2,000 pts?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby cdub1 » Fri May 11, 2007 9:30 pm

Baller wrote:You are guys are forgetting the fact that Ashley has seen playing time since she was an eighth grader.  You don't see many players as special as she is...you wouldn't see many players do it in Class A even if they did get the minutes. 

that is true i dont care about the minutes or anything like that but she has been a top player since her sophomore year offensive and defensive

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby basketball4u » Mon May 14, 2007 5:12 pm

from what everybody is posting she sounds really amazing as far as a Class A girls basketball player. To bad class B doesnt have that much talent as this girl does, and im not saying that Class B has no talent, just not the amount of talent as this girl!
Bishop Ryan Boys Basketball Team*clap*
basketball4u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bert1072 » Tue May 15, 2007 6:06 am

Baller wrote:You are guys are forgetting the fact that Ashley has seen playing time since she was an eighth grader.  You don't see many players as special as she is...you wouldn't see many players do it in Class A even if they did get the minutes. 

Actually she has not been playing varsity from the 8th grade. she first started varsity at 9th and ahe has also had stuberg for the whole time. I don't think there is anyone who disputes the fact shes a very good player the only complaint that i  see here is that she also plays a ton more minutes than ayone else even though she didn't have too. Stuberg would never give anyone else a chance to play that position. When you look at there season the best player they had in then end of the year was Black.

bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue May 15, 2007 6:30 am

Wow!!  If you believe that then you do not know much about basketball....Yes, Black played well during EDC and State, something they have been waiting for her to do for two seasons.  Didn't give anyone else a chance?  Davis couldn't handle JV pressure let alone varsity.  There was no one else at that position.  And check your facts because Ashley played in the EDC tourney as an eighth grader.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Tue May 15, 2007 10:07 am

bert1072 wrote:

Actually she has not been playing varsity from the 8th grade. she first started varsity at 9th and ahe has also had stuberg for the whole time. I don't think there is anyone who disputes the fact shes a very good player the only complaint that i  see here is that she also plays a ton more minutes than ayone else even though she didn't have too. Stuberg would never give anyone else a chance to play that position. When you look at there season the best player they had in then end of the year was Black.

there is no way black was better than privrastky if mandan would have been upset it would have been because of privrastky even ask the mandan girls who the best player they played this year was and they will say privrastky half of them dont even know who black is

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bert1072 » Wed May 16, 2007 5:41 am

Baller wrote:Wow!!  If you believe that then you do not know much about basketball....Yes, Black played well during EDC and State, something they have been waiting for her to do for two seasons.  Didn't give anyone else a chance?  Davis couldn't handle JV pressure let alone varsity.  There was no one else at that position.  And check your facts because Ashley played in the EDC tourney as an eighth grader.

From the reply Baller i have to assume you are in HS so sit back  and read. As far as knowing basketball you will never catch up but then you are still young. If you would have been watching the play  you would have seen that Privatsky did her normal great job but Black was able to pick it up and become the outlet the speed DL needed. She is the one who handled the other teams best front player so Privatsky wouldn't get into foul trouble and so on. No one is saying that Black is a better ball player than Privatsky but if you were paying attention you say that Black was always taken out and not left in for theminutes Priv got. Why pick on Davis are you saying that they don't have any choices to play out front? you are the one dicing Davis no one else. Shes not a point guard and now one said she would be one, just you. You need to ck your facts talk to a few of the parents of kids who plated with Privatsky in 8th Grade and you will see of course unless you call 1 game a season
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Wed May 16, 2007 7:00 am

bert1072 wrote:
Baller wrote:Wow!!  If you believe that then you do not know much about basketball....Yes, Black played well during EDC and State, something they have been waiting for her to do for two seasons.  Didn't give anyone else a chance?  Davis couldn't handle JV pressure let alone varsity.  There was no one else at that position.  And check your facts because Ashley played in the EDC tourney as an eighth grader.

From the reply Baller i have to assume you are in HS so sit back  and read. As far as knowing basketball you will never catch up but then you are still young. If you would have been watching the play  you would have seen that Privatsky did her normal great job but Black was able to pick it up and become the outlet the speed DL needed. She is the one who handled the other teams best front player so Privatsky wouldn't get into foul trouble and so on. No one is saying that Black is a better ball player than Privatsky but if you were paying attention you say that Black was always taken out and not left in for theminutes Priv got. Why pick on Davis are you saying that they don't have any choices to play out front? you are the one dicing Davis no one else. Shes not a point guard and now one said she would be one, just you. You need to ck your facts talk to a few of the parents of kids who plated with Privatsky in 8th Grade and you will see of course unless you call 1 game a season

1st of all...not in high school, but nice try.  You said that Black was the BEST player on the floor at the end of the year.  I was refuting that fact.  I don't get my information from Parents and I am not going to argue this point with someone who is obviously a parent that thinks their kid should get more playing time over a group of seniors and the best player in the state.  Maybe you should go after the coaching job and bench privratsky for the rest of her career to make up for all these extra one's she got under Stuberg.  After all, you gotta look to the future and get the younger kids ready.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan1 » Wed May 16, 2007 12:06 pm

Baller wrote:
bert1072 wrote:

1st of all...not in high school, but nice try.  You said that Black was the BEST player on the floor at the end of the year.  I was refuting that fact.  I don't get my information from Parents and I am not going to argue this point with someone who is obviously a parent that thinks their kid should get more playing time over a group of seniors and the best player in the state.  Maybe you should go after the coaching job and bench privratsky for the rest of her career to make up for all these extra one's she got under Stuberg.  After all, you gotta look to the future and get the younger kids ready
Ummm...privatsky is amazing and black is nowhere close...Black underachieved for most of her high school career and had a decent EDC and State tourney...Privratsky got to many scrub minutes that Heidi should have played subs that doesn't mean that that sub was competing for a spot with Privratsky...and no they had noone in the guard category who could handle varsity - they had no bench whatsoever
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby football101 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:11 pm

bert1072 wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:
roughrider125 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Baller wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:
Baller wrote:why are you such a privratsky hater??  This is the second time you have commented on her getting too much playing time.  Sorry, but the best player in the state should get that many minutes.

she deserves to play a lot but Heidi played her too much...with a new coach she will probably not get as many minutes as she did this year

Who else did you want at the PG?? Jessie Davis?  They would never get the ball past half court.  If she doesn't play as much as she did last year then DL will be in a world of hurt!!

why wouldnt you play your returning 1st team all stater who will probalby average a triple double next year with about 25 a game

i think bballfan means she played too much when they were up by 20+ points this year and she may not see playing time during those games with a different coach - i watched multiple games where they took all of their starters out when they were up by 20+ in the second half yet left AP in to rack up her stats

exactly my point...she should play every minute...unless its a blowout

interesting theory. so what happens if she gets hurt or tired out? isn't it the job of a coach to also try to build a program with upcoming players? She might get 2000, congrats if she does but isn't it more important to build a team instead of going for the glory of 1 player?
Devils Lake does not have any upcoming players this year.  It will be a long year for DL.
football101
NDPreps Starter

Postby Baller » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:44 am

They do have some players that will be okay

Marti Elshaug is a tall lanky post that will do okay

Stephanie Mertens is a freshman...BJ's sister will play varsity by the middle of the season.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:41 pm

Baller wrote:They do have some players that will be okay

Marti Elshaug is a tall lanky post that will do okay

Stephanie Mertens is a freshman...BJ's sister will play varsity by the middle of the season.

DL will struggle to have a post player that will do well this year, just because they have no height. Elshaug will not be able to do much this year, she just isnt ready skill wise. Gathman will be their main post threat.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:17 am

Who is the new coach for DL? 
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:20 am

former assistant Scott Privatsky on the girls and former boy's assistant Dave Bitz for the guy's
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls