Lion's All-star Team

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Lion's All-star Team

Postby bballfan1 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:13 am

It seems, as I look at the class B forum, that the team has been made already. Is that true? and if it is has class A been formed yet?
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:27 am

Teams have been chosen, but players are asked to keep it to themselves until the press release is made. Obviously some of the Class B players have not done so. The press release is usually made sometime in May.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:39 pm

Eminence wrote:When is the All-star game? Is it in Fargo or Bismarck this summer?

At Bismarck on Tuesday, July 15 and at Fargo on Wednesday, July 16th - doubleheader with girls and boys playing the same nights. I assume girls play first.

Chosen by the "North Dakota High School Coaches Association's All Star Selection Committee." whatever that is?
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:52 am

EDC wrote:
Eminence wrote:When is the All-star game? Is it in Fargo or Bismarck this summer?

At Bismarck on Tuesday, July 15 and at Fargo on Wednesday, July 16th - doubleheader with girls and boys playing the same nights. I assume girls play first.

Chosen by the "North Dakota High School Coaches Association's All Star Selection Committee." whatever that is?

I think we have said this before.... the EDC and WDA coaches pick 6 seniors each, then the players are asked if they choose to play or not, if they dont choose to play because of other commitments then the head coach of the all star game (Amundson) picks any senior he wants regardless of what conference they are from. There is NO "North Dakota High School Coaches Association's All Star Selection Committee."
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:47 pm

Coach Jacobson is assistant coach for Class A at the Lions game. "North Dakota High School Coaches Association's All Star Selection Committee" is the wording on the letter sent out to the players. I can see how all the coaches have a say in who is named for the Class A team. How are the players named/picked for Class B? Maybe that is where I get a little confused. The selection process must be different for the two classes??
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:48 am

Im not sure but I think in Class B each region votes for one or two players for the Lions game, then the "commitee" picks the 12 players... anyone know for sure?
Steve Meiers from Bismarck was supposed to be the asst coach for Class A but declined, Flaagan from South also declined, so they went to the 4th place coach and Jacobson accepted.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Sat May 03, 2008 10:54 pm

Have the teams been announced yet? Any names?
dgfsuperfan1

Postby bruins44 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:50 am

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:Have the teams been announced yet? Any names?

dgfsuperfan1 - you know they have been announced !! and you know the names but here they are again...
Class A: Kylie Messer, St. Mary's; Mara Paulson, Fargo Shanley; Lexi Braun, Wahpeton; Andi Wheeler, Grand Forks Red River; Sarah Smith, Grand Forks Red River' Lynn Messer, Dickinson; Lauren Carew, Fargo Shanley; Karli Gilberston, Bismarck; Alex Feeney, Bismarck; Marlee Finley, Mandan; Kristen Anstadt, Fargo South; Vittoria Poole, Minot.

Class B: Samantha Baldwin, Grafton; Paige Anderson, Watford City; Kristin Bearstail, Bismarck Shiloh Christian; Jada Meiklejohn, LaMoure; Abby Nasset, Bowman County; Kristen Killoran, Maple Valley; Christine Miller, New Town; Brittany Wirth, Starkweather-Munich; Tana Trotter, Killdeer; Brittany Anderson, Bowman County; Valerie Scherr, Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock; Samantha Dravland, Grafton.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby playdshoot3 » Tue May 06, 2008 5:42 pm

Looks like it should be a pretty fun team to watch
playdshoot3

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:22 pm

bruins44 wrote:

dgfsuperfan1 - you know they have been announced !! and you know the names but here they are again...
Class A: Kylie Messer, St. Mary's; Mara Paulson, Fargo Shanley; Lexi Braun, Wahpeton; Andi Wheeler, Grand Forks Red River; Sarah Smith, Grand Forks Red River' Lynn Messer, Dickinson; Lauren Carew, Fargo Shanley; Karli Gilberston, Bismarck; Alex Feeney, Bismarck; Marlee Finley, Mandan; Kristen Anstadt, Fargo South; Vittoria Poole, Minot.

Class B: Samantha Baldwin, Grafton; Paige Anderson, Watford City; Kristin Bearstail, Bismarck Shiloh Christian; Jada Meiklejohn, LaMoure; Abby Nasset, Bowman County; Kristen Killoran, Maple Valley; Christine Miller, New Town; Brittany Wirth, Starkweather-Munich; Tana Trotter, Killdeer; Brittany Anderson, Bowman County; Valerie Scherr, Hazelton-Moffit-Braddock; Samantha Dravland, Grafton.

Thanks for the list of names. I had missed it elsewhere.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Wed May 07, 2008 5:48 pm

bruins44 wrote:

Whats up with the Class A team? its all post players with just a few guards. So those guards are going to play the whole game? Hopefully the Bs don't pressure all game, or the As will have some tired puppies out there! I realize that this years seniors was "post" dominated but you'd think there would be a few more guards to choose from. Too bad Privratsky got hurt. Could she still play if she is recovered by then? In theory anyway, i know the teams are already set.
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue May 13, 2008 4:29 pm

Just because they are post, don't assume they cannot run the floor. Plus you forget they have Amundson as their coach (know for the pressure).
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 pm

It should be a fun game to watch, but 3 Miss Basketball candidates are missing from the Class B roster.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HitManHoops » Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:32 pm

What times are the games next week girls and boys?
HitManHoops

Postby 2008tournement » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:09 pm

HitManHoops wrote:What times are the games next week girls and boys?

Tuesday at 6pm Bismarck Civic Center. Wedneday 6pm Fargo Civic Center. Boys to follow each night at 8pm. Advanced tickets can be purchased ahead of time from Lions members and NoDak mutual agents.
2008tournement

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:40 pm

Once again, I'll express my concern of the Class A having mostly post players and few guards. How can you win with only post players? :? I guess we'll find out. Hopefully the A's can use their size to get it done!
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby EastGuruWannabe » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:33 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:Once again, I'll express my concern of the Class A having mostly post players and few guards. How can you win with only post players? :? I guess we'll find out. Hopefully the A's can use their size to get it done!

Class A 66 - Class B 55. Shows you how much I know. :roll:
EastGuruWannabe
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:41 am

I thought Class A played a good game, but it was sad that Class B was short several of their outstanding players like Miller (Miss Basketball), Samantha Schmidt, and Jenna Gillette. I think Miller hurt her knee, and I don't know what happened to the other girls.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:58 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:I thought Class A played a good game, but it was sad that Class B was short several of their outstanding players like Miller (Miss Basketball), Samantha Schmidt, and Jenna Gillette. I think Miller hurt her knee, and I don't know what happened to the other girls.

Training violations

The Class A boys dont have their top 6 players because of training violations and they still won last night
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:27 pm

EastGuruWannabe wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:Once again, I'll express my concern of the Class A having mostly post players and few guards. How can you win with only post players? :? I guess we'll find out. Hopefully the A's can use their size to get it done!

I was at the game and have a few observations;

1. Amundson is a great coach.
2. The big class a girls dominated as expected, class b had some height, but it did not look like they were used to playing against other big girls.
3. Amundson had to some girls play out of their regular positons that did well, such as Finley at 2 and Anstadt at 3. They both had good nights in those positions. Anstadt got several assits into the other big girls.
4. The "big" class a girls ran the court better than the class b girls. They pushed the ball up the court better and had more fast breaks.
5. If the class b girls make their three point shots tonight in Fargo, we may have a completely different out come.
6, Amundson is a great coach.
dgfsuperfan1

Postby bruins44 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:19 pm

dgfsuperfan1 wrote:
EastGuruWannabe wrote:

I was at the game and have a few observations;

1. Amundson is a great coach.
2. The big class a girls dominated as expected, class b had some height, but it did not look like they were used to playing against other big girls.
3. Amundson had to some girls play out of their regular positons that did well, such as Finley at 2 and Anstadt at 3. They both had good nights in those positions. Anstadt got several assits into the other big girls.
4. The "big" class a girls ran the court better than the class b girls. They pushed the ball up the court better and had more fast breaks.
5. If the class b girls make their three point shots tonight in Fargo, we may have a completely different out come.
6, Amundson is a great coach.

I guess players making plays make a great coach?! the class A girls were dominated by the B girls in Fargo, the A girls looked slow and could not handle the ball, what ever they did in Bismarck the B coaches made big adjustments because the B's were a better team in Fargo.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:12 am

I guess mandan just had a bunch of players who made plays the last 5 years?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby dgfsuperfan1 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 am

EastGuruWannabe wrote:

Your observations were correct for the second game. Class A looked sluggish and Class B looked sharp and made their shots. The three pointers they made in the first half got them out to a better start and the class b posts stayed out of foul trouble last night. It was a completely different game than tuesday.
dgfsuperfan1

Previous

Return to Girls