jessica kielpinski

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:39 pm

what are everyones thoughts on kielpinski how she will do in college how good she is who compares to her....etc

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDVBBB » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:55 am

From on court appearances, Jessica doesn't seem to be selfish - just effecient and effective.  Get her the ball - she scores off the shot, she scores at the free-throw line or passes to an open player.  She shoots 64% FG & 74% FT.  Her high scoring average does not reflect all the other aspects of her game.  Mandan will miss her greatly next year!
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ghetto*revival » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 am

angie welle
ghetto*revival

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:21 am

ghetto*revival wrote:angie welle

what about her? are you saying keilpinski mite be close or are you saying she is the last player better than her?
Last edited by cdub1 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:25 am

Angie Welle was a 4 year starter for Iowa State... she won back to back state titles for Shanley in the mid 90s

She was good!!!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:26 am

bruins44 wrote:Angie Welle was a 4 year starter for Iowa State... she won back to back state titles for Shanley in the mid 90s

She was good!!!

i think she played in the wnba pretty sure on that not sure what team though

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby UND#1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:04 pm

I would like to see her rebound a little better.  She is pulling down 8-9  game, but with her size she should be pulling down more. Anyone know where she is looking at playing college ball at.
UND#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby *hoops101 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:44 pm

Jessica Kielpinski is one of the better basketball players I have seen in a while. She is aggressive and she knows the game. She is not selfish at all!
*hoops101
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bruins44 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:38 pm

cdub1 wrote:
bruins44 wrote:Angie Welle was a 4 year starter for Iowa State... she won back to back state titles for Shanley in the mid 90s

She was good!!!

i think she played in the wnba pretty sure on that not sure what team though

no she didnt play in the WNBA,  she got cut, politics I guess.... she is now teaching and coaching in West Fargo....
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:02 pm

UND#1 wrote:I would like to see her rebound a little better.  She is pulling down 8-9  game, but with her size she should be pulling down more. Anyone know where she is looking at playing college ball at.

new mexico

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Y-not Daily » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:18 pm

I know she's only a junior and Devils Lake hasn't accomplished what Mandan has as a team, but how about Ashley Privatsky?

This season, 22.3 points per game, 6.7 assists per game, 6 steals per game, shooting 89.9 percent from the FT line in 88 attempts. Them's some impressive numbers.  
Y-not Daily

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 pm

Y-not Daily wrote:I know she's only a junior and Devils Lake hasn't accomplished what Mandan has as a team, but how about Ashley Privatsky?

This season, 22.3 points per game, 6.7 assists per game, 6 steals per game, shooting 89.9 percent from the FT line in 88 attempts. Them's some impressive numbers.  

2nd best player in the state

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ghetto*revival » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:35 am

im sayin JK is a good player but in recent memory angie welle was better
ghetto*revival

Postby SDHoops » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:17 am

What ever happened to the girl that went to Kansas State like five years ago? Didn't she only play for a year - what's the story there? She would've been on a top ten NCAA team
Last edited by SDHoops on Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDHoops
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:23 am

SDHoops wrote:What ever happened to the girl that went to Kansas State like five years ago? Didn't she only play for a year - what's the story there? She would've been on a top ten NCAA team

Your thinking kari Hanson idk what happened to her, I thought i heard somthing about personal problems, but im not for sure on that one.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Baller » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:39 am

Kari played quite a bit her first year and then got really sick and the coaches wouldn't let her play til she gained some weight back that she lost when she sick.  She never really came back from that and just finished school.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bruins44 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:21 am

Baller wrote:Kari played quite a bit her first year and then got really sick and the coaches wouldn't let her play til she gained some weight back that she lost when she sick.  She never really came back from that and just finished school.

I had heard that Kari was told by the K State coaches to lose weight.... for the next season,  then because of this she had an eating disorder and lost way too much weight.  I dont think she played after that,  so sad!!  she was a great talent!
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:27 am

bruins44 wrote:
Baller wrote:Kari played quite a bit her first year and then got really sick and the coaches wouldn't let her play til she gained some weight back that she lost when she sick.  She never really came back from that and just finished school.

I had heard that Kari was told by the K State coaches to lose weight.... for the next season,  then because of this she had an eating disorder and lost way too much weight.  I dont think she played after that,  so sad!!  she was a great talent!

Yeah i heard she had an eating disorder would hit a girl harder then a guy.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby thankyou_sir41 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:23 pm

will she even be able to keep up with her sister
You will not Win cuz i will not Lose
thankyou_sir41
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:44 pm

thankyou_sir41 wrote:will she even be able to keep up with her sister

i saw them play in an alumni game and i would say rebecca is a lot stronger but jessica had more range

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:01 pm

rebecca has been on a weight program the last two years.  i think that once jess hits the conditioning program that new mexico will put her on, I think she has the potential to be better than her sister.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:33 am

I know this is class A but.... you did ask the question of who compares to her .....Rebecca  Feickert

last years Miss Basketball and playing at Kansas for the Jayhawks...... she doesn't have the same build but.... 22 ppg, 15.5 rpg, 4.25 bpg, 3.7 apg, 3.6 spg while shooting 56% from field and 82% from free throw line.  Include in that 44 3 pointers while shooting 50% from beyond the arc.  Not playing a whole lot at Kansas but has played quite a bit for a freshman.
Last edited by Bearsfan on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bearsfan

Postby cdub1 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:07 pm

Bearsfan wrote:I know this is class A but.... you did ask the question of who compares to her .....Rebecca  Feickert

last years Miss Basketball and playing at Kansas for the Jayhawks...... she doesn't have the same build but.... 22 ppg, 15.5 rpg, 4.25 bpg, 3.7 apg, 3.6 spg while shooting 56% from field and 82% from free throw line.  Include in that 44 3 pointers while shooting 50% from beyond the arc.  Not playing a whole lot at Kansas but has played quite a bit for a freshman.

that is an amazingly good comparison i had forgotten about her how is she doing

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Bearsfan » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:45 pm

cdub1 wrote:
Bearsfan wrote:I know this is class A but.... you did ask the question of who compares to her .....Rebecca  Feickert

that is an amazingly good comparison i had forgotten about her how is she doing

She has a few games with over 10mins in but basically she is the 3rd or 4th off the bench. 
Bearsfan

Postby creme de la creme » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:58 pm

jessicas goin to new mexico right?
i saw 'em in eastbay kid
creme de la creme
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls