2,000 pts?

Class AA Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby point/center » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:08 pm

Ashley Privatsky has 1,000 points as a junior with about 8 games left? possibly more this year? can she hit 2,000 next year?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:28 pm

that would be pretty cool.  There was actually an article in the Devils Lake Journal about what it would take to get there.  She is really the only non senior that gets much playing time this year so looking to next year, she is going to have to do even more of the scoring.  I don't think it is quite an extreme case, but the name Jossy Bergen comes to mind when thinking about players that had to do a lot more as seniors than as juniors.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:13 pm

i think he can do it wut will she need about 26 a game next year if she keeps up her pace this year?

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DeuceTrey » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:32 pm

even if she got to 2000, she might not even be the schools leading scorer. there was a girl in the 80's, Heisler or something like that, who had over 2000 points. she played varsity for 6 years, and was and all-state selection 5 of those years. she also lead them to a state championship, maybe two, i dont remember.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:20 pm

7 games left + 3 edc + 3 state hopefilly = 13

next year 19 + 3 edc + 3 state hopefully = 25  +  13 = 38

2000-1030= 970 points 

970 pts. / 38 gms. =  25.5 pts/gm for the rest of her career, its possible!
ND_SportsNut

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:23 pm

she is currently averaging just under 23 ppg. with the loss of all the seniors on the team this year, her average is bound to go up. that and she will just get that much better between seasons. i think it would be awesome if she got to 2000. it would be just amazing.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:40 pm

or the fact that she loses her strong supporting cast and other teams double team/boxn1 and her point totals drop...it's possible...there is not gurantee her ppg will increase
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:31 pm

point/center wrote:or the fact that she loses her strong supporting cast and other teams double team/boxn1 and her point totals drop...it's possible...there is not gurantee her ppg will increase

Exactly. Teams are going to focus on just her next year if she cannot get a supporting cast. 
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:42 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
point/center wrote:or the fact that she loses her strong supporting cast and other teams double team/boxn1 and her point totals drop...it's possible...there is not gurantee her ppg will increase

Exactly. Teams are going to focus on just her next year if she cannot get a supporting cast. 
teams focus on her now and she gets 20 a game also she will get better at defense which will lead to ez buckets

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:45 pm

point/center wrote:Ashley Privatsky has 1,000 points as a junior with about 8 games left? possibly more this year? can she hit 2,000 next year?

if she does only play 8 more games thats 25 a game and then 800 points in one season, thats near impossible.  shell have to average close the 35 the rest of this season along with next season ......wrong? i dont see it happening but ya never know, it woudl be amazing to see.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:46 pm

baseball wrote:
point/center wrote:Ashley Privatsky has 1,000 points as a junior with about 8 games left? possibly more this year? can she hit 2,000 next year?

if she does only play 8 more games thats 25 a game and then 800 points in one season, thats near impossible.  shell have to average close the 35 the rest of this season along with next season ......wrong? i dont see it happening but ya never know, it woudl be amazing to see.

i think shes the caliber of player where if she needed 58 points in her last game to get 2000 she would be able to do it

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:47 pm

Look how good of a team they have right now though. They have so many options, teams have to play honest, otherwise the rest of the team can step up and do the scoring. Emilee Soper had seven 3's the other nite. DL will not have as good of a team next year, I know that. Privratsky will be good, but she is going to need people to step up to take a little pressure off her.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby cdub1 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:49 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Look how good of a team they have right now though. They have so many options, teams have to play honest, otherwise the rest of the team can step up and do the scoring. Emilee Soper had seven 3's the other nite. DL will not have as good of a team next year, I know that. Privratsky will be good, but she is going to need people to step up to take a little pressure off her.

i agree with you there

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby flyguy » Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:48 pm

I had a chance to see Ashley play this weekend in the chamionshp vs mandan. Mandan held her under her season average in points. But wow how impressive is she. She brings the balll down everytime. Gets everyone else involved, rebounds. Shes the real deal and has to be a front runner for mrs. Basketball next year.
flyguy

Postby 2424 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:24 am

she can easily get it next year if she is playing the same amount of time she did this year.
"when in Rome"
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Fri May 04, 2007 7:39 am

why are you such a privratsky hater??  This is the second time you have commented on her getting too much playing time.  Sorry, but the best player in the state should get that many minutes.
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan1 » Sat May 05, 2007 11:17 am

Baller wrote:why are you such a privratsky hater??  This is the second time you have commented on her getting too much playing time.  Sorry, but the best player in the state should get that many minutes.

she deserves to play a lot but Heidi played her too much...with a new coach she will probably not get as many minutes as she did this year
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Sat May 05, 2007 2:00 pm

She will be the main threat next year.  You really don't think she will play as much!?:shock:
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sat May 05, 2007 7:12 pm

bballfan1 wrote:
Baller wrote:why are you such a privratsky hater??  This is the second time you have commented on her getting too much playing time.  Sorry, but the best player in the state should get that many minutes.

she deserves to play a lot but Heidi played her too much...with a new coach she will probably not get as many minutes as she did this year

Who else did you want at the PG?? Jessie Davis?  They would never get the ball past half court.  If she doesn't play as much as she did last year then DL will be in a world of hurt!!
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cdub1 » Sat May 05, 2007 8:20 pm

Baller wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:

Who else did you want at the PG?? Jessie Davis?  They would never get the ball past half court.  If she doesn't play as much as she did last year then DL will be in a world of hurt!!

why wouldnt you play your returning 1st team all stater who will probalby average a triple double next year with about 25 a game

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby roughrider125 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:07 am

cdub1 wrote:
Baller wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:

why wouldnt you play your returning 1st team all stater who will probalby average a triple double next year with about 25 a game

i think bballfan means she played too much when they were up by 20+ points this year and she may not see playing time during those games with a different coach - i watched multiple games where they took all of their starters out when they were up by 20+ in the second half yet left AP in to rack up her stats
Doctors and scientists said that breaking the four-minute mile was impossible, that one would die in the attempt. Thus, when I got up from the track after collapsing at the finish line, I figured I was dead.
~Roger Bannister (After becoming the first person to break the four-minute mile, 1952)
roughrider125
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan1 » Sun May 06, 2007 10:09 am

roughrider125 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Baller wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:

i think bballfan means she played too much when they were up by 20+ points this year and she may not see playing time during those games with a different coach - i watched multiple games where they took all of their starters out when they were up by 20+ in the second half yet left AP in to rack up her stats

exactly my point...she should play every minute...unless its a blowout
bballfan1
NDPreps Starter

Postby bert1072 » Fri May 11, 2007 6:46 am

bballfan1 wrote:
roughrider125 wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
Baller wrote:
bballfan1 wrote:

exactly my point...she should play every minute...unless its a blowout

interesting theory. so what happens if she gets hurt or tired out? isn't it the job of a coach to also try to build a program with upcoming players? She might get 2000, congrats if she does but isn't it more important to build a team instead of going for the glory of 1 player?
bert1072
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Fri May 11, 2007 12:01 pm

I think if other great players had as much playing time as her, you would hear about more class A players with 1000 pts.  In class B, it is not uncommon to play as an 8th grader and therefore play more total minutes by the time one graduates.  However, in class A, the average player will only play three years on varsity (if that).  That means class B players have 2 to 2 1/2  more seasons to score more points. 

But with how much privratsky plays, she should get to 2000 pts.  She's a good enough player to do it, but I think other players in the past could have to, had they played as many minutes.  No one can fault the player for minutes, only the coach.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Fri May 11, 2007 5:59 pm

You are guys are forgetting the fact that Ashley has seen playing time since she was an eighth grader.  You don't see many players as special as she is...you wouldn't see many players do it in Class A even if they did get the minutes. 
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Girls