shanley

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby persha1 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:30 am

Hey

Did Shanley lock in the EDC season title???
persha1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:45 am

Yes, the are the regular season champs!! 

Congratulations to them..
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby kgmvp8807 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:26 am

yep they clinched it with a win over wahpeton on tuesday night. edc and state should be exciting. can anyone stop mandan
kgmvp8807

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:30 am

kgmvp8807 wrote:yep they clinched it with a win over wahpeton on tuesday night. edc and state should be exciting. can anyone stop mandan

dont think so but you never know they had a close game against minot

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 666 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:56 am

i believe that mandan will not win state this year!!! i think that a team from the east is goin to take it DL is playing some great bball and so is Shanley.

Postby Strike3? » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:48 pm

666 wrote:i believe that mandan will not win state this year!!! i think that a team from the east is goin to take it DL is playing some great bball and so is Shanley.

Im gonna disagree and say Mandan will win state this year and if they dont win it which i dont think will happen the team winning state will be either Century or Bismarck, although i like Centurys chances better than Bismarcks.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:23 pm

how does the tournament look to lineup, as far as East VS West in all 3 rounds. Wouldn't Mandan have to play Bismarck or Century before the championship? it'd be nice if someone knew how the bracket will look...not just predicitons.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:12 pm

Isnt Mandan ranked in the top 25 nationally in a poll, I dont think they are going to lose when you get a team from North Dakota ranked nationally in a poll
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:16 pm

Here's last years bracket.  I think its the same each year with the west 1 & 3 seeds matched up with the 2 & 4 seeds from the East in one side of the bracket and the east 1 & 3 seeds matched up with the west 2 & 4 seeds on the other side.

http://www2.edutech.nodak.edu/edcbb/Girls/state.html
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Spoof_Team » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:02 am

Claz B Fan wrote:Isnt Mandan ranked in the top 25 nationally in a poll, I dont think they are going to lose when you get a team from North Dakota ranked nationally in a poll

That doesn't matter - it's state, and the whole field wants a piece of them. They may make it far, but it won't be an easy walk all over the state. Plus, they've lost this year. They are not immune to losses. Kielpinski or no Kielpinski.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:47 am

Spoof_Team wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:Isnt Mandan ranked in the top 25 nationally in a poll, I dont think they are going to lose when you get a team from North Dakota ranked nationally in a poll

That doesn't matter - it's state, and the whole field wants a piece of them. They may make it far, but it won't be an easy walk all over the state. Plus, they've lost this year. They are not immune to losses. Kielpinski or no Kielpinski.

they walked through state last year i predict something similar this year

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Carl08 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:39 pm

I thought this was a shanley topic...

just saying.:)
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Emo Philips
Carl08
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:44 pm

Carl08 wrote:I thought this was a shanley topic...

just saying.:)

it is how is schuler doin rite now u all think

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Spoof_Team » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:05 am

cdub1 wrote:
Spoof_Team wrote:

LAST YEAR?! Try living in the present, not the past. Mandan is not unbeatable and has their flaws. It's up to the rest of the state to find and exploit them.
Spoof_Team
NDPreps Starter

Postby Strike3? » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:14 am

Spoof_Team wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Spoof_Team wrote:

LAST YEAR?! Try living in the present, not the past. Mandan is not unbeatable and has their flaws. It's up to the rest of the state to find and exploit them.

and just what are these flaws? ive been to a lot of games and i am yet to see any flaws.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:36 am

Possibly all the west teams are a little overconfident.  State is in Fargo and if Shanley boys and girls get in it is a big deal for Shanley.  Big deals mean lots of school spirit and lots of fans.  Everybody except the team Shanley plays (including the other West teams) will be pulling for Shanley.  If Shanley can hang early who knows.
Last edited by EDC on Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:43 am

EDC wrote:Possibly all the west teams are a little overconfident.  State is in Fargo and if Shanley boys and girls get in it is a big deal for Shanley.  Big deals mean lots of school spirit and lots of fans.  Everybody except the team Shanley plays (including the other West teams) will be pulling for Shanley.  If Shanley can hang early who knows.

I agree, there will be tons of SHS fans at state, and i believe the west will be overconfident coming into state.  Plus, never count out DL even though they've had some bad games and they are dealing with some controversy over the VC-DL game...when they are on and playing well they're a very good team its just whether they come to play or not.
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:11 pm

Spoof_Team wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Spoof_Team wrote:

i do live in the present and presently they are dominating every team they play and presently the only team to worry about is century C-E-N-T-U-R-Y so ya west championship very easy Mandan 99% Century 1%

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby antonelli » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:55 am

anything can happen man, i attended shanley and graduated in 04 and my girlfriend at the time (varriano) graduated in 05 so I watched them play and they had to go to OT of the play in game to get into the EDC tournament, only to go all the way to the Championship game, and then on to get 3rd at state. You never know what can happen. If you look back all you guys are saying that the chances are very slim of SHS winning the east and that their junior class isnt good, well now what? you're wrong. And you may be wrong about this Mandan is unbeatable BS cause any team can beat any team on any given day.
antonelli
NDPreps Rookie

Postby shs01240 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:44 am

BIG DAVE!!!
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cuzican33 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:52 am

[user=2273]Spoof_Team[/user] wrote:
[user=517]cdub1[/user] wrote:
[quote="Spoof_Team"][quote="Claz B Fan"]Isnt Mandan ranked in the top 25 nationally in a poll, I dont think they are going to lose when you get a team from North Dakota ranked nationally in a poll

they walked through state last year i predict something similar this year[/quote]
LAST YEAR?! Try living in the present, not the past. Mandan is not unbeatable and has their flaws. It's up to the rest of the state to find and exploit them.[/quote]

Good luck with that!!
Last edited by cuzican33 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
cuzican33

Postby cdub1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:44 pm

antonelli wrote:anything can happen man, i attended shanley and graduated in 04 and my girlfriend at the time (varriano) graduated in 05 so I watched them play and they had to go to OT of the play in game to get into the EDC tournament, only to go all the way to the Championship game, and then on to get 3rd at state. You never know what can happen. If you look back all you guys are saying that the chances are very slim of SHS winning the east and that their junior class isnt good, well now what? you're wrong. And you may be wrong about this Mandan is unbeatable BS cause any team can beat any team on any given day.

no just to prove my point mandan wins games by over 50 how could they lose to one of those teams?

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby GFRR99 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:25 pm

i can easily see shanley beating mandan in the semi's with dominque schuler having a big game
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby persha1 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:19 pm

schuler didn't have a great game against South.  Took until the second half for her to get going.  She did however hit the 1000 mark, make the all tourney team  and received Senior player of the year for the EDC.  So congrats to her!!!!! And too her Coach Jacobson, He was named EDC coach of the year.  Too bad there are politics involved with Miss Basketball.  She should have been on the list...
persha1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:28 pm

persha1 wrote:schuler didn't have a great game against South.  Took until the second half for her to get going.  She did however hit the 1000 mark, make the all tourney team  and received Senior player of the year for the EDC.  So congrats to her!!!!! And too her Coach Jacobson, He was named EDC coach of the year.  Too bad there are politics involved with Miss Basketball.  She should have been on the list...

Its a career award and she has been in nd play for 1 year
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Girls