Century v Shanley

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Redhead » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:27 pm

The teams came to play today.  No one can afford to be complacent!   
Redhead
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan1 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:41 pm

Shanley just couldn't make a shot like they usually do.  I don't know if century played bad but Shanley didn't have much offense at all and i don' think it was cause of Century's D.  Schuler had like 2 points which killed them.  Paulsen hit the boards hard and really made a mark on the inside and Jackson off the bench was solid for them hitting 3 3's and doing a good job of taking care of the ball.  The guards really got into foul trouble and that was a mental thing thats been going on all year...they need to know when to back off. 
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:27 am

Century didn't have their best player for over 14 min in the first half.  They didn't play that well and still won.  That was a productive game for lafrance - getting 17 pts and 10 reb in 20 min.  If she would have been in the first half they would have blown them out completely.  Finally, a team got shanley to shut up. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:46 am

Both teams didn't play well at all that game. I don't know about century, but Shanley hadn't been playing all that great for the 2 weeks leading up to state. No need to be a jerk about it. it was mainly me hyping them up, not the girls.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:00 pm

I had no intentions for being a jerk, and I apologize if that is how I came across.  However, you may want to do a little more research on the best teams in the west.  But how can you say they weren't playing well for two weeks when they took 2nd in the EDC tourney?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kgmvp8807 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:16 pm

demonfan74 wrote:I had no intentions for being a jerk, and I apologize if that is how I came across.  However, you may want to do a little more research on the best teams in the west.  But how can you say they weren't playing well for two weeks when they took 2nd in the EDC tourney?

because they beat north and red river to get into the EDC championship game. not exactly high caliber opponents. they barely beat red river too. the century-shanley game was not very well-played. i wouldve liked to see both teams have a better showing in the first round of the state tournament.
kgmvp8807

Postby shs01240 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:40 pm

The EDC tournament competition was a joke for shanley, and they still struggled to make it to the championship game, where they were clearly outplayed by South.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:25 pm

demonfan74 wrote:Century didn't have their best player for over 14 min in the first half.  They didn't play that well and still won.  That was a productive game for lafrance - getting 17 pts and 10 reb in 20 min.  If she would have been in the first half they would have blown them out completely.  Finally, a team got shanley to shut up. 

Wow!  Congrats to Century for winning.  Please do not forget that Shanley was ahead with about 7 minutes to go in the game.  Schuler was 0 for 9 - never happened before and wouldn't happen again.  Paulson sat out over 10 minutes the first half with foul trouble.  Shanley missed a few crucial bunnies when the game was still in question.  Honestly, many Shanley fans came away thinking the Century game was one that Shanley should have won.  Lots of couldofs and shouldofs.  Century won - I wouldn't go anywhere near saying Century dominated.  It was a good matchup and game and leave it at that.  Both teams think they could have played better and possibly it was the good defense that caused it.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls