their starters in the whole game just trying to break 100 which was very unsportsmanlike but noone said anything cause it's Amundson and we've learned to expect it from Mandan
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby brownbomber » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:46 am

Shanely see DT.

im pretty sure trinity doesnt recruit
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:01 am

If you don't think private schools recruit you are placing your head in a deep dark hole and this time I am not referring to ice fishing.

Private schools have to recruit in order to stay in existence.

I don't mean they recruit athletes they recruit students.  If those schools aren't recruiting they need to get on the ball.  That is the only way private schools stay open.  It starts in the local churches and expands from that point.

Colleges, all of them recruit, not only to athletic programs but to the school in general.  That is how they make money in order to stay open.  Same goes for private schools at any level.

Last edited by Wild Wolves on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls