Devils Lake vs Valley City

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby bert1072 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:54 am

Baller wrote:I honestly do not get why this game is so much different than all the other games that VC has played.  The margin of victory was not any different, its just that DL broke 100 points.  Mandan does it all the time and no one rains on their parade.

Why should the JV get to play the entire second half??  They already got to play a game.  I think that it not cool to always take away playing time from kids that earn it. 

DL did not press the second half!!  I was at the game. 

well look at it this way. you start your varsity  and give them some time and you bring the jv in to give them some playing time as they are the ones who are going to have to play next year aren't they.  Yes VC gets beat by big #'s but do you have to humiliate a team with your starters the JV would have run some big #'s also maybe not a 100 but close to it. DL started the 2nd half with the press and then switched to  a zone trap, not much diffeerence against a week team
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bert1072 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 am

Diamond D wrote: 

Wildwarrior:   So two wrongs make a right???

More is coming of this here in town.....

At first I didn't have an opinion on this, but now I am just disgusted.  I just learned that one of the senior player's Father from DL left the game because he was so embarrassed by the score and the fact that the seniors were still playing.

You can come on here and defend DL all you want, but right there when you have a team parent who leaves the game because of the embarrassment he has, that right there is enough proof to me to say DL was completely in the wrong.

What bothers me the most is, this is getting hyped up.  Not only here in town, but on the website, in the papers, etc...   This is now being talked about in alot of places.

What will be the reprocussions now?  We wanted our girls to be focussed on EDC.  Now will they all have their heads clear by next week for EDC or will this issue still be on their minds as well?

The father left the game not because of the score but how DL got there. Lets remember the girls are goint to play when they are told too by the coaches so its best to put the blame where it should be. This is  a great group of young ladies who were put in by the coach and were in a bad situation. I think they will be focused for the EDC lets hope the coaches are focused on what they are supposed to be doing
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:26 am

The way it sounded this game could have got real ugly, real quick good thing it didn't though.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls