Ashley Privatsky

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby UND9296 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:23 pm

Diamond D wrote: 

If UND is making the transition to D1, why would it be in Ashley's best interest to attend there?

Many of the top DVL girls attended Lake Region State before heading off to UND as well.   Rumor around here is Schwab has committments from three DVL players right now to come to LRSC next fall.  Last year two of the Lady Royals starters went onto D1 schools (Schafer to Northern Arizona who beat NDSU on Nov. 19th and the other was Mercer to U of Montana).  

Ashley still has another year of school left.  At the junior status, how many other avenues will open up?   We have our current Ms. Basketball down in Kansas and the Mandan girl heading to New Mexico to name only a couple.  Don't we have another over in Wisconsin somewhere?

There are some great programs out there for Ashley to choose from.  I would hope she would stay in state, but with an entire senior year ahead of her, it might be too early to pick a college for her.

Just my humble opinion.
Only Ashley can answer the question of what's best for her, but going to a "name" dI school isn't the be all end all. A perfect example is South Dakota State, which is currently ranked 48th (give or take a few spots) in the current women's basketball RPI rankings. Given the histories of UND and SDSU as dII programs and what each has accomplished, I see no reason UND can't replicate that sort of success--if they can get many of the top North Dakota players. SDSU's roster is comprised pretty much entirely of South Dakotans and Minnesotans, so it can be done, even when the only post season opportunity to shoot for is the women's NIT. NDSU hasn't been anywhere near as successful as SDSU in their transition to a dI women's basketball program, for whatever reason, but obviously I'm hoping that UND's transition is much more like SDSU's than NDSU's. It all depends on the recruiting. If most top North Dakota players buy into the theory that you have to leave the state to be a legit dI player, then it will be extremely difficult.
Last edited by UND9296 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_real_deal » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:43 am

I agree UND will eventually be very good in D1, its just gonna be hard to get it going through the years of no postseason play, except the NIT.  If a player is goood enough to go to a D1 school that has a chance to go to the NCAA tourney, that would be hard to turn down if they were a true competitor.  I hope Privatsky goes to UND, maybe Wahlin too but I see her going somewhere to compete for conference titles and a shot at the NCAA tourney.  They are both very good players.
the_real_deal

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:43 pm

I just want to congratulate her on setting the school record for points in a game last night against VC, scoring 39, she even sat the last 10 minutes of the game. She actually ended up outscoring VC by herself, as VC only put up 38.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:49 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:I just want to congratulate her on setting the school record for points in a game last night against VC, scoring 39, she even sat the last 10 minutes of the game. She actually ended up outscoring VC by herself, as VC only put up 38.

are you sure you have your game minutes straight?  I heard that she went back in with about 3:30 to play in the second half to score 2 more pts

CONGRATS!!  setting a school scoring record is a great accomplishment
Last edited by bruins44 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:53 pm

Congratulations to Ashley for breaking the old DL record of 38 set by Durene Heisler.
ND_SportsNut

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:35 pm

bruins44 wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:I just want to congratulate her on setting the school record for points in a game last night against VC, scoring 39, she even sat the last 10 minutes of the game. She actually ended up outscoring VC by herself, as VC only put up 38.

are you sure you have your game minutes straight?  I heard that she went back in with about 3:30 to play in the second half to score 2 more pts

CONGRATS!!  setting a school scoring record is a great accomplishment

i know she came out with 10 minutes left in the half, and only went in at the end because her coaches were not aware of the record at the time she came out. when she went back in, she quickly got a steal and her two points, then came out. she was barely in the game.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tadam6 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:08 pm

pretty sure my girl ashley privatsky is the best player in the state
tadam6

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:26 pm

tadam6 wrote:pretty sure my girl ashley privatsky is the best player in the state

best player almost best junior easily but i still have to say keilpinski is the best just cuz shes going d1

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the_real_deal » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:02 pm

Hopefully she doesn't choke in the postseason like last year, bigtime players step up in the playoffs
the_real_deal

Postby 666 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:13 pm

i agree all what matters is when the tourneys come

Postby UND9296 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:59 am

Per today's Grand Forks Herald, Privatsky has verbally committed to UND.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsubball » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:40 pm

heres a link to the GF herald about Ashley's commitment to UND
http://www.grandforksherald.com/articles/index.cfm?id=34343&section=Sports
ndsubball

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:12 am

UND9296 wrote:Per today's Grand Forks Herald, Privatsky has verbally committed to UND.

commited already? Wow thats early isn't it? Maybe she should have waited a little see what else might come up. She should go play with Mandan this summer. I wouldn't dought she would get some D-I looks when they go down to california and stuff. Knife did it so i don't know why she wouldn't this summer, does DL girls have a summer program?
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby UND9296 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:21 am

Ditka14 wrote:
UND9296 wrote:Per today's Grand Forks Herald, Privatsky has verbally committed to UND.

commited already? Wow thats early isn't it? Maybe she should have waited a little see what else might come up. She should go play with Mandan this summer. I wouldn't dought she would get some D-I looks when they go down to california and stuff. Knife did it so i don't know why she wouldn't this summer, does DL girls have a summer program?

It is a pretty early commitment, but it sounded like UND is where she always wanted to go. This was from the above-linked article:

[quote]

Privratsky's first choice was UND.

“It's always been my dream to play there,â€Â
Last edited by UND9296 on Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
UND9296
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:41 am

Ditka14 wrote:

She is playing on the ECI team with knife, the feeny's, and the shanley posts.  She has always wanted to go to UND and she is very close with her family and wants to stick around.  I think she knows she could go bigger, but sometimes other things influence a decision.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:33 am

UND is known for getting their recruits to commit early.  Ashley wasn't even the first to commit in her class; Jenna Gillette from dakota prairie commited awhile back. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fightingsioux20 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:05 am

Good choic Ashley UND is the only real powerful program around North Dakota
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Re: Ashley Privatsky

Postby the_real_deal » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:56 pm

I hope this year they keep Privatsky in the games when they areup 40 with 3 minutes left. I always enjoyed that last year when they would show no respect for the other team and just let her be in there shooting 3's so she can score 3,000 points or whatever she is on pace for.
the_real_deal

Postby EDC » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:36 pm

the_real_deal wrote:I hope this year they keep Privatsky in the games when they areup 40 with 3 minutes left. I always enjoyed that last year when they would show no respect for the other team and just let her be in there shooting 3's so she can score 3,000 points or whatever she is on pace for.

It's the players job to play hard all the time when told to play. From what I can see, Privatsky can only play one way - hard all the time. That is a strength and should be appreciated.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bert1072 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:09 pm

I think your missing the point EDC Privatsky was left in games last year when yhere was no reason for it. Its not her fault it was the coaches trying to get her #'s. that being said with her father as coach it won't be any different. It will be said that it has to be that way because they don't have anyone else well U can't have anyone else when you won't play anyone else
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Stromer » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:38 pm

Sportsmanship is a joke anyways. The only reason you take out your starters is a blowout is so you can play the subs or that you don't want the starters getting hurt. If you don't feel concerned about injuries, or if you don't feel like developing younger players, or if you have some other motive like breaking a record, then by all means go for it and keep them in.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:58 pm

Does it really make a difference if your getting beat by 15 or your getting beat by 40? The people who whine and complain when their team is getting beat are the same ones who are cheering when their team is doing the same thing. :roll:

We are not talking about an elementary team who is just learning the sport, we are talking about VARSITY (the best in your shool). If you step out on the floor, be prepared to play. If you are getting killed, then PRACTICE MORE and stop whinning!
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby the_real_deal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 pm

Practice, we talking about practice man. Not a game, practice. practice
the_real_deal

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:34 am

Ashley hurt her knee in the game on Saturday...They think she tore her miniscus but are unsure about the ACL...MRI on monday. Hopefully nothing serious and she can get back to playing like herself. I hate when players work so hard to get to where they are and then an injury keeps them from playing. You see it too often in girls basketball
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby EDC » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:49 pm

Sorry to hear this. I was wondering about the St Mary's score. You can see how much she means to her team. What does this mean as far as the time it takes to come back and play? If it is the miniscus or ACL? This is the fear of all seniors and their parents and fans. A message to all underclassmen - enjoy the journey and don't wait to be the best you can be thinking about that glorious senior year. All sorts of things happen.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Girls