Century @ Mandan

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

who wins

Mandan
82%
Century
18%

Total votes : 17

Postby 3sport » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:02 pm

who comes out on top in this one?...this tuesday in mandan
Last edited by 3sport on Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:45 pm

With Century stuggling lately, i got mandan by 10.
ndfootball

Postby cdub1 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:48 pm

mandan by 15 or more they got so much better and century isnt shootin that well

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball4 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:38 pm

Mandan won by 12....gym was full before the JV game was over, heard they had to turn 500 people away
baseball4

Postby 3sport » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:48 pm

it was absolutetly sick how packed it was
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:49 pm

3sport wrote:it was absolutetly sick how packed it was

ya man literally the kid on my right was 6 inches away the entire game

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:51 pm

i also want to add kielpinski had one of the loudest blocks i have ever seen you would have thought she was spiking a volleyball

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 3sport » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:52 pm

haha
3sport
NDPreps Starter

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:43 pm

i hope people who were at the game can see why i think fettig is better than lafrance all lafrance does is pass and get a couple athletic plays still one of the better players in the state but not as good as fettig imo
Last edited by cdub1 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:03 pm

cdub1 wrote:i hope people who were at the game can see why i think fettig is better than lafrance all lafrance does is pass and get a couple athletic plays still one of the better players in the state but not as good as fettig imo

no way, lafrance does so many things for that team. fettig is pretty one dimensional and has one post move it is pretty awful and some how it goes in.. whatever works i guess but still lafrance is their best defensive player, she gets steals, can break down the defense, and she sets up her teammates.  She is a very good passer and I think she needs to take a few more shots as well.
Last edited by Ming01 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:10 pm

Ming01 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:i hope people who were at the game can see why i think fettig is better than lafrance all lafrance does is pass and get a couple athletic plays still one of the better players in the state but not as good as fettig imo

no way, lafrance does so many things for that team. fettig is pretty one dimensional and has one post move it is pretty awful and some how it goes in.. whatever works i guess but still lafrance is their best defensive player, she gets steals, can break down the defense, and she sets up her teammates.  She is a very good passer and I think she needs to take a few more shots as well.

when you get 27 points against the best team in the state i have a hard time saying you arn't the best player on your team lafrance passes good got a couple steals but she didnt look to score and her ball handling was  not as good as i have seen before maybe she just had an off game though

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby justbecause » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:25 am

I agree with cdub.  To score 27 points against the best basketball team and player matchup in the state, does speak something.  Being double and even tripple teamed most of the night, was pretty impressive.  Fettig had an 8-0 run in the second half not missing a single basket, and than a 4-0 run with six minutes left to get the patriots within 5 points.  I would be surprised to see another post player in the state rack up that many points against Mandan.  Bismarck Tribune says Century was 2-17 on 3 point attempts.  As soon as Fettig was closing the gap, they would try from outside, than miss, than Mandan would regain possession, and score.  Seemed to be how the game went all night.  If Fettig wouldn't have had a strong game, I believe Mandan would have walked with this one. 
justbecause
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDVBBB » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:22 am

According to the radio broadcast, Fettig played 34 of 36 minutes.  Kielpinski sat out at least 5 minutes in the 1st half and also during the second half.  What a matchup!  27 Fettig - 20 Kielpinksi (8 at the line at the end).

CHS outside shooting needs to pick up.  When Minot shut down Fettig, the game was close.  Last night, LaFrance driving into the zone and dishing off setup Fettig.  CHS needs Miller, Jossart, Kuntz, Michelsen & Asplund to contribute more to remove the pressure from Fettig & LaFrance.
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:33 am

I still think lafrance is better and definitely more important.  There is no doubt in my mind that they would get less wins without lafrance than without Fettig.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:39 pm

i agree with cdub
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Girls