Lion's All-star Team

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby justbecause » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:00 pm

whatever?  goodluck!  excuses? ...is what we have heard throughout the entire girls class A forum.  You Mandan people just can't except.  Chances are I'm writing to a bunch of wannabe young girls supporting their almighty braves.

Either way I know better!

I can't believe I can't post a positive comment about a CHS player, without friction from Mandan personal..... Amazing!

Good luck Mandan Braves, I hope you have a happy life!  I know I've had fun reporting about your rivals, and to see how seriously your involved, makes my day!!

It's about time you LET UP!  Either way people from across the state will have their opinion.  Its dominant their is more Mandan fans reporting to this forum.  I'm glad to recognize this, because for once I'm able to admit I'm glad I'M NOT A MANDAN FAN.

Just thinking if I was a Mandan fan, would I be proud?  Look at their players, and than look at players from other parts of the state.?.?  Talent??  good question?  Mandan is a team of in your face defense and that is it!  Plain and simple.....

One fact to recognize???  I guarantee you the majority of the state was hoping Devils Lake won the championship game.  What does this tell you??  I don't know, but I know it tells me something.????    Without Finley, Mandan would have had a much tougher time to win the state title.  Finley has been a HUGE threat.  This tells me that if Mandan would stick with their home grown talent, they would have LOST.  Except it Mandan Fans!!!  For most people in the state, every time Finley made a contribution towards the game, I guarantee people were thinking what would have happened without her.  Either way, its only highschool hoops, and by this time I'm sick and tired of wasting my time, posting comments that are so foolishly interperated by Mandan fansl, who can't seem to have enough of themselves.

So go ahead Mandan fans post a comment I'm waiting "......".!
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:05 am

Wow, I bet you needed an asprin after that post.  Merely pointing out what the box score and Bismarck Tribune article stated.  Note that Kelsch fouled out.  So here is an idea check the facts before you post and I will leave it as fact.  Otherwise any opinion is fair game to attack/disagree with.  Also note that Demon74 and I took turns picking players and Fettig is on the team.

I am not from Mandan nor do I live in Mandan.  I have several very good friends who live there and whose judgement I trust.  You are correct in saying that people were cheering for DL, everyone likes to see the underdog win. 

Marlee did transfer to Mandan and they did win the title and there is nothing illegal about it, so I suggest you take that FACT and continue to harbor all the bad feelings you have toward Mandan and invest in some prune juice.
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbfollower » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:15 am

Wild Wolves wrote:Wow, I bet you needed an asprin after that post.  Merely pointing out what the box score and Bismarck Tribune article stated.  Note that Kelsch fouled out.  So here is an idea check the facts before you post and I will leave it as fact.  Otherwise any opinion is fair game to attack/disagree with.  Also note that Demon74 and I took turns picking players and Fettig is on the team.

I am not from Mandan nor do I live in Mandan.  I have several very good friends who live there and whose judgement I trust.  You are correct in saying that people were cheering for DL, everyone likes to see the underdog win. 

Marlee did transfer to Mandan and they did win the title and there is nothing illegal about it, so I suggest you take that FACT and continue to harbor all the bad feelings you have toward Mandan and invest in some prune juice.

Thank you Wild Wolves.

bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:49 am

justbecause wrote:whatever?  goodluck!  excuses? ...is what we have heard throughout the entire girls class A forum.  You Mandan people just can't except.  Chances are I'm writing to a bunch of wannabe young girls supporting their almighty braves.

I can't believe I can't post a positive comment about a CHS player, without friction from Mandan personal..... Amazing!

Good luck Mandan Braves, I hope you have a happy life!  I know I've had fun reporting about your rivals, and to see how seriously your involved, makes my day!!

It's about time you LET UP!  Either way people from across the state will have their opinion.  Its dominant their is more Mandan fans reporting to this forum.  I'm glad to recognize this, because for once I'm able to admit I'm glad I'M NOT A MANDAN FAN.

Just thinking if I was a Mandan fan, would I be proud?  Look at their players, and than look at players from other parts of the state.?.?  Talent??  good question?  Mandan is a team of in your face defense and that is it!  Plain and simple.....

One fact to recognize???  I guarantee you the majority of the state was hoping Devils Lake won the championship game.  What does this tell you??  I don't know, but I know it tells me something.????    Without Finley, Mandan would have had a much tougher time to win the state title.  Finley has been a HUGE threat.  This tells me that if Mandan would stick with their home grown talent, they would have LOST.  Except it Mandan Fans!!!  For most people in the state, every time Finley made a contribution towards the game, I guarantee people were thinking what would have happened without her.  Either way, its only highschool hoops, and by this time I'm sick and tired of wasting my time, posting comments that are so foolishly interperated by Mandan fansl, who can't seem to have enough of themselves.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts then every day would be xmas.  :sob:Sorry couldn't resist that one.

I don't think anyone was disagreeing with your post about fettig but you seem so bent to take a shot at the same time I think some may have missed your point. Quotes like "Accept the facts, and get them straight!" usually get a like response.  Other people have picked fettig in this hypothetical mock draft so chill out.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:19 am

justbecause wrote:whatever?  goodluck!  excuses? ...is what we have heard throughout the entire girls class A forum.  You Mandan people just can't except.  Chances are I'm writing to a bunch of wannabe young girls supporting their almighty braves.

Marlee was a good addition to the team this year, but it didn't make our break this years team. There was still collins who is better in my mind and they still had Mic Kraft, Melissa Strademo, and Jessie gannon. I think without Marlee they still would have won. This upcoming year will be the year Marlee is going to be the x-factor.

All they are is "in your face defense?" Come on if thats all there is to it why doesn't other teams around the state run a defense like amundson to win some state titles? Thats because you need athletic and quick girls to run it so don't say them winning is just because of there defense. I don't know many teams that win basketball games by just stealing the ball. You still have to get the ball in the opponents net right to score points??
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbfollower » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:37 am

One thing I don't understand from people is why it is so bad to be happy for your team and be proud of where you are from.  Mandan supports our teams and all you would have to do is look at how many Mandan fans were at the WDA and State Tournaments this year to see that.

I highly doubt that everytime Marlee made a contribution that people were thinking that Mandan wouldn't be able to do it without her. She is a good player, but Mandan is a team and there is no I in team. Working together as a TEAM is what makes success.

Maybe you are the one that needs to let up. As was pointed out, Fettig was picked as probably being a part of the team.

I don't think anyone from Mandan expects everyone to love their team. In fact, it is a well-known fact that most people hate Mandan. But, as you said, it is only high school hoops.

bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:13 am

Back to topic.

Who from the east?  Will it be guards or should there be a post that maybe makes the Fettig/Kelsch debate moot.  Does anyone have the inside scoop on anyone choosing volleyball?
Last edited by Deuce on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:28 am

Deuce wrote:Back to topic.

Who from the east?  Will it be guards or should there be a post that maybe makes the Fettig/Kelsch debate moot.  Does anyone have the inside scoop on anyone choosing volleyball?

Shuler, Hanson, Archigo, Vance, Thorson, then it will be between one of the bower twins, cochran, and Black
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:32 am

Baller wrote:

Shuler, Hanson, Archigo, Vance, Thorson, then it will be between one of the bower twins, cochran, and Black

What positions?  Shuler I imagine would be a 1,2.  Would Thorson be a 3 or more of a 2?  I think Vance is a 1,2.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:36 am

Deuce wrote:
Baller wrote:

What positions?  Shuler I imagine would be a 1,2.  Would Thorson be a 3 or more of a 2?  I think Vance is a 1,2.

Shuler can play a 1, 2, 3

Vance 1-2

Thorson 2 - 3 more of 2

Archigo 1, 2, 3, 4

Hanson 4. 5

Cochran would be a 4 - 5

Black a 2-3 or 4

Bowers a 2
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:48 am

Baller wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Baller wrote:

Shuler can play a 1, 2, 3

Vance 1-2

Thorson 2 - 3 more of 2

Archigo 1, 2, 3, 4

Hanson 4. 5

Cochran would be a 4 - 5

Black a 2-3 or 4

Bowers a 2

I'd see Shuler probably playing the 3 then with maybe Lafrance at the point.  Lafrance's strong point isn't the spot up shooter its more of the drive and dish so I'd see her playing the point.  

Who'd be your starting 5?

1 - Lafrance, 2 - ?, 3 - Shuler, 4 - Kielpinski, 5 - Steffan

Last edited by Deuce on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:02 am

He starts the west kids in Bismarck and the east kids in Fargo.  Thats the way he has always done it anyway
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:21 am

Baller wrote:He starts the west kids in Bismarck and the east kids in Fargo.  Thats the way he has always done it anyway

Oh.  That seems like a fair way to do it.

I'll change mine to west starters:

1- Lafrance - can handle the ball and is tall enough to pass over a press/trap

2- Kraft - very good at the press/trap and can shoot if left open.

3-Adams - Tall and can shoot the 3, just what Amundson likes at the 3 spot.

4- Kielpinski - best high post shooter and passer

5- Steffan - Tough for any dfense to handle down low by the basket.  Look for her to get a lot of passes from the high post on that pin manuever mandan does.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:27 am

Deuce wrote:
Baller wrote:He starts the west kids in Bismarck and the east kids in Fargo.  Thats the way he has always done it anyway

Oh.  That seems like a fair way to do it.

I'll change mine to west starters:

1- Lafrance - can handle the ball and is tall enough to pass over a press/trap

2- Kraft - very good at the press/trap and can shoot if left open.

3-Adams - Tall and can shoot the 3, just what Amundson likes at the 3 spot.

4- Kielpinski - best high post shooter and passer

5- Steffan - Tough for any dfense to handle down low by the basket.  Look for her to get a lot of passes from the high post on that pin manuever mandan does.

I was being a homer on the 2 spot.  I think 2 mandan girls will make it but I think it will be Kielpinski, Kelsch.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:32 am

yeah...then throw Fettig in there when Steffan plays VB

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

3-Shuler - shooter...I think she might thrive in this spot

4-Hanson - runs the floor better than a lot guards

5-Cochran
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:33 am

Last edited by Wild Wolves on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:33 am

Wild Wolves wrote:Minot fan

Do everyone a favor and edit and delete your previous post.

already done for him...please stay away from posts like that.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:41 am

Baller wrote:yeah...then throw Fettig in there when Steffan plays VB

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

5-Cochran

I think that'll happen.  I'd like to see the class b girls try and defend her though.  I didn't see much post play in the b games I watched.  Are there any 6+ class b posts out there?  Most I've seen are the 5'10 variety and giving up 6" to Steffan would be a huge disadvantage.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 22bball22 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:21 pm

Deuce wrote:

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

5-Cochran

I think that'll happen.  I'd like to see the class b girls try and defend her though.  I didn't see much post play in the b games I watched.  Are there any 6+ class b posts out there?  Most I've seen are the 5'10 variety and giving up 6" to Steffan would be a huge disadvantage.

where is hanson from?
22bball22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:22 pm

22bball22 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

5-Cochran

where is hanson from?

Devils Lake...she was one of the candidates for senior player of the year.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:43 pm

Deuce wrote:

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

5-Cochran

your telling me steffan is 6'4??
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Strike3? » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:47 pm

sportsman20 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

5-Cochran

yeah, she is
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:26 am

Strike3? wrote:
sportsman20 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

East:

1-Vance

2-Archigo - can shoot

5-Cochran

yeah, she is

that's taller than anyone on centrals, whaps, and valley citys boys basketball team
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu May 17, 2007 6:20 am

LIONSALL-STAR ROSTERS

Here are the rosters for the Lions All-Star basketball games, which are scheduled for July 17 at the Bismarck Civic Center and July 18 at the Fargo Civic Auditorium.

Class A girls

Andrea Lafrance, Century. Jessica Kielpinski, Mandan. Amber Adams, Minot. Brittany Jossart, Century. Whitney Sundheim, Minot. Courtney Fettig, Century. Dominique Schuler, Fargo Shanley. Jess Arechigo, Fargo North. Callie Hanson, Devils Lake. Katie Thorson, Fargo South. Mary-Michael Vance, West Fargo. Emily Black, Devils Lake.

Class B girls

Amanda Dimmer, Maple Valley. Abby Reiter, Hatton-Northwood. Kirstie Gillett, Dakota Prairie. Betsy Dickson, Midway-Minto. Kristen Cuypers, Litchville-Marion-Montpelier. Stacy Nygaard, Adams-Edmore. Teryl Norton, New Salem. Allyson Bender, Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood. Courtney Hahn, Bottineau. Kayla Schmidt, Beulah. Courtney Egge, Stanley. Abby Bratlien, Tioga.

Alternates:Jacklyn Mitchell, Hope-Page-Finley-Sharon. Kristina Schuster, Midway-Minto. Whitney Eckroth, Steele-Dawson. Sami Lauf, New Salem. Brittany Westman, Max. Brittany Jacobson, Minot Our Redeemers. Mary Brooke, Dickinson Trinity.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu May 17, 2007 2:06 pm

I will bite first,

CHS- 3 players

Minot 2 players

DL 2 players

1 each from FS, FN, FSh, WF, and Mandan

On a senior heavy team Mandan got 1, a state title, one loss, nationally ranked and one.  I would never say that any one selected is not deserving but one?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls