Lion's All-star Team

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:55 am

Wild Wolves wrote:So we have Jessica K., LaFrance, and Adams

This is where I think it gets sticky, we have two guards and a center.  If you are thinking about what the players already choosen can do or you think they can do, then I think I have a 5-4 position player, a 2-3 position player and Adams who I am guessing is purely a shooting guard.  I either need a 3-4 player or a pure 1 player.  The way I figure this I have four girls to choose from, Fettig, Kelsch, Kraft and Jossart.  If I want a pure 1 I go with Kraft an edge or Jossart because of D and I don't care if she scores.  If I go with a 3-4 type I go with Fettig.  Over the course of the season I like her agressive play (is prone to foule trouble).  So I suppose I have waffled enough.

I take Kraft.

Your turn

And I think the east should give up on spot to the west this year.

I would take fettig and use her as a 4.  I agree her aggressive play is a good thing, in that she doesn't back down from her opponents.  Only sometimes I wish she would have passed the ball a bit more, instead of trying to shoot over 2 or 3 defenders (to her credit, she did pass more at the end of the season).

Does anyone know when they announce the team?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:28 pm

i think the girls find out the end of April.  Not sure if they publish anything before June.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:01 pm

With the last pick everyone that I can think of is a junior other than the last two on the previous list.  Jossart or Kelsch.

Based on the posts we have Fettig/J.K./   The wings Adams and LaFrance and the point Kraft.  I would want someone who is can play all over the court and I think Kelsch gives me more options 3-5 where as Jossart is 1-2.

Definetly think Jossart is deserving, wish I knew more about the east.  perhaps my picks would have been different.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndguy256 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:02 pm

My picks from the West would be:

Kielpinksi
LaFrance
Jossart
Kelsch
Adams

I think that the starting 5 for the lions A team should be:

Shuler
Adams
LaFrance
Kelsch
Kielpinski

There may be a better 4 you could put in over Kelsch, but with her having played with Kielpinski since 3rd grade, those two work together so well.
ndguy256
NDPreps Rookie

Postby justbecause » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Fettig vs. Kelsch

My pick is Fettig!  Both are good players, I just believe Fettig is more deserving.  Century had a big hole to fill with Whitney Ledger graduating, and I believe Fettig had stepped up to the plate! 

I guess we will have to wait and see.  Picking for both All-State and Lion's Team are tough to do.
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux75 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:51 pm

Mandan had big shoes to fill after the 2005 season as well.  True Century lost Ledger, but Mandan lost Miss Basketball, Rebecca Kielpinski.   With a record of 48-2, two WDA regular season and tournament championships, and two more state championships since then, I'd say a number of Mandan girls have stepped up.

sioux75

Postby justbecause » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:12 pm

Well of course a number of girls will step up when senior players grauate.  That is a no brainer.

I just hope you feel that if a number of Mandan girls have stepped up, you will also have to believe a number of CHS girls, and Devils Lake girls have also stepped up, beings these 2 teams can hand with Mandan.  But we could talk about this for pages.

So getting back to equally picking players for the game.

Fettig leads her team in rebounds, and scoring.  That has to be worth something?maybe?!?!

May I remind you "FETTIG" had 27 points against MISS BASKETBALL.  I don't think there is another post player in the state capable of that!  Either Fettig had really good Offense, or Miss Basketball, and Kelsch together had really poor Defense.

If Kelsch gets chosen over Fettig, I think we will all know why?!?   POLITICS!!!
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:11 pm

justbecause wrote:Well of course a number of girls will step up when senior players grauate.  That is a no brainer.

I just hope you feel that if a number of Mandan girls have stepped up, you will also have to believe a number of CHS girls, and Devils Lake girls have also stepped up, beings these 2 teams can hand with Mandan.  But we could talk about this for pages.

Fettig leads her team in rebounds, and scoring.  That has to be worth something?maybe?!?!

May I remind you "FETTIG" had 27 points against MISS BASKETBALL.  I don't think there is another post player in the state capable of that!  Either Fettig had really good Offense, or Miss Basketball, and Kelsch together had really poor Defense.

If Kelsch gets chosen over Fettig, I think we will all know why?!?   POLITICS!!!

heather nuss was a lions all star so of course kelsch will be i think amundson will make sure of that

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sioux75 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:35 am

If I remember Nuss was an alternate.
sioux75

Postby Wildcat » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:53 am

I would take Fettig over Kelsch just because I think she's a better player. The times I watched Kelsch, she didn't do much and she fouled out one of the times. She didn't have very good games in the ones I watched.

That being said, I know she's a good player because so many people can't be wrong and everyone tells me she's good. I just think Fettig is better.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 22bball22 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:29 pm

demonfan74 wrote:

This is where I think it gets sticky, we have two guards and a center.  If you are thinking about what the players already choosen can do or you think they can do, then I think I have a 5-4 position player, a 2-3 position player and Adams who I am guessing is purely a shooting guard.  I either need a 3-4 player or a pure 1 player.  The way I figure this I have four girls to choose from, Fettig, Kelsch, Kraft and Jossart.  If I want a pure 1 I go with Kraft an edge or Jossart because of D and I don't care if she scores.  If I go with a 3-4 type I go with Fettig.  Over the course of the season I like her agressive play (is prone to foule trouble).  So I suppose I have waffled enough.

I take Kraft.

Your turn

I would take fettig and use her as a 4.  I agree her aggressive play is a good thing, in that she doesn't back down from her opponents.  Only sometimes I wish she would have passed the ball a bit more, instead of trying to shoot over 2 or 3 defenders (to her credit, she did pass more at the end of the season).

the girls have already been invited and informed about being on the team.
22bball22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby just a bb fan » Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

22bball22 wrote:
demonfan74 wrote:

I take Kraft.

Your turn

the girls have already been invited and informed about being on the team.

do you know when it's announced to the public?
just a bb fan

Postby demonfan74 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:05 pm

Other than being bias, I don't understand anyone's thought process if they choose kelsch over fettig.  Fettig made the all-state team and kelsch didn't.  You can argue that kielpinski and kelsch would play good together, but then you could also say lafrance and fettig would play good together. 

Also, in a few posts back someone stated that kelsch should start over jossart because jossart plays only the 1-2 and kelsch plays 3-5.  Well I think lafrance was at the point most of the time and jossart was at the 3 because they had another shorter guard who was the 2.  To say kelsch is a 3 is strange, because I've never seen her outside the lane. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:22 pm

demonfan74 wrote:Other than being bias, I don't understand anyone's thought process if they choose kelsch over fettig.  Fettig made the all-state team and kelsch didn't.  You can argue that kielpinski and kelsch would play good together, but then you could also say lafrance and fettig would play good together. 

Also, in a few posts back someone stated that kelsch should start over jossart because jossart plays only the 1-2 and kelsch plays 3-5.  Well I think lafrance was at the point most of the time and jossart was at the 3 because they had another shorter guard who was the 2.  To say kelsch is a 3 is strange, because I've never seen her outside the lane. 

Kelsch is strictly a 4,5.  All star selections are about stats, primarily scoring.  The only way I see Kelsch making it is if Steffan plays volleyball or if they take all of the above and go to the east for the guards (Besides LaFrance of course). 
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 pm

i see kelsch making it not only because she is good but also because amundson is picking

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:16 pm

cdub1 wrote:i see kelsch making it not only because she is good but also because amundson is picking

You've got a good point. 
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:37 pm

Deuce wrote:
cdub1 wrote:i see kelsch making it not only because she is good but also because amundson is picking

You've got a good point. 

Then would that be considered "politics" too?
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:54 pm

demonfan74 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

You've got a good point. 

nuss would be idk about kelsch because she is a top player

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby just a bb fan » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:58 am

demonfan74 wrote:
Deuce wrote:

You've got a good point. 

Yes.
just a bb fan

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:17 am

justbecause wrote:Well of course a number of girls will step up when senior players grauate.  That is a no brainer.

I believe that was the game over in Century when keilpinski got like 2 fouls in the first 3 mins of the game. So she didn't have Miss Basketball in here face the whole game. Also i believe kelsch was in foul trouble as well. Leaving Fettig gaurded by a sophmore Paige Jensen or Senior Alicia Hermanson. They just got hosed over in Century for there only loss of the season. I guess that must have been FETTIG's dream to shut down Miss Basketball for one game that really made a difference in the 2nd game of the season.

Where was Fettig to shut-down keilpinski in the State semi's to lift her to team to championship?? Having Keilpinski in her face made a huge difference....she scored 9 points on 2-8 shooting. When Miss Basketball had 16.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby justbecause » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:37 am

The game FETTIG had 27 points was the last post season matchup between CHS and Mandan at the Mandan gym.  Both Kelsch and Kelpinski were not in foul trouble.

Accept the facts, and get them straight!
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:35 am

The post season means after the regular season and they don't play those games in Mandan.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbfollower » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:42 am

justbecause wrote:The game FETTIG had 27 points was the last post season matchup between CHS and Mandan at the Mandan gym.  Both Kelsch and Kelpinski were not in foul trouble.

Accept the facts, and get them straight!

Sounds like you need to get the facts straight.
bbfollower
NDPreps Starter

Postby justbecause » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:03 pm

I apologize, I should have read what I wrote before sending. 

The game I'm referring to is the game held between CHS and Mandan, at the Mandan gym Tuesday January 30th, 2007 @7:30 pm.
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wild Wolves » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:58 pm

[font=Arial]CENTURY (56): Andrea LaFrance 2-6 1-5 5, Steph Miller 4-8 0-0 8, Courtney Fettig 9-16 9-14 27, Brittany Kuntz 1-3 1-2 3, Brittany Jossart 2-12 4-6 10, Tasha Michelsen 1-5 0-0 2, Dana Asplund 0-2 1-2 1, MadiBuck 0-0 0-0 0, Sam harris 0-0 0-0 0.Totals: 19-52 16-29 56.

MANDAN (68): Cassandra Kelsch 1-5 1-1 3, Marlee Finley 4-6 3-4 14, Jessica Kielpinski 6-10 8-8 20, Mic Kraft 2-10 3-4 8, AliCollins 4-8 2-6 11, Melissa Strandemo 0-4 2-2 2, Paige Jensen 4-9 0-0 8, Alicia Hermanson 0-1 2-2 2. Totals: 21-53 21-27 68.

Halftime:Mandan 42, Century 24.

3-pointers: C 2-17 (Jossart 2); M 5-13 (Finley 3, Kraft 1, Collins 1). Rebounds: C 39 (Miller 9, LaFrance 8, Fettig 6, Jossart 6); M 35 (Kielpinski 5, Kraft 5, Finley 5, Kelsch 5). Assists: C 8 (LaFrance 5); M 13 (Kraft 4). Steals: C 12 (LaFrance 6); M 16 (Kraft 6). Blocks: C 3; M 8 (Kielpinski 5). Turnovers:C 29; M 19. Fouls:C 20; M 23. Fouled out: Kelsch.[/font]

This is the game you are referring to, check the halftime score and the scoring for the rest of the team.  Fettig was the only player that showed up, LaFrance was in fould troubl if I remember correctly and Jossart was off.  I don't think Jess played the entire game.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Girls