Lion's All-star Team

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 pm

Due to Mary's move to DII they do give full tuition waivers as far as scholarships go.  Very few institutions give a true "full ride", insinuating that they don't pay for anything. Room and board, lab fees, books etc.. are not covered.

As for the Kelsh vs. Fettig debate good luck.  Neither would be my first pick but I would rather have both on my team rather than play against them.

Who is Adams? What position does she play? and where is she from?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:19 pm

I thought I heard that their program can't afford to give even full tuition yet, but in the future they will be able to. 

Hands down kielpinski would be my first pick.  I was talking about my next ones.  Just out of curiosity, who would you choose after her?

Adams played mostly as a guard, and had a very good 3-point shot on most nights.  
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:20 pm

She is from Minot.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:21 pm

Easily pick #2 goes to La France.

Your turn.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby gummybear » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:34 pm

I find all of these conversations very interesting.  Tell me what Fettig did this year?  Did she show up and play at the WDA?  Not very impressive numbers at state either.  As for Kelsch (and yes, I looked it up and this is the way you spell her name), she is the most underated player in the state.  She has had to play behind a Kielpinski since day one, along with numerous surgeries and injuries.  But If I were a coach, she would be my pick any day.  She is unselfish with the ball, passes off to the big "K" as well as Finley and Collins and works harder than most.  She is not only great on the court, she is an excellent student and all around individual.  If I were U of Mary or any other school, I would be happy to have her.  Now, let's talk about the girls, since they actually read this site.  I think that Bismarck has an excellant program...note how they have decided to play duing the summer..just like Mandan.  Way to go Coach Meier!  They will be int he top next year.  And Century...LaFrance and Jossart are great young ladies and good luck to them next year.  I truly enjoyed watching the Feeney girls.  Could they be better than the Kielpinskis?  They sure have speed and some great shots.  You know, the west has some great teams and they will rise to the occasion again next year.
Some people wish to be great...others work hard and achieve greatness.
gummybear
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cdub1 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:45 pm

gummybear wrote:I find all of these conversations very interesting.  Tell me what Fettig did this year?  Did she show up and play at the WDA?  Not very impressive numbers at state either.  As for Kelsch (and yes, I looked it up and this is the way you spell her name), she is the most underated player in the state.  She has had to play behind a Kielpinski since day one, along with numerous surgeries and injuries.  But If I were a coach, she would be my pick any day.  She is unselfish with the ball, passes off to the big "K" as well as Finley and Collins and works harder than most.  She is not only great on the court, she is an excellent student and all around individual.  If I were U of Mary or any other school, I would be happy to have her.  Now, let's talk about the girls, since they actually read this site.  I think that Bismarck has an excellant program...note how they have decided to play duing the summer..just like Mandan.  Way to go Coach Meier!  They will be int he top next year.  And Century...LaFrance and Jossart are great young ladies and good luck to them next year.  I truly enjoyed watching the Feeney girls.  Could they be better than the Kielpinskis?  They sure have speed and some great shots.  You know, the west has some great teams and they will rise to the occasion again next year.

i dont think they can be as good as the kielpinskis but i tihnk they will carve a nitch as a very talented basketball family

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:51 am

demonfan74 wrote:
And don't talk about fouls.  Mandan wouldn't have won if lafrance and jossart weren't in foul trouble.  Up 8 with them in, two minutes later she's out and they lost the lead.  Kelsch is over-rated and kraft is good, but there are much, much better players out there.  I don't believe she is even playing in college.  I would put jossart, adams, or sundheim on my team  before her.

Not saying Kraft is a shoe in, but don't count her out just because she isn't even playing in college.  She had plenty of offers, good ones too, such as UND, but chose school over basketball.  And as I recall, a fellow demon of yours Ryan Dressler was chosen to the team and is not playing basketball and going to school at UND.  So just because someone is not playing in college doesn't mean they are not good enough to and do not deserve to be on the Lions team.
baseball4

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:44 pm

baseball4 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
And don't talk about fouls.  Mandan wouldn't have won if lafrance and jossart weren't in foul trouble.  Up 8 with them in, two minutes later she's out and they lost the lead.  Kelsch is over-rated and kraft is good, but there are much, much better players out there.  I don't believe she is even playing in college.  I would put jossart, adams, or sundheim on my team  before her.

Not saying Kraft is a shoe in, but don't count her out just because she isn't even playing in college.  She had plenty of offers, good ones too, such as UND, but chose school over basketball.  And as I recall, a fellow demon of yours Ryan Dressler was chosen to the team and is not playing basketball and going to school at UND.  So just because someone is not playing in college doesn't mean they are not good enough to and do not deserve to be on the Lions team.

Yes, I know that.  I didn't choose her because I didn't think she was one of the top 6 seniors in the wda.  It had nothing to do with not playing in college.  I'm sure she did get offers, but are you serious und made an offer? She's a decent player, but like I said, not one of my top 6. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:47 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
baseball4 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

Yes, I know that.  I didn't choose her because I didn't think she was one of the top 6 seniors in the wda.  It had nothing to do with not playing in college.  I'm sure she did get offers, but are you serious und made an offer? She's a decent player, but like I said, not one of my top 6. 

she wuz the best point guard in the wda unless u want to call lafrance a point guard then she wuz 2nd and i think there will be more wda than edc

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Tiger Pride wrote:Easily pick #2 goes to La France.

Your turn.

Good choice.  I'd say for #3 I want a shooting guard and would go with adams.  I like the jossart girl a lot, but adams has size and strength.  I'd say jossart played better than her at the end of the year, but I'm still sticking with adams. 

Your turn and try to fill that third guard spot.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:49 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
baseball4 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

she wuz the best point guard in the wda unless u want to call lafrance a point guard then she wuz 2nd and i think there will be more wda than edc

Her 6 pts 2 asst aren't that impressive for me.

I thought it had to be an even number of players from the wda and edc. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:51 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
baseball4 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

im not really sure and offense is only half of the game also and 2 assists per game isnt accurate more like 5

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:52 pm

i should clarify on wut i meant because her stats mite say 2 per game stats like assists are never really accurate

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:54 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
baseball4 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

im not really sure and offense is only half of the game also and 2 assists per game isnt accurate more like 5

I agree offense isn't the entire game, but in an all-star game that's what people want.  Just think of the nba all-star game, they aren't going to pick the best defensive player on every team over the best offensive player.

I guaruntee you she didn't have 5.  The tribune often listed the leaders in scoring, rebs, asst and no one in the wda had more than 4, and she wasn't one of them.  I believe power from st marys, sundheim from minot, and lafrance had 4.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:57 pm

u obviously missed wut i wuz sayin kraft gives it to kielpinski she hits a shot that is an assists but there are many times the stat guy wont mark it down i watched almost every game and she wuz around 4-7 every game

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:00 pm

cdub1 wrote:u obviously missed wut i wuz sayin kraft gives it to kielpinski she hits a shot that is an assists but there are many times the stat guy wont mark it down i watched almost every game and she wuz around 4-7 every game

You could say that about anyone.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:01 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:u obviously missed wut i wuz sayin kraft gives it to kielpinski she hits a shot that is an assists but there are many times the stat guy wont mark it down i watched almost every game and she wuz around 4-7 every game

ok so then 6 points and 5 assists isnt that bad is it along with leading the best defense in the state

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:06 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

ok so then 6 points and 5 assists isnt that bad is it along with leading the best defense in the state

See you don't know that for a fact.  Obviously, student managers aren't going to get every statistic, especially assists.  Points and rebounds are easy to stat and I get what you're saying.  But other players out there are in the same boat.  Maybe jossart not only avg 13 pts, but with teammates like fettig and lafrance, she could have had 4-5 apg, or lafrance may have had 7-8.  Sundheim dished it to adams quite a bit, maybe hers go up to 6. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:17 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

See you don't know that for a fact.  Obviously, student managers aren't going to get every statistic, especially assists.  Points and rebounds are easy to stat and I get what you're saying.  But other players out there are in the same boat.  Maybe jossart not only avg 13 pts, but with teammates like fettig and lafrance, she could have had 4-5 apg, or lafrance may have had 7-8.  Sundheim dished it to adams quite a bit, maybe hers go up to 6. 

i dont know if for a fact and wont say i do but assists are the hardest thing to chart it also depends in ur scorekeeper is generous with them or not for boys one game i counted maurer at 9 and he wuz listed at 3

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:23 pm

cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

i dont know if for a fact and wont say i do but assists are the hardest thing to chart it also depends in ur scorekeeper is generous with them or not for boys one game i counted maurer at 9 and he wuz listed at 3

I know what you are saying, that's exactly what I stated above.  It's just a tough argument because until you get to the college or professional level, most statistics aren't extremely accurate.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:24 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

I know what you are saying, that's exactly what I stated above.  It's just a tough argument because until you get to the college or professional level, most statistics aren't extremely accurate.

we've actually agreed on something that is a first haha

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:27 pm

Mark this day cdub, mark this day.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 22bball22 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:51 pm

Baller wrote:West:

Kielpinski, Lafrance, Kraft, Jossart, Kelsh, Adams Alternate = Fettig

I left off Steffan as she will likely play volleyball

East:

Hanson, Archigo, Shuler, Thorson, Michael-Vance, Black Alternate =Cochran
Not sure if Shuler would play basketball or Volleyball

Those are my picks...and actually all the coaches choose the team at the coaches meeting during the state tournament.

Schuler wont play volleyball
22bball22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Carl08 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:55 pm

depending on her knee???
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:31 pm

So we have Jessica K., LaFrance, and Adams

This is where I think it gets sticky, we have two guards and a center.  If you are thinking about what the players already choosen can do or you think they can do, then I think I have a 5-4 position player, a 2-3 position player and Adams who I am guessing is purely a shooting guard.  I either need a 3-4 player or a pure 1 player.  The way I figure this I have four girls to choose from, Fettig, Kelsch, Kraft and Jossart.  If I want a pure 1 I go with Kraft an edge or Jossart because of D and I don't care if she scores.  If I go with a 3-4 type I go with Fettig.  Over the course of the season I like her agressive play (is prone to foule trouble).  So I suppose I have waffled enough.

I take Kraft.

Your turn

And I think the east should give up on spot to the west this year.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls