Who's gonna win state?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mandan vs. The Field

Mandan
62%
Other
38%

Total votes : 52

Postby MHSfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Think of all the good Mandan girls basketball teams that will be coming up too.  It seems like all the girls in that city are on traveling teams and it is very competitive between them and Bismarck teams.  To me it seems like they see all the success of these girls and want the same thing for themselves when they get older.  If this is true, Mandan could have quite the program for years to come... can you say DYNASTY?
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:02 pm

MHSfan wrote:Think of all the good Mandan girls basketball teams that will be coming up too.  It seems like all the girls in that city are on traveling teams and it is very competitive between them and Bismarck teams.  To me it seems like they see all the success of these girls and want the same thing for themselves when they get older.  If this is true, Mandan could have quite the program for years to come... can you say DYNASTY?

there is an amazingly good junior high girl i played against at the community center in a big pick up game she was automatic from 3 i think she was mic longtin?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby G-town Hoyas » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:21 pm

There were two 8th graders that played sophmore and JV for mandan this year.  Both of them were in double figures at every game I saw.  In the JV game against century, I think her last name is peterson scored 13 points in the second half. 
go hoyas
G-town Hoyas
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #50mandan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:18 pm

go braves!!! lets go for 5 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports24 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:23 pm

G-town Hoyas wrote:There were two 8th graders that played sophmore and JV for mandan this year.  Both of them were in double figures at every game I saw.  In the JV game against century, I think her last name is peterson scored 13 points in the second half. 

the girls are steph peterson and anna helmers...steph is the daughter of amundsons right handman, marv peterson.
sports24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sioux75 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:01 pm

Now that we know the brackets here are my predictions:

Day 1.

South over Jamestown

Bismarck over Devil's Lake

Mandan over Red River

Century over Shanley

Day 2

Bismarck over South

Mandan over Century

Devil's Lake over Jamestown

Shanley over Red River

Day 3.

Mandan over Bismarck

Century over South

Shanley over Devil's Lake
sioux75

Postby gfhockey » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:13 pm

idk im sure mandan is going to blow out RR but i have seen RR play some of the best D ever but there shooting not cool.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:52 pm

gfhockey wrote:idk im sure mandan is going to blow out RR but i have seen RR play some of the best D ever but there shooting not cool.

RR hasn't seen mandan's D and no one from the east really has either.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:52 pm

Last edited by Ditka14 on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby demonfan74 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:33 pm

RR doesn't have a shot; they will be torn apart.  I'm predicting 35 TO and a 40 pt win for mandan. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby creme de la creme » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:54 pm

will this really be mandans 5th title in a row if they sweep this coming weekend? if thats true then that is a dynasty
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby roughrider125 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:20 am

creme de la creme wrote:will this really be mandans 5th title in a row if they sweep this coming weekend? if thats true then that is a dynasty

yep....but not only have they won 4 in a row they've won 7 of the last 8
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby sioux75 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:04 am

Actually they have won 6 out of the last 7 state tournaments.  They have 7 titles in all.  Maybe even more impressive is that they have been in 11 out of the last 12 state title games.  In the three games they lost one was in overtime and the other two they lost by one and two points.
sioux75

Postby point/center » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:25 am

sioux75 wrote:Actually they have won 6 out of the last 7 state tournaments.  They have 7 titles in all.  Maybe even more impressive is that they have been in 11 out of the last 12 state title games.  In the three games they lost one was in overtime and the other two they lost by one and two points.

wow...DYNASTY....no matter how you spell it. Reminds me of the late 80s early 90s NDSU womens team.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby creme de la creme » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:16 pm

i think they will win 5 in a row but this weekend will not be easy, theyll get past red river pretty easy but from there on they will have to play the best to be the best
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:25 pm

creme de la creme wrote:i think they will win 5 in a row but this weekend will not be easy, theyll get past red river pretty easy but from there on they will have to play the best to be the best

they'll be playin the west after the first day and if its anything like WDA its over
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Girls