EDC/WDA upsets

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Carl08 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:13 am

Just wondering if anyone thinks there could potentially be some upsets in the EDC/WDA tournament or state tournament?
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:20 am

the 2-3 matchup in the east is south/DL...whoever loses that game will cross bracekts and play the loser of Red River/West Fargo.  That will probably be the only chance of upset in the east.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Carl08 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:24 am

Baller wrote:the 2-3 matchup in the east is south/DL...whoever loses that game will cross bracekts and play the loser of Red River/West Fargo.  That will probably be the only chance of upset in the east.

So do you think shanley wins it and beats South or DL?
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:25 am

Wow...The 4-5 games are really important this year as the top three are so strong from both regions.

The winner of  the Minot/dickinson game will get the winner of the TM/Jamestown game to get in.  The loser will get the loser of the Bismarck/Century game.

I predict #4 to be.....dude over TM
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Carl08 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:24 pm

Baller wrote:Wow...The 4-5 games are really important this year as the top three are so strong from both regions.

The winner of  the Minot/dickinson game will get the winner of the TM/Jamestown game to get in.  The loser will get the loser of the Bismarck/Century game.

I predict #4 to be.....dude over TM

That also means that the getting the #1 seed is very important...especially for the EDC teams such as Shanley or DL...it will make a first round win much easier than having to go up against Bis., Bis. Century, or Mandan
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:29 pm

Shanley and DL will meet in the championship and SHS will win so no upset there, the only upset i see happening is RR over WF and then POSSIBLY WF or RR over South but i doubt it. 

At the state tournament...I think that either DL or SHS could pull off a win against Bismarck or Century...both would be pretty big upsets being that the West has been considered so much better throughout the year.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby sioux75 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:49 am

As I understand the match-ups it in the WDA it will be:

Mandan v. winner of St. Mary's and Williston, (probably St. Mary's) - Mandan will win.

Dickinson v. Minot.  Minot is the four seed and beat Dickinson twice, by 9 and by 5.  Dickinson could win, but a 5 seed over a 4 seed isn't really an upset.  The winner of this game gets Mandan and Mandan will win.

The loser of the Dickinson - Minot, will beat St. Mary's, and advance to the play in game.

The other bracket has:

Bismarck v.  Turtle Mountain.  Bismarck will win.

Century v. Jamestown Century will win.

The Bismarck v. Century game in the semis is a toss-up, with both previous games going to overtime. 

Jamestown should beat Turtle Mountain and advance to the play-in game.

The final day is where some upsets could occur.

If Mandan lost it would be an upset, but I don't think it will happen.

Jamestown could beat either Dickinson or Minot.

And either Dickinson or Minot could beat the loser of the Bismarck-Century game.  If that would happen that would be a big upset.
sioux75

Postby UND#1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:24 am

I got 1.Mandan

2.Century

3. BHS

4. Minot
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby bert1072 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:54 am

bballfan1 wrote:Shanley and DL will meet in the championship and SHS will win so no upset there, the only upset i see happening is RR over WF and then POSSIBLY WF or RR over South but i doubt it. 

At the state tournament...I think that either DL or SHS could pull off a win against Bismarck or Century...both would be pretty big upsets being that the West has been considered so much better throughout the year.

It should be interesting to see if shan and dl actually meet because they are both ona neutral court since they beat each other onhome courts. shanley at home by 4or5, dl at home by about 15-20 so i think it will boil down to who can shot the best on the alerus floor and thats assuming they don't get knocked off earlier
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:53 am

South has played 9 games in the Alerus Center... they are 8 - 1, with the only lose coming in the State title game last year, so the Bruins play very well in that Building!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:04 am

bruins44 wrote:South has played 9 games in the Alerus Center... they are 8 - 1, with the only lose coming in the State title game last year, so the Bruins play very well in that Building!

almost an entirely different team than they had in years past...with little tournament experience other than their two posts.  I'm gonna bet that the lack of experience will get to their young guards.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:24 pm

definitely going to be Shanley dominating all the way to the state tournament........

maybe the only threat at EDC will be South or DL if they play well.......just depends

for the first time in years, the Shanley girls and guys' games are seperated from each other, giving the fans the ability to attend both..............look out for a rowdy, loud Shanley crowd
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby bert1072 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:37 am

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:definitely going to be Shanley dominating all the way to the state tournament........

maybe the only threat at EDC will be South or DL if they play well.......just depends

for the first time in years, the Shanley girls and guys' games are seperated from each other, giving the fans the ability to attend both..............look out for a rowdy, loud Shanley crowd

so by your way of thinking no one else needs to show up is that it? heres the key lg they all have to play even shanley. they could get knocked off as easily as anyone else the key is shanley is young also so as the old statement it is the team that shows up not season records
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby kgmvp8807 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:57 am

bert1072 wrote:
LG_Shanley2007 wrote:definitely going to be Shanley dominating all the way to the state tournament........

so by your way of thinking no one else needs to show up is that it? heres the key lg they all have to play even shanley. they could get knocked off as easily as anyone else the key is shanley is young also so as the old statement it is the team that shows up not season records

yes the #1 seed doesnt guarantee a spot at state. they have to earn it, just like every other team that will represent the east at state. just 2 years ago south was seeded #1 and lost the 1 vs 8 game and ended up missing the state tournament. anything can happen come tourney time
kgmvp8807

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:06 am

The problem with LG is that he or she has blinders on!! and the only team that can dribble or shoot a layup is their beloved SHANLEY.

This group of deacons have not been through the pressure of being the hunted...
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:12 am

kgmvp8807 wrote:
bert1072 wrote:

yes the #1 seed doesnt guarantee a spot at state. they have to earn it, just like every other team that will represent the east at state. just 2 years ago south was seeded #1 and lost the 1 vs 8 game and ended up missing the state tournament. anything can happen come tourney time

Not only did South lose to the #8 seed two years ago but that same #8 seed finished 4th at the state tournament and almost upset Century in the Semi final game, so there are always upsets, thats why you play the game.... but I guess Shanley doesnt have to, lets just give them the Region title,  Right LG
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:26 am

Of course shanley doesn't have the automatic one seed, but a trip to the state tournament will really be expected due to the strength (or lack of) in the EDC this year.  I'm sure the Shanley team knows they need to come to play especially because the varsity girls...w/ the exception of Schuler were all members of the 8th seeded team that beat South and VC and went on to take 4th at the state tourney.  The difference though is that the Shanley team that went to state two years ago was not like the 6, 7, 8 seeds this year.  The team had underachieved all year and had lost to South by 1 and 2 points in their regular season games.  Brittany Geffre, Jessica Sampson, and Guili Varriano were all on that team.
Last edited by Carl08 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby LG_Shanley2007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:36 pm

bruins44 wrote:The problem with LG is that he or she has blinders on!! and the only team that can dribble or shoot a layup is their beloved SHANLEY.

first of all, i'm not a horse...........

secondly, what does dribbling and shooting have to do with anything i said

i'm going by what i have witnessed in the games that i've seen...........sure, that may not be the best indicator of how they'll perform come tourney time, but i'll take my chances....................

i'll worry about us being hunted come State BBALL........
LG_Shanley2007
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:18 pm

LG_Shanley2007 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:The problem with LG is that he or she has blinders on!! and the only team that can dribble or shoot a layup is their beloved SHANLEY.

first of all, i'm not a horse...........

secondly, what does dribbling and shooting have to do with anything i said

i'm going by what i have witnessed in the games that i've seen...........sure, that may not be the best indicator of how they'll perform come tourney time, but i'll take my chances....................

i'll worry about us being hunted come State BBALL........
well you wont have to worry about that cause shanley will be lucky to make it to the semis and if they do make it that far there gonna get smoked by Bismarck,Century, or Mandan.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Carl08 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:38 pm

Let's just see how it all plays out, why don't we.. anyone could win this thing!
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:53 pm

Let's just put it this way: If century doesn't beat mandan at state, no one will.  I promise you.  I think anyone in the wda who has seen these teams play, knows this is true.  Bismarck high can not compete with them (sadly, they never have and never will), and I guaruntee minot will not play that close with them again.  However, I think any other team in the East is capable of beating any other team in the West, with the exception of mandan.   
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Trickey7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:48 am

Shanley is going to win it all... They have baby Jesus on their side who is much more potent than full grown Jesus and Chuck Norris.
Trickey7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby shs01240 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:49 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=1447]Trickey7[/user] wrote:
Shanley is going to win it all... They have baby Jesus on their side who is much more potent than full grown Jesus and Chuck Norris.
</span>

Haha, couldn't have said it any better.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsubball » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:20 pm

yah they may have that but  that doesnt always mean your going to win but go ahead and think that because you guys will be in for a suprise come tomorrow or friday
ndsubball

Postby shs01240 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:29 pm

<span class="texteditorenhanced">[user=105]ndsubball[/user] wrote:
yah they may have that but  that doesnt always mean your going to win but go ahead and think that because you guys will be in for a suprise come tomorrow or friday
</span>

Yes... because Fargo North is a threat....
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Girls