WDA tournament

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDHOOPWATCHER » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:47 am

With tournament time approaching, any thoughts on the outcome of the WDA tournament  and which players/teams will step up their game to make it to the State tournament?
NDHOOPWATCHER
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bruins44 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:39 am

NDHOOPWATCHER wrote:With tournament time approaching, any thoughts on the outcome of the WDA tournament  and which players/teams will step up their game to make it to the State tournament?

The top three teams are no brainers... Mandan, BHS and Century, after that it could be any one of the following teams,  Minot, Dickinson or Jamestown.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Deuce » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:50 am

I'd put Minot as the favorite for the 4th spot.  They have a solid game both inside and outside but against a team that puts lots of defensive pressure (Mandan & DL) they've struggled. 

Dickinson has one of the best athletes in the state but can't seem to get it done and I don't think they have the back court to beat Minot but could if they have a good game.  

Jamestown would be my dark horse.  They have been playing well lately but if they play a team with a good inside game I think they will struggle offensively. 

I'd put Belcourt, St. Mary's and Williston as the long shots.  Shauna Knife is a great player but in class A one player can't get it done alone.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:37 pm

Deuce wrote:I'd put Minot as the favorite for the 4th spot.  They have a solid game both inside and outside but against a team that puts lots of defensive pressure (Mandan & DL) they've struggled. 

Dickinson has one of the best athletes in the state but can't seem to get it done and I don't think they have the back court to beat Minot but could if they have a good game.  

Jamestown would be my dark horse.  They have been playing well lately but if they play a team with a good inside game I think they will struggle offensively. 

I'd put Belcourt, St. Mary's and Williston as the long shots.  Shauna Knife is a great player but in class A one player can't get it done alone.

Minot almost beat mandan.  Minot was tied at halftime and down by only one with two min. left.  I got minot in the 4 spot.
ndfootball

Postby bballfan1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:56 pm

does anyone think Mandan is beatable?
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:43 pm

bballfan1 wrote:does anyone think Mandan is beatable?

nope not anymore

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Deuce » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:07 am

ndfootball wrote:
Deuce wrote:I'd put Minot as the favorite for the 4th spot.  They have a solid game both inside and outside but against a team that puts lots of defensive pressure (Mandan & DL) they've struggled. 

Minot almost beat mandan.  Minot was tied at halftime and down by only one with two min. left.  I got minot in the 4 spot.

Minot handled the trap a lot better this last game than they did the first.  But when it came down to the end they didn't score a point that last 2 minutes.  I will give them a lot of credit for how hard they played.  To go from getting blown out to making a game of it shows their determination.  They've now played the top three teams close at home so if they can transfer that confidence on the road to the WDA they could very well be returning to state this year.
Last edited by Deuce on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby UND#1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:48 pm

Deuce wrote:
ndfootball wrote:

Minot handled the trap a lot better this last game than they did the first.  But when it came down to the end they didn't score a point that last 2 minutes.  I will give them a lot of credit for how hard they played.  To go from getting blown out to making a game of it shows their determination.  They've now played the top three teams close at home so if they can transfer that confidence on the road to the WDA they could very well be returning to state this year.

From what I've heard minot doesnt know how to close out games.  That is a cofidence issue in big games.  With that they have a great one-two punch in Adams and Sundheim.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 pm

I'd obviously have to agree with mandan, century, and bismarck...and i think the 4th spot is pretty much between minot and dickinson.  To be honest though, I have not been impressed with either squad either time I've watched them play.  Dickinson has no one to help Steffan, and I guess I just wasn't impressed with minot.  There's definitely a gap between the top 3 and everyone else.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby bcourtbraves » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:08 pm

Why is Belcourt considered a long shot if they beat Minot? And they do have Davis that plays some good basketball along with Knife.
Believe Big
bcourtbraves
NDPreps Starter

Postby Deuce » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:16 pm

My post was a couple of weeks  before that happened. but it goes to show how people can be wrong.  Anything can happen in HS basketball and congrats to Shauna Knife and her fellow Braves.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls